Which smiley describes how you are feeling today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So "a person" in the lab sent out an email asking for suggestions on to make the clunky database better. I responded back and asked if commercially available databases specific to what we need were an option. I mentioned the database I used in my previous position and it could be modified in any way. "The person" responded back and basically bragged that she built the database from scratch herself and put all this time and effort into it blah blah blah that there wasn't any point to use a commercially available one that doesn't fit our needs blah blah blah. "The person" doesn't want to hear anymore about my suggestion unless there's a way to do certain things that the clunky database doesn't currently do.My suggestion was essentially dismissed and tossed in the trash can to be forgotten about
It drives me nuts when people ask for suggestions and ideas and when one is given, it's immediately shut down. At least thank the person for the suggestion and if it's something that can't be done, say so and explain why in a professional manner.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a pain in the butt to navigate through several drop down menus to do one thing, like print a label
Or manually type in bar code numbers to find project info and edit data from there. Bar codes can be scanned in but for some reason the database isn't set up to do that

Besides that issue, I'm feeling a bit
Not really sick but my lower back on the right side is a bit sore. Kind of paranoid that it's my kidney
I did have a stone or something in my kidney before which passed on its own by the time between the time it was found on an ultrasound and the appointment with the urologist a few weeks later. If I have time I'll head down to the health service office even though they most they do is offer band aids

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that sounds pretty clunky.  They really do need to streamline.  Hope they do it soon.

Have you tried aloe vera juice/gel?  My boss a few jobs back had this issue and he drank it and passed them, I guess.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a pain in the butt to navigate through several drop down menus to do one thing, like print a label
Or manually type in bar code numbers to find project info and edit data from there. Bar codes can be scanned in but for some reason the database isn't set up to do that

Besides that issue, I'm feeling a bit
Not really sick but my lower back on the right side is a bit sore. Kind of paranoid that it's my kidney
I did have a stone or something in my kidney before which passed on its own by the time between the time it was found on an ultrasound and the appointment with the urologist a few weeks later. If I have time I'll head down to the health service office even though they most they do is offer band aids
I've had stones more times than I care to remember.  Trust me, if it's a stone, you'll know it.  Second most painful experience I've ever gone through (every time I had a stone it was like that and I only needed sonic lithotrypsy once for a particularly stone).  I've been through childbirth and broken my back and kidney stone pain outstrip both of those by a mile.  The only time I've had worse pain was when my ex lacerated my spleen and kidney and I almost died from internal bleeding and had so much blood in my abdomen I looked 6 months pregnant.  I don't recommend it.

For kidney stones - or kidney issues in general - drink tons and tons of fluids and as much cranberry juice as you can stand.  I can't stand the stuff but I force at least 3 glasses a day down when I'm dealing with a stone.  Also, add some lemon juice to some water - without sugar is best - and drink it.  The lemon juice is very acidic (obviously) and can dissolve the stones a bit, making them smaller and easier to pass.

If you do have stones, see a doctor and get some drugs.  You need pain meds to get through it without screaming in pain causing the neighbors to think you have a torture chamber in your living room.  A heating pad can also help, but without pain meds, the heating pad won't make enough of a difference for you to notice.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I caught whatever my co-worker has
Nothing to bad so far, just massive headache and a bit of a cough and a stuffy nose. Plus a wonkly muscle tight wonky foot and both calves.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ireland was amazing. Now after jet lag recuperating/adjusting upon returning home, contemplating which country to go to next....

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was the only one at work today
My co-worker doesn't work on Mondays, one of the guys took the day off, and the other guy stayed home sick  I could only do the bare basic work. The morning stuff got done but the afternoon stuff did not. And we have an important inspection later this week

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  I'm trying to shake it.  I had a dream about my Grandma last night.  She passed away a year and a half ago after a long battle with dementia.  She was "gone" for a long time before she actually passed away.  In my dream we were at her house (which was sold a year ago) and I remember the feel of her skin; that thin but soft feel, and talking with her although she was confused some in my dream too.  I miss her.  Before she passed away I used to have dreams that she and I were having one of our chats like we used to before the dementia started.  I'd always wake up happy from those.  Happy and content.  Not this one.  It all started because my cousin posted a picture of a vintage Betty Crocker big red cookbook on facebook and i commented that our Grandma had had an earlier edition too. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hoping and praying he's safe inside again! 
Oh, he didn't go out the window. Thank goodness, we are upstairs!   But, he is indoor/ outdoor, so he is ok. He pretty much stays between 3 yards/ houses in a row.  (he originally came from 2 houses down).  

So I think he goes back to visit other kitties there.  

Status
Not open for further replies.