which one should I keep? Cast your vote!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not knowing the standard for bengals, I like Sirabi the best based on these photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

i cant tell you to pick just one... i would keep them all, they are so cute, good luck picking one, i hope the rest find excellent loving homes!
ahhhh I feel so bad but as a breeder there is no way I can keep them all. There is a waiting list for these guys. If I kept them all I think people would turn on me

They probably won't like that im even keeping one-but too bad I have to keep at least one.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Duma .. with the right mate she would produce good kittys and a spitfire is a good personality..lol.. imho

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! Cash is getting so BIG. His paws are HUGE! It reminds me of our bullmastiff when he was a pup-his feet were so big he could barely walk without tripping all over his big feet. This cat is going to be gigantic I think!
They change every day it seems. They are getting SO cute!!! I cant wait till they open thier eyes and when they can actually interact with me and the family.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Not knowing the standard for bengals, I like Sirabi the best based on these photos
Well you sure act like you know the standard! So far as I can tell he meets the standard the best. Oh I wish he was a girl! But he could use the size of cash. I think i would HAVE to keep him if he was as big as cash because he's just so gorgous! The pictures just do not show the clarity in his coat. It takes my breath away every time I go into the room to see him!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I said I'm not at all familiar with the Bengal standard, but if, as I suspect, coat and pattern carry a lot of points, and he's structurally sound (good head/chin/eye/ear set, decent ear size), I'd take that albeit he's a bit smaller than you want, over any other kitten unless they have all Sirabi has plus size.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your probably right about that. I do see one minor thing-his pattern on one side does show the spotting in a circular pattern (undesirable). But because his other qualities age so good that is really no consideration at all.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And another problem is having only two studs and them both being from the same bloodlines-there's really no good reason to have two studs of the same blood since Luxor is his father =0(

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's true, only if he's better than his dad so you could alter & retire his dad.
Perhaps this fellow will make a wonderful show alter

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

That's true, only if he's better than his dad so you could alter & retire his dad.
Perhaps this fellow will make a wonderful show alter
Yeah that would be a option if his dad was social but when I got him he was not social. Im working on trying to fix that but don't know if I ever will. So I wouldn't want to alter him because he may never be the type of cat that wants to be around people.
The kitten may be a good show alter, but i'd like to see him bred as I think he has lots of good things to pass onto his offspring! Only time will tell if he turns out as good as I think though. Ear, face and tail length and shape im sure will change dramatically.
Here's another picture of the group. Sirabi is in the front

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
uh oh Duma and Cookie are tie now-come on people I need some more votes! This is not helping the fact that I want to keep them both and cant!

rugbykid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep the one that has the most to offer your breeding program and/or has the most show potential.

And P.S. you might want to wait until they are 12+ weeks old, a lot can change between now and then.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RugbyKid

Keep the one that has the most to offer your breeding program and/or has the most show potential.

And P.S. you might want to wait until they are 12+ weeks old, a lot can change between now and then.
Yes you are right I know they will change a lot. But unfortunately I have to let people start to reserve actual kittens eventually so I need to know which one not to offer. I will wait untill they are about 6 weeks before pricing and letting those with deposits reserve thier kittens, I don't think I can hold them off much longer then that though.
The kittens will not leave here untill they are 12 weeks old but they will have already been reserved and I can't change my mind on the kitten im going to keep after that.