When Is My Pregnant Cat Due?

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have a 2 1/2 year old cat named Layla. I am pretty sure she is pregnant. She is not spayed, I let her outside at around the beginning of December. I have seen many male cats with her and in my neighborhood. She has become more affectionate and her stomach is very round. She sleeps all day. Her nipples are also bigger and a bright pink color. She has been eating a bit more than usual. She sometimes sits in different corners of my room, does that mean she is starting nesting? 2 days ago I felt a kick in her stomach but I haven't seen that much movement. I think she has 2 weeks left but I'm not sure. Can anyone give me an estimate of when you think she will have the babies. I am going to spay her a few weeks after the babies are born. Here are some recent pictures of her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was she only allowed out once/a few times, or did you let her out regularly after that? Well, either way, she probably got pregnant the first time anyway. Cats are pregnant for about 9 weeks (64-67 days). So if she got pregnant on Dec 5th, we'll say, she should be due about. . .Feb 7th-10th or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She also has what seems to be dried milk/white scabs on the tips of most of her nipples.

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was she only allowed out once/a few times, or did you let her out regularly after that? Well, either way, she probably got pregnant the first time anyway. Cats are pregnant for about 9 weeks (64-67 days). So if she got pregnant on Dec 5th, we'll say, she should be due about. . .Feb 7th-10th or so.
I started letting her out regularly around that time period. Thanks for your reply!

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When you first start seeing and feeling kicks (which you said you did) then that usually indicates 2 weeks until birth. It sounds like you are correct and will have around 2 weeks until she has her babies.

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you!

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you first start seeing and feeling kicks (which you said you did) then that usually indicates 2 weeks until birth. It sounds like you are correct and will have around 2 weeks until she has her babies.
Ok thank you!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure to keep her inside from now on until she's spayed. You don't want her to go into labor and give birth outside. And she can get pregnant again very soon after giving birth, also you don't want to risk an accident orphaning the babies.

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Be sure to keep her inside from now on until she's spayed. You don't want her to go into labor and give birth outside. And she can get pregnant again very soon after giving birth, also you don't want to risk an accident orphaning the babies.
Yes, she has been inside with me for a couple of weeks and I will keep her and the babies inside until she is spayed.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you need help finding a low cost spay clinic near you? If you give us your city and state we can help!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is not very big, if she is that close she will have only one or two kittens. Unless she didn't get pregnant fro a while and still has time to grow! Good luck, keep us posted!

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is not very big, if she is that close she will have only one or two kittens. Unless she didn't get pregnant fro a while and still has time to grow! Good luck, keep us posted!
Yeah she is a pretty small cat. Thank you! I will keep posting!

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture I took of her yesterday
WIN_20180131_20_40_33_Pro.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's definitely pregnant! LOL! Mine looked like a bowling ball with toothpicks for legs, she had seven kittens, I didn't think she was ever going to stop! Your little girl has beautiful coloring.

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's definitely pregnant! LOL! Mine looked like a bowling ball with toothpicks for legs, she had seven kittens, I didn't think she was ever going to stop! Your little girl has beautiful coloring.
Hahahahaha thank you!

alexaelyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've noticed today that she looks a little bit skinnier. I definitely still see some roundness though. I searched it up and it says that the kittens may be "lining up". Is that what's happening?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! That is usually what is referred to as "dropping". The kittens go lower into the birthing canal and it makes the cat look smaller! Could be another day or two!