Which laundry detergent do you use?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I recently read an article that said Tide and Persil are the most effective laundry detergents. I had never heard of Persil before.

I normally use All or Tide Free and Clear due to asthma and allergies. I was in the store and saw Persil fragrance free sensitive skin formula. I bought it. So far I'm pleased with it. I think it rinses better and leaves less of a residue.

What laundry detergent do you use?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woolite Dark for dark colored clothes. Woolite Delicates for anything that needs to be hand washed. I'm currently using one of Wegman's store brand of detergent for everything else. Once that is used up, I have Woolite Gentle Cycle to use. I get the huge bottles of Woolite from BJs and usually only have 2 loads to wash weekly so I don't need to buy detergent often.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Tide Pods, Spring Meadow scent or Free and Clear. I'll use Gain Flings (Moonlight Breeze) if they're on sale for less than Tide.

I also have a bottle of Persil for really dirty or smelly stuff---it's powerful! Back when it first came out they were offering a lot of coupons and sales and that's when I bought it, still haven't used it all. I don't really like the scent so if I buy more in the future I'll get the fragrance-free kind.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get the non HE Tide. I honestly don't love it because I don't kbow if I'm just washing on the wrong setting but it never seems to get out sweat stains.

Now soaking in oxy clean - that works! But maybe I'll look into Persil.

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We like Arm & Hammer unsented for the washer, and I like Woolite for handwashing delicates.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I switched to Persil pods well over a month ago, I used Tide liquid before that. I know now that I was using too much liquid detergent. This canister of pods is a little over half empty now and my clothes are still clean. Actually they are probably cleaner then when I was using the liquid because using too much detergent causes a buildup of soap residue.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that's why I like the pods. Perfect portioning, no dripping, and all that. They cost a little more but not a lot and it's not as though I do 5 loads a day so it doesn't make any difference in my budget.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tide HE Free and Clear Ultra. It gets out most stains and doesnt aggravate my skin.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get the non HE Tide. I honestly don't love it because I don't kbow if I'm just washing on the wrong setting but it never seems to get out sweat stains.
Same here and it doesn't get out stains at all. I'll have to try the Persil.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Perfume/dye free Tide in the white bottle.
I use unscented Downy, also white bottle. I also use some Oxyclean with my white socks.

AbbysMom AbbysMom i am glad you post this. I was wondering about the Persil.

I used to use regular Tide. It became a bit too expensive for me. For a while I was using Arm & Hammer, for some reason I switched to the allergy free, in the white bottle. This did not work out. I began itching from it.

Went back to Tide, in the white bottle— no problems.

I send out my towels and bed linens. They are washed in Tide fee and clear, along with the allergy free, white bottle of Downy.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Dreft for smalls and Tide for everything else, Suvetil Liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets. My helper talked me into
buying Bounce Fragrance Free dryer sheets, (I have sensitive skin and I'd been itching badly). Very interestingly, I itched
badly from them. I use Gain Fireworks beads, Wildflower and Lily, I think that's the scent, on throws I have in the living room,
and some of the ones I use that don't touch my body. I may try try Persil since I've read all the posts.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dryer sheets contain a bunch of chemicals that may irritate sensitive skin, even the fragrance free / sensitive skin ones. I use unsecnted wool dryer balls (bonus: they double as cat toys when one tumbles out from between clothes). I had plastic nubby ones first but didn't like how noisily they bounced around inside the dryer.

Anyways, if you use pod detergents remember to store them out of reach of kids and pets:agree:

Does anyone still use powdered detergents? Do they even work with HE machines?:think: I have a front loading one and the dispenser cup has a liquid fill line for detergent. Just curious:)