What's Your Favourite Car?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
acar007.jpg

1971 Chevelle SS 1971 Chevelle SS

I just love the traditional V8 engine. I actually don't like the 454 block=I prefer the smaller block engine=sounds so much nicer and still enough power for me.

I have been driving larger engines for all my life. V6 or go home is my motto. Right now it's a 5.3 Yukon. I don't know why I just love a good sized vehicle.

Last edited:

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm an embarrassment to my people, but...Subaru Baja.

There are a handful of classic cars and trucks on that list, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't take the Baja. :sweat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it's a 5.3 Yukon. I don't know why I just love a good sized vehicle.
I know why - because you live in the Northeast, and you like being able to get through a couple of feet of snow just like it was Summertime. I might disagree about the 454 Vortec since I've always been a big block fan, but I'm right with you on GMC:

suburban.jpg

Almost 60,000 miles, and it's never yet asked for a thing, and it's sure never been stuck.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The funny part is my truck sucks in the snow...it's lower than yours. the newer trucks don't have the undercarriage clearance like those from the 1990s like yours. I found out my 1997 Tahoe is still around-it won't start-has 300K miles but they were going to see about fixing it to drive it-I sold it in 2010...the one I have now just turned 225K miles and my goal is 300K miles. I got rust I need to get going on buzzing off and spray some primer on but we keep getting rainy days on my days off so I wasn't able to do it-I think I will take it to the shop down the road-they have a lift and it's such a pain doing body work on the ground laying on my back if you know what I mean.

The best car I had for snow was 1991 buick Regal. That thing could go through a foot of snow no problem. 3800 engine. front wheel drive.

I like my truck because it has electronic seats and I am short=so I put that bugger all the way up so I can see-and well I am always buying stuff or moving stuff and so convenient to have my big truck to transport my 14' kayak. which would be too big on a roof of a car-probably blow it over and break my back getting it on top of the car rack.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an embarrassment to my people, but...Subaru Baja.

There are a handful of classic cars and trucks on that list, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't take the Baja. :sweat:
That's no embarrassment at all; it's one of the most durable and reliable vehicles out there. Cars dot com actually voted it the best all-round truck in 2006.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lucas has a Subaru outback sedan from...2006, maybe? And it has way more features than my Prius, for a lot cheaper. Not bad on gas mileage, either! Subarus last forever, too. I'd love to have one, but I'll be stuck with my Prius for a while :cringe:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want a Subaru Forester. My aunt has an Outback that she loves but I think I prefer the Forester looks. The problem is that it's nesrly impossible to find a used one and I do hate to buy new. But they aren't super pricey so maybe I will. . .

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want a Subaru Forester. My aunt has an Outback that she loves but I think I prefer the Forester looks. The problem is that it's nesrly impossible to find a used one and I do hate to buy new. But they aren't super pricey so maybe I will. . .
Lucas found his for 5k used, something like 40k miles. In really good shape! It's had to have all new tires, but runs really well otherwise.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you can't go wrong with Subaru. Parts are easy to get and heard they are not bad to fix.

one guy who used to work here-has one of those sporty subarus-gets 21 mpg and MOVES fast-I don't know the model name but he loved his Subaru-it was black with red walled tires=it screamed too...got to find out now!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely badass. it's his second one he bought. I remember when we were gathered at work and he drove by and it screamed..it would get me in TROUBLE. I have a LEAD foot. Never too fast!

The other cool sporty car is the racing package Ford Fiesta-it has a crappy transmission in my view but it does handle...my other coworker picked me up in it one morning to work-he banged around the ramp in 3rd gear and you can feel the tires SUCK to the road=very fun!!!

Yeah if I had a car I would get in trouble..the truck takes longer to speed up so it's safer for me...the guy who has the Fiesta takes it to Loudon racetrack in NH and they let you race them...Now that sounds like FUN!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See I get to learn about different cars when the guys let me ride in them for work- I just really enjoy cars n trucks.. I like to figure out how to get it to shift smoothly=I still haven't figured out stick shift but I can tell when you need to shift by the sounds...I like the newer cars have 6 speed transmissions-so much smoother...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my Outback! It's definitely the best and most comfortable car we've ever had. I didn't like the way I sat in the Forester. I felt like I could't see as well (and I'm not short) and it wasn't as wide. We bought it when I was pregnant with DS. It has plenty of room for car seats. Even rear facing. I don't do a lot of snow driving; but DH has taken it when the roads are bad and he has to work. Most of my family lives where they get real snow in the winters. Many of them drive Subarus. My cousin jokes that it used to look like a Subaru Convention when you pulled up to her inlaws for Sunday Dinner. :thumbsup: :lol:

We normally pay off one car at a time. So when my Outback is paid off we will start looking for a new car for DH. Normally I get the new car and DH takes our old one. (I do haul the kids and we live so close to his work he doesn't go far in his often.) But unless he goes for another Outback I'm probably going to keep driving this one. I think he wants something he can pull a kayak trailer with this time. :agree:

My other favorites I'll probably never drive just because they don't seem practical. #1 is a Chevy Camaro. Either the more modern ones or from the late 60s. I'm still on the hunt for a Hotwheels version of the 69 Camaro in orange with black stripes. It was my step-dad's car he had to sell when parenthood was too expensive. #2 Would be an Aston Martin. I can't pick a favorite year. The older ones are just...classic. They never go out of style. The newer ones are just as nice. I'm not quite car person enough to be that specific I guess. :rolleyes: Oh the other reason I'll never drive these? I don't do standard. I need an automatic. :paperbag: My Dad and Step-dad are both car guys. Both have or have had muscle cars and brought me to car shows and what not. I just don't have the coordination for shifting.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a '69 GTO convertible. It was great fun. It had a tachometer on the hood, 4 speed with a Hurst shifter, and bucket seats which were not standard in those days. It was in the shop about half the time, but when it ran it was incredible. I lost my driver's license twice due to speeding tickets during this period of my life. I've had dreams about that car. :redheartpump:

I cannot imagine a vehicle that would make me happier than the one I drive now. It's an '07 Honda Ridgeline. I bought it used 6-7 years ago. It is so quiet and comfortable. Perfect for an old guy!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 192180

1971 Chevelle SS 1971 Chevelle SS

I just love the traditional V8 engine. I actually don't like the 454 block=I prefer the smaller block engine=sounds so much nicer and still enough power for me.

I have been driving larger engines for all my life. V6 or go home is my motto. Right now it's a 5.3 Yukon. I don't know why I just love a good sized vehicle.
My ex always had a muscle car that he tinkered with, one of them was a 71 Chevelle. He painted it with red metal flake and put a white tunnel scoop on it.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutely badass. it's his second one he bought. I remember when we were gathered at work and he drove by and it screamed..it would get me in TROUBLE. I have a LEAD foot. Never too fast!

The other cool sporty car is the racing package Ford Fiesta-it has a crappy transmission in my view but it does handle...my other coworker picked me up in it one morning to work-he banged around the ramp in 3rd gear and you can feel the tires SUCK to the road=very fun!!!

Yeah if I had a car I would get in trouble..the truck takes longer to speed up so it's safer for me...the guy who has the Fiesta takes it to Loudon racetrack in NH and they let you race them...Now that sounds like FUN!
You oughta try a Scion iQ, if you ever get the chance. I whipped one of those through a speed course with cones, tight curves, etc. and a cutting horse couldn't have pivoted better.

An friend of mine has a 2016 Honda Accord (sport edition)...talk about zippy, lol. Paddle shifters! I hadn't used those before.