Whats your favorite Music group?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by TTMom
LOL--I just had to post this. My son's favorite singer (my son is 7) is James Brown!!!!!!!!
When Mark was a baby, he loved Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild", from the "Easy Rider" soundtrack. He was a biker baby, from day one.

When he was 10, I came home to find him playing a Harry Belafonte tape and liking it. No heavy metal or rap, in our house!

Bill likes 80s heavy metal and I don't. Since my favorite 50s-60s oldies station folded, my car radio is back on a country station.

The last few CDs, that I bought, were an eclectic mix: Frank Sinatra, Bob Seger, Janis Joplin and Toby Keith's "Shock'N Y'All".

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by catlover67
AMEN TO THAT!!!
I have been a huge fan since their Unforgettable Fire CD. I have never seen them in concert though!!
Oh you must!! It's such an emotional experience

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All time favorites are Nine Inch Nails and Rosetta Stone. Love them so much I had two of their album covers designed into a tatoo for me (the NIN from the Sin single and RS from the back cover of Adrenaline). I think the best live band I've seen (besides NIN) is Aerosmith.

Beyond them, there are too many to even think about. I love 80s Metal, Goth and Industrial, and listen to Country at work since rock/goth wouldn't go over well at the front desk.
I guess you could call my tastes ecclectic.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to try Harry Belafonte on my son. I have a CD of some of his best songs. Both he and his Dad also like Millie Jackson--you ain't heard nothin' till you've heard her lyrics. She says it like it is, baby.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brother-an Australian Celtic rock band
The Police
Also, it's not a band but I'm really digging the soundtracks for The Lord of the Rings movies.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Cougar
No problem, I just think its funny how all the U2 fans I meet are very very dedicated

And I thought it was just me. My s/o likes to get on my case for being so dedicated. He's actually jealous. And no, I don't think Coldplay resembles U2, either.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fell in love with the Beatles, at the age of 6. They were on the "Ed Sullivan Show" and I thought that they were the neatest thing, that I had ever seen. I had a major crush on Ringo. (For those who didn't already know, this REALLY tells my age
)

Later in that decade, the Monkees were tops with me. Davy Jones is still cute and he's pushing 60!

pontiacanth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have about 3 or 4 all time favourite bands who I love the same.

1st is SEX PISTOLS.I have about 23 CD's by them, everything you can possibly get your hands on. I'm a very dedicated fan. Best band in the world.

2nd is KISS. Got everything they've done.

3rd is Green Day. Superb.

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
for any band to sound just like them, BUT a Christian group called "The Newsboys" has gotten attention and has been compared to U2. The Newsboys are my second favorite band behind U2, so maybe there is something that is alike in the two groups but I can't put a finger on it myself.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love such a wide range of music.

My all time fave band is "Blue" and my all time fave singers are Madonna,Michael Jackson,Brittany Spears and Elvis.

I also enjoy listening to Black Eyed Peas,Linken Park,Queen and much more.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rush, Styx, Journey, Aerosmith, Queen, Billy Joel, the Beatles.... and I throw one more that doesn't come close to matching the others (at least my husband says this) Air Supply!

skittles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i DON'T HAVE A REALLY FAVORITE GROUP. I LISTEN TO EVERYTHING. SOME ARE MY REALLY FAVORITES WOULD HAVE TO BE OUTKAST, NELLY, MURPHY LEE, CHINGY,TI, BONE CRUSHER, AND LIL JON AND THE EASTSIDE BOYZ.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like U2 though I'm not a dedicated fan.

I love the master composers of a time before us all. Mozart, (Wolfgang Amadeus), is my favourite. He worte a beautiful clarinet concerto. And then it got used in a beer ad and I honestly thought that a clarinet was being advertised.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Mozart, too, especially the Serenade for Winds. It's the one that starts off with a repeated note, then the oboe comes in, it was in the file Amadeus. I have 2 CDs that I play a lot in class, Mozart for Morning Coffee and Mozart for Morning Meditation. My students aren't always thrilled, but it does have a calming effect.