Where did you get your kitties?

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snickers: a stray I found in my garage 16 years ago. He had a broken foot that had regrown into the 'broken' position. He is my first & favorite furbaby!

Dusty: adopted from the pound, to keep Snickers company; because after he got all-healed up, he was one NUTTY cat!

Miss Jessie: adopted from the pound. She was a kitten. We just wanted to adopt.

Miss KC: another stray! "Couldn't say no"

Zorro: Given to me by someone who didn't want him anymore. Said he was "too playful".

Hammie: adopted from the Humane Society. I had a mouse problem; a big one! The other cats were not hunters. Along comes Hammie; no more mice. Ever.

Skippy and Tiger: came to me by way of my husband... he took them in as cast-offs from his ex (she casts of cats by the dozen, she is sort of stupid), and when I met him they were around 1 yr old.

All of my cats are um... what do you call it... just domestic shorthair? None special breed, but we believe Snickers to be part Maine Coone and Dusty to be some type of "toy" or pigmy. She so-tiny.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

DH & I stopped at his friends house and found this Tuxedo kitty hugging a tree. When he jumped down these young boys were taunting him. He hurt the one kid and his friends egged him on to do something. We were in the car watching and I immediately jumped out to stop the kid. Benson followed us to our friends house and then into our car
I will never understand children like this.

minnow captain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted Skipper & Gilligan from a rescue group - King Street Cats. We went in just to meet the cats (no intention of adopting that day), but Gilligan latched on to me and I fell in love. Then we found out about his brother, Skipper, who was very antisocial and hiding - wouldn't come out. We couldn't separate them, so we adopted them both and took them home that day.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo: Chicago Anti-Cruelty Society
Gracie: Felines, Inc.
Raphael: Tree House Animal Foundation (where I worked!)
Lola: Tree House Animal Foundation

One traditional shelter, the others were from 2 rescues with self-contained facilities.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minnow Captain

We adopted Skipper & Gilligan from a rescue group - King Street Cats. We went in just to meet the cats (no intention of adopting that day), but Gilligan latched on to me and I fell in love. Then we found out about his brother, Skipper, who was very antisocial and hiding - wouldn't come out. We couldn't separate them, so we adopted them both and took them home that day.
That's a great story
Love their names
Since you have a theme going, you'll be able to get the whole "crew"

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bentley-shelter
Jenny-shelter
Cesar-found me after my neighbor was arrested and no one came back for him
zoey-shelter
Nuit-craigslist (as was Rocky the bunny)

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Persians came from a friend who breeds. Something was either wrong with them or they were retired (and free! LOL)

Everyone else is either feral or stray.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both sugar and spice came from petsmart via the animal care and control centre here in town. Was hoping to get spice, but when I saw sugar (her sister), I felt the need to keep them together. The rest is history.