What's your pet peeve?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Hey Ryan! I just looked at your profile, and I didn't know you were a game designer! That's cool, because my brother just graduated from FullSail! He's an enviromental artist! That's neat!
That's good. I've heard of that school.
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Hmmm...I really hate it when people have really terrible grammar. I also hate it when people are perpetually late. Most of all, I hate it when people fail to take responsibility ofr things and then make up all sorts of lame excuses as to why they couldn't follow through!

My roommate drives me completely crazy, but she's gone from simple pet peeve to a reason worthy of breaking my lease...
Wow! She must have the worst grammar ever!

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't stand people who come to my door to sell things.......especially BEFORE 10:00 AM!!!!!

What I can't stand more than that is one who comes to my door on a HOLIDAY OF ALL DAYS AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING TO SELL ME CHILDRENS BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!
That happened this morning!!!

Can you believe that??? 7:30 AM on the 4th of JULY!! Who said I had children to begin with? And he's been here twice before but I wouldn't answer the door b/c I was alone and I didn't know him!!!

I wanted to
!!!!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It annoys me to DEATH when my mom and her boyfriend are in her room talking, because all I can hear is the tone of his voice which is really kind of .... Grumbly and Husky I suppose, and then my mom talks back in this high pitched whiny, desperate, beggy voice and OMG I just want to go in there and start biting of their kneecaps to make them shut up O_O

I dont know why it bothers me so much, it just does.

I hate it when people stare at me also. I had a step sister (mom divorced step dad, thank god, them and their whole family were ... well a word I wont say
) She wouldnt stop staring at me.. she owuld just sit there and look at me for like a half hour and I just wanted to strangle her. O_O I hate it also when you go for a bike ride and the people stare at you when you go by... its like. Yes.. there's a fat person on a skinny bike. Get over it.

I hate it when people say "oh, um,, uh,,, um... er" alot when they speak, like in school when people had to give oral presentations........

there's probably more O_O

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you're walking through a mall, and these pesky salesman say,

"Hey! Come take a look at our cell phones deals! You get a free phone!"

"No thank-you."

"It's a great deal! You shouldn't pass it up! You get a free phone!"

"I already have one, no thanks."

"Need another?"

":::roll eyes:::: ::::walks away::::"

Anymore I just ignore them.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could be here all day

1) The bosses using the ladies toilet instead of the mens (cos our toilet is bigger ... )

2) Dropping toast that always lands butterside down

3) People on the tube with their ipods on so loud that you can hear word for word when all you want to do is sleep

4) Time of the month

5) People spitting in the street for no apparent reason

6) Queues at Marks & Spencer, exchanges & refunds section all the bleeping time

7) Being offered a store card when you get to the tills in nearly every single shop. Even when you say no, they still carry on trying to offer you a card... NO means NO!

8) Sitting here all day long getting a bum and back ache.... hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there jelly on your upside down toast?

Originally Posted by Gilly

Dropping toast that always lands butterside down

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pandybear

Awww damn, i say that

felicia
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Well, every now and then I say the first, but only if the cat falls off the bed, or something... nothing serious.
Regarding my peeve: People who say "cats always land on their feet" Let me clarify.
A guest at my house awhile back held Oliver in a way he doesn't like to be held. He struggled to get down and in the process fell and hit his little head on the coffee table.
His friend said "Cats always land on their feet, even if they fall from a 5 story building!"
(Oliver was ok, BTW. I made sure of that right away)

A cat who lives at a landscape nursery nearby got up under the roof and couldn't get down. The fire department was called and charged $250.00. People made comments like "Why not use a hose, cats always land on their feet anyways?"

I'm sure neither of you would mean it this way.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought of a couple more...

Solicitors who can't read. They come right on in even though there is CLEARLY a "No Soliciting" sign on the front door of the office. I don't know if they are just stupid or rude. My guess is actually stupid because at my last office, my bosses owned the building and allowed us to put a sign up that said "No Door-to-Door Sales" and it really did cut down the salesmen.

The other one is on the phone again. Gruff people who cannot form complete sentences. For example:

Me: "Good afternoon, The XX Group."
Caller: "Joe Schmoe"
Me: "I'm sorry, Joe is on another line. Would you like his..."
Caller: "Voicemail!"

Would it really take that much more of your infinitely valuable time to speak to me like I'm a human being?

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
pre teen (and some older teen) girls. scratch that... society. I can not stand it when girls brag about thongs. its not something specail. ITS UNDERWEAR!!!! Girls brag about how they show it off because the boys "lu lu lu love it" And how they let the boys snap the staps. 10 yr olds bragging about wearing thongs is not cool. Parents! dont let your little baby girl wear thongs!!!!

15 thats my opion 15 yrs old for thongs.

misskitty4088

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
People Who Are Late For Appointments Or Don't Even Bother To Show Up At All And Fail To Notify Me That They Won't Be There... It Just Wastes My Time

sadisticookie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaiDreamer

My pet pev is my Family.. They drive me freaking insane..
Same here!

My family, in a nutshell, just talks too much. All the time about everything from what happened at the grocery store to what they dreamed, what they ate, what they saw while driving down the road, they never run out of things to discuss and pick at ...ahhhhh they're all in bed and I'm still frustrated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drama Queens drive me up the wall...

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovejoelyo

pre teen (and some older teen) girls. scratch that... society. I can not stand it when girls brag about thongs. its not something specail. ITS UNDERWEAR!!!! Girls brag about how they show it off because the boys "lu lu lu love it" And how they let the boys snap the staps. 10 yr olds bragging about wearing thongs is not cool. Parents! dont let your little baby girl wear thongs!!!!

15 thats my opion 15 yrs old for thongs.
I know!!! it's disgusting. Even my 32-year-old friend wears pants that show her thong when she bends over, and I find myself wanting to gag. I mean - I do not WANT to see that, on anyone!

By the way - I'm guilting of not capitalizing my "i"s. I'm sorry, it's just faster that way. I type all day at work and my Word corrects all my "i"s and punctuation mistakes, so when I type in forums it's just a habit.....