What's Your Favourite Car?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Forgot to mention my dad used to bring me to the local drag race track as a kid and I always wanted to drive one of those cars-I just like to go fast-too bad I never followed through with it.

another time went to Poconos PA race track for driving school-rode in the race car around the track- 180 mph and it was FUN! The first time around the corner I screamed the whole time but by the 3rd corner I was cool. Then I anticipated the turns and it wasn't as bad. That was my fav thing in the world. The roar of the motor, the tires sticking to the track, just the entire experience. They had us in a full fire suit and helmet so didn't feel the wind on my face. I would do it in a heartbeat again. They had a slot open to drive-but since I don't feel confident about driving-my ex says=just get it into 5th gear when you get up to 50-60 mph and you won't have to shift again-but I chickened out. Good thing. It's a lot harder driving those cars than I expected-they taught us to drive in a square around the corners otherwise it will drift up the side and hit the banking-so I felt better as a passenger.

FUN!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to race Superkarts when I was younger, I believe they're called shifter Karts in the US. They were the best days of my life.
The vid shows a race at the Isle of Man shortly after I retired from the sport so it's not me but the same type of machine machine as I had. I had no fear then. I broke my leg doing this and 3 people were killed at the meets I raced in, one of them right in front of me. It was very sad but it didn't put me off. It was a huge adrenalin fuelled buzz.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to race Superkarts when I was younger, I believe they're called shifter Karts in the US. They were the best days of my life.
The vid shows a race at the Isle of Man shortly after I retired from the sport so it's not me but the same type of machine machine as I had. I had no fear then. I broke my leg doing this and 3 people were killed at the meets I raced in, one of them right in front of me. It was very sad but it didn't put me off. It was a huge adrenalin fuelled buzz.

mightyboosh mightyboosh - You really were a motorhead. I used to do a little vintage racing, but that was strictly all in fun - especially since in the old days, you'd just drive the car - then an aging 3500 GT Spider Vignale - down to Watkins and then take it out and thrash it 'round. No trailers - or even dinosaurs - to carry the cars back and forth, back before they "improved" the track to make it as dangerous as possible. Cave men build fire in park; cook brontosaurburgers, talk valves and pistons.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad did some drag racing in his younger years. I remember him taking me to the race track too. He still has his car; a 1970 AAR Cuda. I was able to find a Hotwheels version of it a couple years ago. I got one for DS to play with, one for him to keep in the packaging and one for Dad as a gift. He loved it. :lol:

I was never a fan of going to the race track because I always hated loud noises. We'd put cotton in my ears; but it was still loud the time in between races was boring. I would always go hide around a corner when he was working on the car and going to start it up. :lol: My DS seems to have inherited my Dad's mechanical/engineering talents. I keep telling my Dad he has to take DS to the track when we are in town. DH and I are just not interested and DD hates loud noises like I did. It can be something special they share. :crazy: Dad hasn't shown him his cars either. (He also has an old Chevy Nova but it was my ex-stepmother's car when I was a kid.)