OS 11 ?

I thought the latest was OS X (X = 10)?

Spotz
Not an Apple person, so please forgive my ignorance

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since this is my first computer, I have no basis for comparison. Xp has worked just fine, for me and in 2 1/2 years, my computer has never crashed or had a virus. I download all of the updates, as they come in.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
XP home .... 2nd edition...I love it.

Lei

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm using Windows 98 SE on my current computer. On previious computers, I have used Windows 3.1 and Windows 95. I have tried various distributions of Linux (Slackware 9.1, MEPIS, and SUSE 9.1), but I could never get sound or video to work correctly. I also had troubles "installing" software which is a breeze in the Windows world.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would DIE (well, maybe not die, persay) without my Mac OSX. I have the 'Panther' variety, I guess I'm not cool enough for 'Tiger'...maybe it's a sign that the version of the OS is named after (big) cats!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My vote on the poll was for Windows 98 SE -- it's no longer true! At home I have Windows XP; at work, Windows 2000.

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Linux, since 1996. Several years with Red Hat, then I jumped over to Slackware. I've dabbled in Windows for professional reasons, but the only one I ever came close to actually liking was 2000.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Windows 98 SE at home but had problems with my digital camera software so last week I upgraded to windows 200 pro. The BIG problem is I "lost" my modem and I have the patch on my office computer big having major problems installing it at home.
What I would like to do is uninstall this and use my recovery disks to go bad to 98SE fix a whole bunch of stuff and reinstall 2000 Pro as am not planning on getting a new computer until spring!! Any helps would be appreciated.