When is Roxy due!!!

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's normal for them to start opening their eyes around a week old! Seven to ten days is the norm.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some take 2 weeks. Both eyes do not necessarily open together. Never force the eyes open though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some take 2 weeks. Both eyes do not necessarily open together. Never force the eyes open though.
Oh I would never force that, I'd be too scared to hurt them. I was just wondering if it was normal to happen at 7 days! My little guys are growing up so fast, it amazes me !

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One of my kittens had his eyes open at 5 days! Short-haired cats open their eyes earlier than long-haired cats.

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's crazy how fast they grow! One of the kittens has its eyes open, one is constantly purring, one likes to feed laying on top of the others.. I'm like in love with every single one of them. Now I want a farm house so I can just keep all 5 of them!! But at least I'll have them either with friends or family and then mommy is getting spayed so we don't have to put her through all of this again.. Even though she is a great mommy. Seeing her in labour made me feel awful about not having her spayed earlier and I also want to encourage people to adopt from shelters Instead of not fixing their cats. Every kitty in shelters deserve a home.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I always say, God gave us humans cats and dogs to be our pets, our partners, not to be feral, strays or in shelters, but to be loved!!

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any alternatives to non-clumping litter for the kittens? I can't seem to find any.. Not even at petstores. It's frustrating a bit. Can I use shredded paper?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can use sandbox sand, which can be purchased in bags at stores like Home Depot. I'm not a fan of paper. It's messy, and they can't "dig" as well.

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very true.. It won't teach them to use the litter.. I couldn't believe it when I was told they stopped selling non-clumping litter at my petstore.. You'd think they would always carry such item

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Mommy needed a break so kittens decided I was good to nap on.. All 5 of them :) thought I'd share the cuteness

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, my gosh! That is adorable! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal that Roxy prefers one of her kittens? Anytime I go to let Roxy out of the room she has this exact same kitten with her. Then whenever I am sitting on the couch or in the kitchen, she will bring the kitten where I am and let it walk around... she only does that with this female kitten..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cats can have favorites. My cat had 3 males and one female. She's always favored her daughter. It's a year later and they are still always together. I kept all of them, and she likes her sons too, but adores her daughter.

You may want to keep mom and daughter together for life. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's funny because she's the kitten we planned on keeping from the start and now Roxy has come to prefer her ahah.