When is Roxy due!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So one of the kittens passed during the night. He was always left to the side whenever we checked on him and even tho he was gaining weight he was always complaining. It's really sad and I figured that he would be fine as he was gaining weight and fed on Roxy a lot. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. We think Roxy had been trying to separate him from the litter since day one.. That's why she moved the nest without taking him to the new one.. Looks like she laid on him... We trying to do CPR on him but nothing worked :(

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry about the one who passed. Mom likely sensed that he had a problem. It happens. Are the others latching and feeding well?

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of the kittens except for one have had huge weight gains in the past 5 days.. We are concentrating bottle feeding on the smallest little guy but he looks healthy and feeds from Roxy as much as the others. We honestly think Roxy knew the little guy wouldn't make it and explains why he was always apart from the litter anytime we checked on them. We did put him with Roxy every time but I guess our efforts to save it didn't work. Our poor son had to see a dead kitten be taken out of his closet right before school, he Is was so upset. Wish we could of done more for him

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about that little one.  Just remember, these things happen, it's "Nature's way", there is nothing you could have done or should have done.  Mama knew. 

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry about that little one.  Just remember, these things happen, it's "Nature's way", there is nothing you could have done or should have done.  Mama knew. 
For some reason I thought that at 5 days they would be okay and make it, but you right.. Roxy knew he wasn't doing well and didn't want it to affect her other healthy kittens

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right, "Nature's way, only the strongest survive", in the animal world. 

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal that she would try and move her kittens after one passed? She's acting really upset and either she wants to move them or she is coming to see me and letting them sleep

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is her nest set up now? She may not be totally comfortable.

Last edited:

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well it was in our sons closet but she just moved all of them behind a big chair

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's not uncommon for cats to move their kittens 2-3 times during the early days. She may be feeling anxiety due to the missing baby. Their protective instincts push them to move the nest. Just see that she's feeling comfortable, and in a quiet, low-traffic area. Sounds like she's looking to you for reassurance.

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She kept them in my sons room they are now behind a game chair, less accessible. Roxy was growling anytime she heard her babies crying this morning but now they are all cuddled up and happy. She seems less anxious now and she just came down to say hi and ran back upstairs

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww that's so cute! I'm sorry about the little one two days ago :(

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens has already opened one eye.. I thought it didn't happen until like 3 weeks old ? Is it okay for it to have one eye open ?

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are a week old today