What's your pet's FAVORITE toy?

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I came home one day to discover that my female cat had played with one of my nylons (knee high one). So I rolled the nylon, starting with the foot part, and made a ball with it, closing it with the open end of the knee. She will only play with these, as I have made some more. She just go nuts when I throw them and will bring them back to me repeatedly to have me throw it again at the other side of the flat!
N.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I have two that love rolled up kneehighs. They walk around the house with it in their mouth and Merrooww, merrooww! And then usually bat it under a door somewhere, so when you step on it you don't know WHAT soft, squishy thing is under your toes!
Mine too! I got bright colored ones so it didn't look like I had just left my kneehighs all over the house!
Haven't tried fetch though, hmmm...

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oz's favourite toy in the whole wide world is a bundled-up pair of soft, fluffy chenille (I think? it's like a very soft woolly-cotton, very warm and snuggly) socks. Since they're expensive (as socks go -- $10 a pair), I try to discourage him from playing with them, but my boyfriend thinks it's hilarious to give my socks to our cat, so Oz is getting some seriously mixed signals. In the end, when one of my socks was lost at the laundromat, I ended up filling the remaining one with catnip and just giving him the thing! I was very popular that day ...

Spike's favourite toy is ...
Dr. Bashir, from Star Trek: DS9. Back in my geeky high school days (which I'm still living, apparently, more than a decade later ...
), I had a crush on Dr Bashir and bought one of those collectible toys, but I had no appreciation for what "collectible" meant and took it out of the box. All the extra bits have been lost, including the stand and the box itself, so it has no real value any more. Anyway, I was unpacking some things from my parents' house and Dr Bashir happened to be packed in with my comic books; I looked away for one instant, and the next thing I knew, Spike was walking around the living room carrying Dr Bashir in his mouth. He's only allowed to play with the good doctor while I'm around to supervise, however, because I don't want him chewing off a hand or a foot and then swallowing it (it's non-toxic, at least). Mostly, he just likes carrying the action figure around, like he's a mighty lion and this is his prey. I seriously need to get a picture of this ...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Mostly, he just likes carrying the action figure around, like he's a mighty lion and this is his prey. I seriously need to get a picture of this ...
i think i would actually pay for a pic of this!

kg&sc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted two 9-week old kittens (Astrix and Dash) and so we bought a large assortment of kitten toys. Their favorite is Da Bird -- they go absolutely nuts for it! The close runner up would be these bouncy soccer balls from Petco. But if you haven't bought Da Bird yet, it's worth it!

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats love these toys that look like ferrets and are made out of rabbits fur (the package said the rabbit fur came from overseas where the rabbit was consumed for food) /they both love this toy and the will lick it for long periods of time.

shadow_kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shadow likes a dress maker messaring tape. its just like a long thin strip of plastic that she goes crazy for, she also loves shoe strings, and twist ties.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a kitty that goes crazy for a shopping bag? I mean the plastic ones you get at the grocery store... She played with this for hours last night. I think she likes the sound it makes... she was sneaking up on the bag, and my husband moved it just an inch as she got close...she jumped like 4 feet in the air!
It was so funny!!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenom loves her little craft balls, her feather wand, her mousey go round(like the thing with the ball in it except its a mouse), and her purpaw and meowmie!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see if I play with them the love the cat dancer or Da'Bird. ON their own it depends on which cat. Jordan loves the fuzzy mice that rattle & have feathers for tails, Isaac & Maggie both love the sparkle balls, Levi doesn't play much (because the others won't let him
) but when he does it's usually the fuzzy mice, but he loves his Kitty Kong too.

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My female cat just adores to chase her small balls made of a... ankle nylon! She goes nuts when I throw those, and she fetches them for me. very funny. She will also play with those small mice heavier at the bottom that make them swing on the floor. Hilarious!

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sebastian loves his cotton balls, hair ties and his feather wand toy that I play with him with....he is just a crazy kitty

shrekfx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its a lady bug toy that we got from a toy that has like 5 toys on sticks and strings on a base that spins.. This is the only part of that she plays with, so we through the rest away, kept the lady bug, had it for 2 years then
i stepped on the bug and smashed it... so today, we bought another one.. hehe and a window pirch for her.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite toys change periodically. Lately it's a piece of black electrical tape tied on to the end of a wand and string.

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mica's favourite is this ridiculous pink ribbon that I got on a perfume basket. She carries it everywhere (to bed even) and the thing is ratched, but she won't give it up. When she wants me to play she drops it in front of me and pats it with her paw

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

There's nothing quite like stepping on a well loved one of those in the middle of the night
!
OR picking it up with your toes in the DARK! Scared the HECK out of me!

Then when I bent down to see what it was it scared me again!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panther goes NUTS over Da Bird, and Missy too! Ben will only play with it if he is away from the rest as he is TOO macho to play! LOL!

Kotton loves it too but ONLY when we are alone as Panther WILL take it from her!

BTW to those of you whose cats play with Da Bird, have you noticed it getting tangled? My one flys for a couple of times and then the string gets kinked and it turns back on itself and ends up with the feather right next to the wand.

I USED to get a year with it and only got new cause I could not figure out what else to give Ben as a gift but NOW----!

misskitty4088

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything they can get their paws on. Socks, bras, and underwear. It's very embarassing when you have company and they come out with your underwear over their heads. Fluffy loved da bird when she was younger. She ripped all the feathers off in a matter of hours. My boys Coco and Curly love bottle caps and the ziplock plastic bowls. It's pretty amusing to watch Coco try to carry around a big plasic bowl in his mouth. They also love laser pointers and jingle balls.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girlies adore their little puff balls with which their regularly supplied by a friend ours. Serenity adores her flutterballs, an Sierra's favorite toy is Stringy, which is simple an elastic sort of string that remained on its pole after the toy was chewed off. She'll chase it all over the place!
Of cource, the Cat Dancer can't be beat! Both will settle just fine with the ring of the water bottle, drinking straws, walnuts, etc!