What's your pet peeve?

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My OTHER "Peeve" is MORE than a peeve! I am angry! IN this last week TWO different people who had cat HATING dogs AND innocent cats have had their cats attacked and killed by their dogs! WHY do they have cats if their dogs will kill them or WHY do they have the blasted dogs?! Makes me so angry (or in the words of Earl Pits - MAKeS ME SHICK!) Grrrrrrrr!

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

1. People talking on their cellphones while they're driving! Hello, if you're listening you're not looking and I'd really rather not be on the road with you!
HOW could I have forgotten THOSE? Almost every time we're behind someone driving erratically, as if to be drunk, we pass them to see them yapping on a phone. One time I counted over 50 people "under the influence" on one ride home from work, less than 15 miles (LOL, my husband was driving and I was bored!). I was then appalled that so many people have such little disregard for the safety of those around them, not to mention their own.

Why can they not WAIT or PULL OVER? It must just be like driving drunk... I guess they think they're driving fine but everyone else notices the huge difference.

---oh yes, Cindy & Krazy Kat2, we used to do the brake slam to get rid of tailgaters... until we bought a new car. Now DH likes to scare the bejesus out of me by demonstrating how it can stop on a dime, behind people at red lights or in traffic. I don't think he does it on purpose, just because he can... one day that's going to kill us both!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Sorry you have to endure that, too!! My husband does it when he's really really hungry---too hungry to care about me lecturing him about how annoying it is and he'll break a tooth off
EWWW! GOODNESS! ME TOO!

My biggest pet peeve is LATE PEOPLE! I can't stand it when someone says they will meet me somewhere and they are so late! If you say you will meet me at a certain time, then BE THERE!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Bad spelling and paragraphing(I'm still in school so I'm still learning!
) on forums!

When people break up bits of Polystyrene. It makes me shudder!

When we're playing cards and idiots take ages to put a card down and then have a mental when we don't tell them to put a card down, it's like HELLO if you're not watching then don't play.

When my Mum leaves her coffee cups all over the house!

That's it for now.
Ok you are going to hate me.... I am terrible at spelling!!! I do look up most that I know I've spelled wrong but not always! Sometimes I'm just like I don't care or am in a hurry!!!

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Being with people who NEED to be in the middle of the row in a movie theater. I like to be on the ends. If i need to get up i dont want to be tripping over a million people.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slightly off topic here (sorry in advance), but I notice how many of you guys say that driving with mobiles annoys you. Is it not illegal in the US?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purity

Slightly off topic here (sorry in advance), but I notice how many of you guys say that driving with mobiles annoys you. Is it not illegal in the US?
It darn should be... They have been working on it. Seems to me though that they can pass all these taxes and bills over night but somethings they just taken for friggen ever to do something about.
They passed the cigarette tax in a matter of a few weeks here in MI and they passed that Shivo bill in one night!!!!! Seems it's only important if it effects the big guys themselves!!!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

~ People who say "cats always land on their feet"
~ People who don't pull their grocery cart to the side so others can get by
~ Those stupid pants that people wear falling off of them with their underwear showing
Well, every now and then I say the first, but only if the cat falls off the bed, or something... nothing serious.

As for the other two, I completely agree.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one that's REALLY gotten to me today....things not working out the way they're supposed to and ruining plans on a wonderful holiday!!!!!!!!

Ok maybe that's not a pet peeve...but it certainly is highly unpleasant.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, speaking of those stupid pants...

This weekend at the rifle match, one of the Juniors was wearing those type of pants...but without the boxers on.
So when he was sitting and scoring, on a backless shooting stool, if his shirt rode up it was a good half-moon!
And a couple times he dropped his pen or something in front of him and I swear it was almost a full moon on the line!
There were three of us ladies sitting behind the line giggling out of control! One of them, a mother to one of the other girl Juniors and in on the giggling, zoomed in on the moon shot with her digital camera and is going to print it out for the girl who noticed it in the first place (and about hyperventilated, she was laughing so hard!) and her daugher!

Oh you gotta love the sense of humor in our little shooting community!

misskitty4088

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
More of my pet peeves

1. Racism
2. Immature College Guys
3. Drama Queens
4. People who talk to me when I am trying to consentrate
5. Yelling

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My biggest pet peeve is when I'm waiting in line for food for say 20 minutes or so and when the guy infront of me has his turn he stands there trying to figure out what to order!! AHHH what have you been doing all this time!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really couldn't think of any when this thread started, but it hit me yesterday. I hate people who speed way ahead of the traffic they were in when I'm trying to make a left turn through oncoming traffic. The flow of traffic doesn't get broken for long enough and sometimes you can't make the turn because of these pigs! -make Hydroaxe wanna kill!... Hydroaxe wanna smash!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I really hate it when people have really terrible grammar. I also hate it when people are perpetually late. Most of all, I hate it when people fail to take responsibility ofr things and then make up all sorts of lame excuses as to why they couldn't follow through!

My roommate drives me completely crazy, but she's gone from simple pet peeve to a reason worthy of breaking my lease...

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purity

As of Friday it will be illegal in Chicago, thank GOD

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work at an animal hospital and I hate when people bring their small children in with them. Either the kid takes their attention and they don't listen to you when you talk or the kid is obnoxious and tries to touch everything and get in the way.

I also hate when people call and expect to get in right then. We are a very busy hospital and book up really quick.

Then someone will call on a Saturday (our busiest day) and say something like "Oh my animal has been projectile vomiting for the past 2 weeks/my animal has been limping for 3 months and I want to be seen by a doctor TODAY!"

And if you say they can't "Oh well I've been such a good client and I've been coming there for years" or even when you do try to squeeze them in it's "Oh well I can't make it in at that time I need to come in at this time"

lol I'm just getting so aggravated now thinking about how I've had the whole weekend off and I have to go back to work tomorrow!

Another thing I hate with the fire of a 1000 suns --- BAD DRIVERS

There seems to be such a plethora of them here in NJ!!!!!!!! And I'll spare you all of my rant about why their driving is so bad!! lol That would be pages and pages long!!!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Ryan! I just looked at your profile, and I didn't know you were a game designer! That's cool, because my brother just graduated from FullSail! He's an enviromental artist! That's neat!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, here's another pet peeve. When people are intentionally cruel to animals. There was one time when I was younger... I lived in an apartment and there was a mobile home park there, too. It was a nice mobile home park, but one kid there was a real meany. He would always pick on me and my friend... he even flipped us off, and he was maybe 5 years older than me! Anyway, one day he took a jalepeno and stuffed it in this dog's mouth, and held his mouth shut so he'd eat it... he did this just to watch him throw up! I was sooooo mad, and I yelled my head off at him, got the dog some water, soothed it, and sent it on it's way! Oh, boy! I have never stood up to a "big kid" like that before! Especially this kid! I knew he'd kick my butt no matter if I was a girl, or how young I was, but that made me mad!
I think I actually scared him!

:::EDIT::: You know what I just thought of? His name was.... RYAN!