Where do your cats sleep?

olivia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
During the day, Tabby sleeps all over the place. But once it's bedtime for everyone, she sleep with my mom all cozied up.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle and Delilah sleep wherever they want. Usually they start out in the living room...Delilah in the cat bed or on the cat tree, and Belle in her basket. Belle usually comes and hogs the bed at some point during the night (for a small kitten, she sure seems to take up a lot of space!) and Delilah joins us early in the morning. If we accidentally leave the bedroom closet open, Delilah likes to sleep on the top shelf on top of the clothes...or in a laundry basket.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since my 3 are still kittens we keep them in the office, their "bedroom" for now, overnight. When they get old enough we'll let them have free reign of the house at night, except for our bedroom and bathroom. Hubby doesn't like the idea of kitties interrupting our alone time!
When will they be old enough? I'm not sure...right now they are still small enough to squeeze under the 2-3 inch gap under all of our internal doors, so we have to put cardboard on doors to any room we want to keep off limits! So it will probably be after they get big enough not to crawl under our door!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mitzi is free to roam all over the house, but generally she likes to sleep...

On my bed
on my mom and dad's bed
in her basket
behind the printer
on the window ledge
on the rabbit hutch
on the garden bench
in the middle of the floor
behind the curtains
on the sofa
in the bushes and plants in the garden
under the car
next to the bath
next to the airing cupboard
at the top of the stairs
on my head
on my belly
on my back
on my feet

and she occasionally sits in the sink

miso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new (and very first) kitty Miso definitely sleeps anywhere during the day, we joke that she's narcoleptic because she will be playing... then suddenly doze off for a bit in a random spot, like in the middle of the floor. Whenever I'm on the computer, she's sleeping on the computer desk (like right now) Nighttime though she always sleeps on my pillow, right above my head, or on my boyfriend's pillow, curled around his head. She seems to prefer his pillow because it's not so firm...

generic war

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mecha sleeps where ever she pleases.
when we were sleeping out in the loungeroom she'd sleep the single lounge next to the fold out bed (even had a blankie on it) but since we've moved into the bedroom it's either on the bed, under the bedroom in her scratching post.
she's only allowed to sleep in whichever room we're asleep in as she gets up at 3 - 4 am and if she had free run of the flat she would drive me even crazier with the things she'd get into

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mitzy generally sleeps as close to where I am as he can possibly get. At night this is generally on my stomach on the sofa, or else when I'm sleeping he sleeps on my pillow so close to my face that I actually have my nose burried in his fur or else whiskers in my ear/up my nose :p

My boyfriends cat has also claimed his bed.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We stopped allowing the cats in our bedroom when we still had Jasmine living with us because every time she went in there she'd try an pee on the bed. After we took her back to my mom's house (she's doing awesome there - has not gone outside of the litter once! she was doing it here because she wasn't happy and missed her grandma we think)

Anyways, so since we stopped allowing them in our bedroom when Jasmine was here, we never did let them back in even now that she's not here. We just let the dogs in there with us at night. The cats have run of most of the house.

The laundry room is their "bedroom"- complete with kitty beds, a cat tree, dining area, and litter pans.

The are also allowed in the kitchen, living room, dining room, and hallway by the back bedroom.

We have a split floor plan to our house- so half of the bedrooms are one one side behind a hallway door in the kitchen and our master bedroom and nursrey are on the other side of the house. None of the animals are allowed in the back bedrooms- we want to keep those pet free for when we have company with allergies over (also less fur to clean up!)
No pets are allowed in our master bathroom or the office/nursery eithor- We're about to move all of dh's stuff out of that room soon (finishing the attic for him!) and that room is going to be a nursary- so we want it as fur free as possible. The only room the dogs are allowed in that the cats aren't is our bedroom- that's because they sleep with us. The cats sleep in the living room usually on the couch, so they've got their own space in there

alicenwonderlnd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well, i have two cats but heidi is more of my boyfriend's cat. she usually either sleeps on top of the couch or on the computer chair which is nice and cushiony. but MY cat alice, she usually sleeps with me in my bed or on the top bunk unless I leave my door open and shes not there in the morning lol she usually goes into the living room or downstairs with my boyfriend

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny can sleep wherever he pleases, however he will NOT sleep in the expensive cat bed that I bought him. He doesn't like to sleep on anything made out of material - he prefers hard surfaces. At night he sleeps on my nightstand and during the day he's happy to sleep wherever my DBF or I have left our shoes. We tried to get him to sleep with us, but since we don't sleep on a cold, hard surface - he's not interested.

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kaeli and Abbey sleep wherever they want, usually at night its in bed with me. DH doesnt appreciate that quite as much as I do, he mumbles something about wanting to have his side of the bed back.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine sleep wherever they please. During the day, they'll sleep various places, sofa, our bed, spare bed, behind the drapes, on the side of the bed, etc. At night they often sleep in our room, sometimes Swanie will sleep on the dresser, sometimes on the floor on DH's dirty clothes pile, or on our bed. Cindy will sleep on the floor next to the bed, in the hallway by the stairs, or on our bed. This morning Swanie decided to get on our bed. So, he started up around my waist trying to find a solid enough surface that he could get to the middle between DH and I. He finally found one down around my knees (I was on my side). That was loads of fun (he is a BIG boy). Then about half an hour later, he came up behind my head on my pillow, and started messing in my hair like he does sometimes.

I've found they sleep on our bed more often in the winter than in the summer. Sometimes I would wake up with Cindy sleeping on my side. Fortunately, she's a petite little sweeting.

mattie-n-myrah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
During the day Mattie sleeps mostly in my sister's room--her bed or cat jungle.

Myrah sleeps where ever I am. On the couch, on the floor right next to my feet, on my bed at night... On my head (she love's hair--that a good thing because my hair is almost down to my hips
). Mom's always afraid though that she will take my breath sleeping on my head!
LOL

pawlets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have just registered and the first message read was from Thread. I have always owned a cat and at present I have Darcy,a chocolate Burmese. His attitude is that he sleeps where he likes. Usually it is on my bed but if he is annoyed with me I get the cold shoulder and I find him in the washing basket.

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
During the day, she sleeps under my computer chair ; and during the night, she sleeps on my bed.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tucked up against my back, under the bed, or on his kitty gym in front of the window (usually on top of it, on his back, sprawled out most indecently.
)

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine have free run of the house day and night. Before we got Mittens i used to lock Monster upstairs with me at night, since i was worried hed get out while i was sleeping (because it had already happened). they sleep where ever they want, but they have "spots" where you know they will most likely be. like Monster, he has a spot in the kitchen window, my bfs moms room, or in her spot on the bed & in the bottom hole of the cat jungle gym that we have. You can usually find Mittens in the bathroom window, or anywhere in the bathroom for that matter, its her favorite room for some reason. other than that, she can usually be found sleeping at the foot of my bfs moms bed. They both also love sleeping under the bird cages. at night, they both sleep in the bed with my bfs parents.

However, sometimes Monster just plops & rolls onto his back in random places, such as the middle of the living room floor..

ashro

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They both sleep on my bed or under the bed when there's a lot of people over