Which one should I print?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I know cost is a factor as well as space, but if you can afford more than one print you could turn your bedroom into a tropical paradise. I took the liberty of copying your pictures (sorry, didn't ask permission first
) and worked out several possible arrangements. See what you think.

Two photos

Three photos

All five, arrangement 1

All five, arrangement 2

If you want to stay with just one, could you afford a larger print, something along the lines of 20X30 or 24X36? That would make a dramatic statement. Also, the darker pictures can be lightened in the printing process, so that does not necessarily have to be a consideration.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#5 was my vote

I love #2 because it reminds me of Kauai and all wonderful tropical islands

But the last one, five, is gorgeosly perfect. It seems a little dark, so maybe if you can brighten the colors somehow, then five is my vote

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I know cost is a factor as well as space, but if you can afford more than one print you could turn your bedroom into a tropical paradise. I took the liberty of copying your pictures (sorry, didn't ask permission first
) and worked out several possible arrangements. See what you think.

If you want to stay with just one, could you afford a larger print, something along the lines of 20X30 or 24X36? That would make a dramatic statement. Also, the darker pictures can be lightened in the printing process, so that does not necessarily have to be a consideration.
Wow, thanks! I'm going for one 12 x 18 because an Australian department store is doing a special on 12 x 18's for about USD$25! We have an Australian PO Box which forwards over here, so won't pay extra for shipping.

But before I go ordering more than one, I'd like to make sure the quality is good.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Ooh! Can I go to any of these places? They are all nice but 2 has the nicest balance of plants and water.
It's all the same place - the island of Mahe in the Seychelles.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Composition wise, the photo should be considered in thirds kind of like a tick tack toe grid. That being said, I would vote for one or 5 if you could crop off some of the sky, making both of them composed of three thirds. I think number 5 would be especially striking that way.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

From a composition and subject matter viewpoint, photo one has a better layout as far as foreground, middle and backround. It also offers more color, texture and variety. The only one that comes close in my estimation is # 5, but # 1 is brighter and is better balalanced.

I would only do number one.
Thanks, that's what I've just decided on thanks to everyone's suggestions for just those reasons!

How exciting!