Which Operating System

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abby7625

XP Home came on this computer...I miss 98. It was much easier to deal with than this.
Honest question:

If you had to name one thing that you prefer from 98 that XP changed, what would that be?

Spotz

kitkatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spotz

Honest question:

If you had to name one thing that you prefer from 98 that XP changed, what would that be?

Spotz
Everything

I have 98se on my desktop and xp on my laptop. I also have 98, 95 and 3.11 for networks on floppies and cds. We also have Mandrake 9 on one computer and OS9 on another.

I'm very happy with my 98se and I wouldn't change it for the world

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Running windows 95 here
We have XP pro or home on all our other computers though.

Peace,
Brandon

caspar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Windows 2000 at work and on my two home laptops, but Windows XP Home Edition on the main home computer. I would like to have XP Pro. I play a lot of graphics intensive games and build computers to play the games. XP is great for games. Win 2000 is only for business, but games can be played if they are Windows type games. If you have any old DOS based games, you will never be able to play them on a 2000 system without a lot of tweaking. Regarding MaC, I have some coworkers who use it a home. It is actually nothing merely than a UNIX based system.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
XP, Although the security issues bug me we keep it up to date, we upgraded from ME which everyone seems to have had problems with..... except me?!? ME ran on my old computer for the 3 years I had it with no problem (and It's still going strong in it's new home).

arg0

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spotz

What sound editing software do you use Arg0?

Spotz
Lets see here, I use ProTools, Acid, Soundforge, Wavelab, T-RACKS 24 and a few others. I use a ton of vsts and plugins also on top of that which would be way too many to name here (I have over 400 plugins, DX and VST, that I use).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
XP Home Edition on this computer (notebook), and Windows 95 on the PC upstairs I use for work-related matters (tests, grade lists, etc.). I've been using the 95 since 1997, and it has never crashed. Wish I could say the same about XP.

weatherlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I couldn't get 98 again after I switched to ME (ugh, that sucked), I considered 2000, but I heard there could be quite a few problems with games. I think I stuck with ME for a while just for that.

Haven't had problems with games like Warcraft3, Gayax, Lineage, or DO Online with XP Pro. I can play old DOS games with DOSBox.

aquarius

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
XP -- though I am becoming more and more curious about Linux.

Aqua

arg0

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I linux for what it is, but it still has a way to go for the laymen to understand it , however its getting closer each month. I've ran linux for 5 years now and I still have questions about it. For beginners I would recommend either Red Hat or Mandrake. I loved the Corel Linux, but I'm not sure if they still produce it or not.

weatherlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meh, you can set up a *nix system to look just like Windoze if you want to.

But FreeBSD > Linux :p

weatherlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why not? It'd be fun
Then we can drag in Dragonfly BSD to make things more interesting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arg0

Lets see here, I use ProTools, Acid, Soundforge, Wavelab, T-RACKS 24 and a few others. I use a ton of vsts and plugins also on top of that which would be way too many to name here (I have over 400 plugins, DX and VST, that I use).
Wow...that's gotta keep you busy. LOL

Spotz