What's Your Favourite Car?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a cathead (obviously) but I'm also a petrol head. So what's your dream car? Mine is a Jaguar Ftype R coupe. 500+ bhp of muscle and sounds like a machine gun on steroids. It is a big cat after all. If anyone on here has one, congratulations but I hate you!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the first car you mentioned (or something that looked very much like it) I saw driving down the road last halloween. They had purple lights strung on the inside of the cab and there were people dressed up as creepy scary clowns all packed into the car, and they played scary music, and just drove down the road really slowly staring at people with the windows all down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea it was a car that looked like it because there was a front and a back seat I think, but it looked just like that.
Do you mean the Jaguar? They're two seaters. A Nissan GTR looks similar and coincidently it follows very closely to the Jag in my dreams. The Nissan has four seats.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 192059
1948 GMC five window pick up- I know a guy who has one- the bed is all original wood, all original chrome, it's a beautiful truck.
I learned to drive on one of those when I was 12. I think it was a '42 though.
Manual column shift, starter on the floor, battery under passenger side floor, manual brakes and steering, wooden bed.
I loved that truck

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For looks I like the modern Dodge Chargers. Apparently they're gas hogs and aren't very reliable so I'll just look. There are some others that have that kind of blocky front but I don't know what they are.

For driving I just like anything that starts every single morning and has working heat and AC :tongue:.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No i meant the austin a35. It was a classic car they were in all lit up purple inside. It was all creepy.
Really? an Austin a35 in the land of giant cars? I know they must be there of course but what a coincidence re: this post. Excellent, and yes quiet apart from the occupants it must have looked weird. Can't get the image out of my head now:thumbsup:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 cat,I'm afraid you've let the side down with that old 512. Only cars worth more than $100 on this thread please

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Lamborghini for me. I almost stole one once at an auto show but couldn't get out of the parking lot because it was too crowded. There were two right next to me, door open, engines running, waiting to be loaded onto their trailer. I wanted the red one but would have settled for the black.

I sat in a purple and gold (!) one and almost got stuck. It felt like my fanny was right on the ground and the seat wasn't sized for my American butt.

My husband knows of my love of Lambos. However, I drive a big Ford Expedition. One day we were out when I heard a Lamborghini nearby. I couldn't see it, but the engine sound was distinctive. I pulled up to a light and heard that beautiful engine idling. The light changed and we took off. That car matched mine, shift for shift, driving me crazy. I slowed and the Lamborghini slowed, too. I romped on my "big" V8 and was rewarded with the throaty growl of a real engine. I still couldn't see that doggone Lamborghini anywhere.

My husband was sitting there, grinning. I knew there hadn't been an engine transplant, but he clearly was up to something. Finally he confessed. He'd gotten an app for his iPhone that provided a Lamborghini engine sound. The sensor in the phone told it when to change sounds as I shifted or accelerated. I couldn't decide whether to kiss or kill him.

That's probably as close as I'll ever get to driving a Lamborghini.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My husband was sitting there, grinning. I knew there hadn't been an engine transplant, but he clearly was up to something. Finally he confessed. He'd gotten an app for his iPhone that provided a Lamborghini engine sound. The sensor in the phone told it when to change sounds as I shifted or accelerated. I couldn't decide whether to kiss or kill him. That's probably as close as I'll ever get to driving a Lamborghini.
Your Robert is a hoot, isn't he? :lol2:

OK, you all know my story......Me with Clarence, my 2001 PT Cruiser and the automotive love of my life. As I type, Clarence is in the garage being painted. I should get him back sometime next week!
Clarence.jpg

If I had the money, I'd grab an older cherry red Jag convertible with black interior. Alas, that will never happen.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Robert is a hoot, isn't he? :lol2:

OK, you all know my story......Me with Clarence, my 2001 PT Cruiser and the automotive love of my life. As I type, Clarence is in the garage being painted. I should get him back sometime next week!View attachment 192169

If I had the money, I'd grab an older cherry red Jag convertible with black interior. Alas, that will never happen.
Terrific photo of both of you!