Where do these people come from?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This came up in Fur Pics, but I just want to know how anyone can take a pet, even if it's a pet they don't particularly like, and just throw it out of a moving car, or just dump it somewhere???
There was a clip on our news last night about how a man threw a puppy out of a moving car near here. The man behind it saw it and was able to grab the poor darling. He then followed the man and confronted him about it. The guy just said his mother had gotten the puppy and it was keeping him awake crying/barking, etc.

It's now with a police dept around here and is possibly going to be raised to hunt down idiots like this and throw THEM out of a moving car! The police dept adopted it. I'm telling you guys, this type thing infuriates me so badly!! I can't even imagine doing such a cruel, heartless thing as that. Where were these people raised?

Ok, I ranted......thanks for letting me vent!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel exactly the same way! I am glad the puppy found a good home. It will have a lot og people love it withing the police department!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me too! It just makes me sick! about a yr ago, they found a dog that someone set on fire.... and the news crews took to the story so much to see to it that the stray dog was adopted out... they put him on tv everytime the news came on, asking for donations for his vet bills, and anyone that would like to adopt him had to send their info to the SPCA that was caring for him. It was so sad.... because he was burned very badly, but you could see on tv that he was so greatful just to have people feeding him & petting him.... it broke my heart. The only thing that I can think of is the cycle of abuse...

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People really make me mad sometimes. There was a story in the news a few years ago about some people that found a black kitten around Halloween, and so they poured gasoline on it, set it on fire, and threw it into a ditch. I really can't stand people who do stuff like that.. it's beyond cruel..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a firm believer in, an eye for an eye........so they should have gas poured on them and set fire!

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear, sometimes I just hate people. It makes me so mad and so sad at the same time, I want to punch someone and then have a good cry.

Bless that other man who stopped and rescued the pup off the road. Some people would have said, "Gee, that's awful," and just driven on by.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

I swear, sometimes I just hate people. It makes me so mad and so sad at the same time, I want to punch someone and then have a good cry.

Bless that other man who stopped and rescued the pup off the road. Some people would have said, "Gee, that's awful," and just driven on by.
Oh, I'd have to stop.........I just couldn't let that poor little honey suffer.....

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i actually get physically
when i hear these stories. I dont understand how people can be so ignorant and cruel. This is one of the things that pop into my head when im settling down for the night... i always think that some where there is some poor defenseless animal being tortured by a human it thought and was supposed to be able to trust. and i look at my own two fur babies and think thank god they are safe with me. The same goes for Human child abuse...it makes me sick to think of the things people do to their own children...starving them beating them sexual abuse they all deserve to be taken out back and shot.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that there needs to be tougher penalties for animal abusers, they're trying to pass a law in NY that says that is someone is convicted of animal abuse they have to submit their DNA for records, cause people who will abuse an animal usually have no problem hurting a human too
I'm with you Susie, how were these people raised??????

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in middle school I had a crush on a boy and we started "dating" (you know, sitting together at lunch barely talking) until he told me he liked to light cats' tails on fire with gasoline in his garage. I never really talked to him again. He got psychiatric medicine a couple years later, hopefully that helped him...

I think he might have been lying, but even so, that's the sickest thing I ever heard come out of anyone's mouth. I puked in the bathroom later, wondering how I could have had a crush on someone like that.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not saying this would be true in every circumstance, but you have to wonder if these people that abuse and torture, or just plain throw their animals away, where abused as children...........I mean, abuse is a vicious cycle..........but good Lord, I just don't understand how people can be mean or cruel.........it just isn't in me.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is redirected anger. When my BIL's ex thought I had feelings for my BIL she took my cat and did horrible things to her.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is horrible..but think like this: If it weren't for these stupid people half of us wouldn't have the loving adoring cats we have now.

I know I definitely wouldn't of taken in Luna if someone hadn't thrown her in the trash bin on the way out of the county fair 2 years ago.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Stormysmom

Humans make me sick sometimes. ugh

(some) People are just plain stupid-
and sick!! I have never in my LIFE understood how anyone can be that cruel to an animal? Its like d'oh, what do you think shelters are for?? Arggh.....I better stop now, while Im ahead!!