What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had the most violent storms pass through New Jersey tonight.

We had to p/u Casper from the vet at 6pm - weather was looking very threatening, but we headed out anyway because he'd been there since 8am (having a glucose curve test).  Well, a torrential rain started not 5 minutes after we left.  Had to pull over, it was impossible to drive. Intense lightening, 60 mph wind gusts, hail, and street flooding.  We waited it out nearly 15 minutes before it finally let up enough to continue to the vet. Some streets were not passable - had to take a different route than planned.

Finally got there and thankfully it had let up enough to get us home safely but there was a lot of damage around the area. Right up the block from us a HUGE oak tree (I mean, many stories high) fell across a street, on top of someone's car.  We hope nobody was hurt - we saw several ambulances go by :(  Lost cable for a while; at least the power stayed on as it's terribly hot and humid.  

Anyway, pix.  

Sorry the first one is blurry but I took it from quite far away. The street was not passable, so when I zoomed in it lost quality.

After all that, we had a stunning sunset!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's been in the 90's here in IL for the past 2 wks. and this past weekend the heat index got up to 105-110!  I absolutely loathe heat and humidity.
  Even with the a/c on our persian guy, Carleton, is lethargic.  My favorite time of year is autumn, I wish it could last forever. 

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very hot right now in Northeast US, sky is very blue right now, with a few white clouds.  There is a small breeze which is great.  
 I do enjoy this weather very much. 

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do need rain also, where I am in Northeast US.  I do not remember seeing the lawns so dry as this year. I don't know what's going on this year, maybe the hot weather, but the poison ivy vines are really taking off everywhere on my street.
   I just heard on the Boston station just now, there is an elevated risk of wildfire today, because of dryness.  The sky is still very, very blue today, this afternoon.

@foxxycat, are the lawns very brown where you are?  

@sivyaleah  , I am glad you are ok.  That was a scary trip you had.  I was watching the storm live radar last night and saw those storms. 

kittygirl321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's currently Sunny and 90 degrees F here in southwestern Connecticut right now (3:10 pm) humidity is 41%.
We're having a bit of a heatwave here- the news is saying that in my area there could be outages do to the heat. I hope that my house isn't one of them. [emoji]128565[/emoji]

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 75 degrees. It is heaven!! after the heat wave. I have shut off the AC !!

The windows are open!!!

We are supposed to have a sea breeze during the day! a break from the heat, just for one day. Back to 90's tomorrow. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think today is our last 90-degree day and then we're going into the mid-to-upper 80s, so basically just more of the same. 

But we are so dry. We need rain desperately. Not t-storms, but about 2-3 days of a nice, steady rain. And even then, I'm not sure if it's enough.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Currently 75 degrees. It is heaven!! after the heat wave. I have shut off the AC !!

The windows are open!!!:clap:    :cat:

We are supposed to have a sea breeze during the day! a break from the heat, just for one day. Back to 90's tomorrow. 
WHAT?!?!?!?!? I need to drive an hour north. :hmm: Another day of misery here.

ETA - Aaron is working from home today and right after I submitted this he yelled "I'm already hot. It's time to put the AC on. " :lol3:

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
WHAT?!?!?!?!? I need to drive an hour north.
Another day of misery here.

ETA - Aaron is working from home today and right after I submitted this he yelled "I'm already hot. It's time to put the AC on. "
sure, come visit me.... come see the sand sculptures.. I have not seen them yet. I may go today, if I can fit it in or tomorrow--in the heat and humidity...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yes the lawns are crinkly brown. the weeds are dying. i should be out there with an iron rake pulling them up from the grass because they choke out my grass but its too hot.

hot today but so far its not as hot as yesterday. I am at work and the shop doesn't feel as hot as it did yesterday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
another very hot day here. forecast to be a high of 83 degrees F, but it's already 89 degrees F!

i haven't mowed my lawn since the beginning of june (or possibly the end of may), and my grass isn't growing. the lawn isn't totally brown and crinkly here, but there's enough brown and not enough green that i won't risk killing the grass by mowing it.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been hot and humid here for a week. I am sick of the weather giving me migraines. It does look like it is supposed to cool off for a few days starting tomorrow.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last day of the heat wave today. cooler and lots of rain tomorrow.

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In Southern California it's not that bad at night, so I open the windows. In the day time it starts to get really hot but it's pretty dry not humid. A few days ago I set up camp in the backyard and steeped in a tent but I let the "Windows" closed and during early morning my blankets and pillows were moist :lol3:
The worst part is that the ac is not working it only blows room temperature air :bawling:

meandcaptinmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in Massachusetts. Last year we barely had to run the air conditioner all summer. This year....I turned it on 3 weeks ago and it's been running
round the clock ever since! I don't really mind, but it means I can't open the window for the cat to sit in (and he LOVES that). So he wants cool weather to return.
But the problem for me is I haven't watched any "news" (and so any forecasts) for ten years now. (yup, when Obama got elected, I didn't know how to pronounce
his name, I'd never heard his voice, or seen what he looked like. I didn't know a thing! (which i thought was kind of cool) (well, at least my blood pressure
is probably lower than that of people who do follow the nonsense.) And I hear tid bits from folks anyway. Like this time I'm told the guy who's popular
is someone called "Rump"? (Or he is a rump???) I'm not sure. But judging by his name, he sounds qualified.

Everybody does the same stupid things every four or eight years don't they? Someone convinces them that HE will be different!!! He will fix things (for instance Romney
assured us that he would have CREATED jobs!! (so long as he doesn't have to pay taxes) (oh, and in spite of him having made a fortune SELLING our jobs).. And now
Rump's managed to get millions of people, who are so desperate for something good to come along they'll actually swallow that, in spite of his immense wealth, and party affiliation,
he's not a republican, because he said he's not!...erm, right? *blink blink*
See, I can't watch that!!! That's exasperating to be told lies you cant possibly believe!!!

...But yeah, I did manage to get brought up to speed on the Obama election in the end, because I watched the South Park episode on it, and that filled me in O_0

Anyway...
So I never know what the weather's going to be. BUT I found that the forecast was often wrong when I did used to watch. ..and that weathermen are always hopeful
that it will be very bad weather, as this is exciting for them! (And isn't it reassuring, to know someone's rooting for it to rain tadpoles and golf ball size hail).

But if you watch forecasts daily, you'll find, even when they say rain, and they're right, there's always a few dry hours in the morning here, before that rain comes.
So I can always go take my walk, no matter what, every day. So as to what the weather will actually be by the afternoon, the way I figure it, there'll be some!
I don't need anyone to tell me that! I got a window. Let it be a surprise.. the way nature intended.

I betcha though...... it will be a horrible winter this year.
Either that or it won't.
(And I cant be wrong with that particular assessment, can I?)
Hey! I should become a weatherman!!!! ..."Today, there will be a"Chance of thunderstorms" (for the 100th day in a row).
The temperature will be higher midday ...probably. Tune in tomorrow for more of Mister Weather's helpful insights. And folks, always bring three things, wherever you go,
and you cant go wrong...bathing trunks, a winter coat, and an umbrella."

Whaddya' think? That's gonna be my audition tape

for the position of meteorologist.
(Why do they call it that? Whats the weather got to do with meteors???
Are they hoping for meteors? I TOLD you they like BAD weather!!!!!

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have had a two day break from the heat.  The warm up is supposed to begin today but not as bad.  Only one 90 degree day in the forecast and it is toward the end of the week.

The last two summers have been mild and I remember July last summer there were actually a number of grey cool days.  I too rarely ran the air conditioning much last summer.  I remember though, I was able to get very little in the way of good fresh produce last summer.  All of these hot sunny days are needed for that.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it is beautiful outside. The windows and door are open! Bright cloudless sky, low humidity...gorgeous day...

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Overall, I love the weather where I live. Multiple seasons, wide variety of weather patterns and temperatures. Not fond of summer in general but at least I know at some point it cools off considerably.

Today, it's 73, less muggy than yesterday. Definitely preferable to the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.