What's your pet's FAVORITE toy?

mikeyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Julius LOVES twisty-ties - you know, those wire things you use to tie-up plastic bags at the supermarket. It made us a bit worried, though, that he might accidently chew off a small part and swallows it, so we switched to those plastic rings that you peel off of milk cartons caps. He doesn't like them AS much, but still bats them and chases them around the house all day!

A close second (if not a tie), would be the bubble wrap - and ONLY the big ones. He's not fond of the little bubbles. Doesn't pop'em though - he just like to bat it around and wrestle with it. Guess he likes the sound it makes.

-Mike

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emily LOVES anything shiny, like aluminum foil balls! You should see the way she stares when I open a candy bar, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Emily LOVES anything shiny, like aluminum foil balls! You should see the way she stares when I open a candy bar, lol.
Oh yeah - Julius loves aluminum wrappers too, but I think that has more to do with the sound it makes when he plays with it.

-Mike

P.S. Julius is sitting on my lap, and reading this post as I'm typing. I don't think he can read English, though, so he's probably just faking it...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna - real-fur mice, soda bottle caps
Patches - anything string.
Beauty - milk jug rings
Whitey - anything that moves!

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a Cat Dancer after reading about them in the "Think Like a Cat" book and all three of mine simply can't get enough of it.

Which doesn't make the least bit of sense because it is just a wire with some tubular cardboard thingies on the end of it. But the springiness of the wire just fascinates them and it beats anything you've ever seen to watch them. You can hold it to play interactively with them or attatch it to anything and they still play with it for hours.
Literally... hours.

My cats highly recommend it!

marc_5947

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats like any bag or box that I put on the floor. They especially like the Styrofoam popcorn that is usually in the larger boxes. They make a HUGE mess with those!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill

I got a Cat Dancer after reading about them in the "Think Like a Cat" book and all three of mine simply can't get enough of it.

Which doesn't make the least bit of sense because it is just a wire with some tubular cardboard thingies on the end of it. But the springiness of the wire just fascinates them and it beats anything you've ever seen to watch them. You can hold it to play interactively with them or attatch it to anything and they still play with it for hours.
Literally... hours.

My cats highly recommend it!
Awesome - I've seen it at a friend's house for his cat, and he LOVED those. I just couldn't remember what it's called - gonna pickup some for Julius. ...provided he gets better from his liver thingie.
(See my other thread, if you want the full scoop)

-Mike

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
1.you know this twisted brown paper cords that are on some shopping bags? (not the braided cloth ones) Abi loves those but buying those bags is expensive so I purchased a whole reel of the stuff online and cut off about 8-10 inches, double knot it and she chases and tosses and chews on them until they are a soggy mess.

2. brown paper bags

3. Any teaser ribboned thing on a cord attached to a dowel. the more i shake and swing it the happier she gets

4. her crinkle play tunnel. she loves to go in there while I scratch the outside.

5. a sheer pink and white cotton scarf. I knotted each end, drape her in it and sing "Where's Abi? " she waits for a while and then pounces out and I act surprised. then she sits and waits for me to do it again. just like a toddler. What a kick.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Trout loves foam balls..she loves how they bounce when she chases them!!
Pixel & Chip both like these, too - Pixel also likes the 'footballs' i make for her from paper towels or kleenex. Java likes anything with fur or feathers on it. Cable likes things that skitter easily - icecubes are one of her faves [cheap, too!]

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simon loves Q-tips
he will dig them out of the garbage and he has on occasion manged to open the container they're in, he really likes them
Sapphire likes anything that can be pushed, especially things that she is not supposed to be messing with
The kits Antigone and Pandora go beserk for Da Bird and the fuzzy mice and Antigone has taken a liking to one of my shoes, apparently its a good wrestling partner

tigeramy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Toby loves cardboard toilet paper and papertowel rolls, laser and this ridiculous jingle toy on a spring that we got free from PETCO when we adopted him

Max loves it when I tear up strips of cardboard, ribbon, laser and twistee ties which he is NOT allowed to have but he somehow always finds

They both also LOVE pens and pencils and anything else that rolls on the ground, and BUGs especially ones that run fast...that sounds gross but its true

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quill loves his purple catnip mouse ... or whats left of it!
Every so often I'll come across a little puff of cotton and know it's being shredded to pieces. He carries it in his mouth all the time and plays fetch with me. It seems every month I'll have to get him a replacement mouse.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, Hobbes' favorite toys are the ones he can't have, because he growls at his sister when he plays with them. BUT...his favorites are basically anything foil and anything that has real animal smell on it, like something with feathers or real fur on it. I always know if he's found one of those two things because I hear growling. Oh, Hobbes also likes my daughter's piggy-tail holders that are made of a looser cotton (I'll see if I can find a pic of one).

Sunny loves to play with my daughter's stuffed animals. I always come home to at least one or two in the livingroom.

reagant999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats will play with the cat dancer for hours. They love putting one end of it in their mouth and chasing the other end. As the toy is an arch shape, they run in circles to catch it. I have never seen my cats stop a play session with the Cat Dancer.

They also love the foam balls and love when I purchase soda or beer in a 24 pack as the box provides loads of fun. One goes inside and the other plays from the outside.

What I have discovered with my cats, the less money spent on a "toy," the more fun they have with it. Free items are their favorites except for the Cat Dancer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles' most favorite toy is without a doubt the Cat Dancer. Mooch won't go near it. She just sits as far away as she can and watches Noodles act like a nut.

Mooch loves little mice and milk jug rings. It's a toss up for which is her favorite.

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lukas's favorite is defininetly the Cat Dancer-we always have several on hand & in every part of the house-has been his since kittenhood ( & he's 14 yrs. old) can't count how many we've gone thru-

By the way guy who invented the Cat Dancer made millions the first year in was available

3babiesandme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is this catdancer? Where do we find one? I think that is something that my kiddos might like.

Midnight likes to play with string and paper around the house. We bought her toys but she wont play with them. The love of her life is plastic bags.

Pinkey loves to play with this furry whip thing with feathers on the end. She loves to watch it dance. She also loves to play with balls. Any type just to bat around the house.

Daisy loves to play with everything from my hair to whatever she can find on the ground(she is only 9 weeks)