What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hot today.. 81 degrees!!  I do not want to close the windows, but I have to because of allergies..I did put the AC because of the closed windows...

crazy weather.. and tomorrow and Friday will be really, really cold....cold enough for heat!! stupid weather...
Sounds too familiar!  Crazy east coast weather!  I also closed the windows for allergies, as well as the heat. Had to take something as soon as I got home from work this afternoon. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Wed it was in the 90s, 65 at night, Thur 88, 65 at night, Fri 82, Sat 75 and all clear, a few white clouds, and today I'm freezing: it's 3:30, temp is 60, the space heater is on and so is the electric fire place, all the doors are closed, I've got fuzzy socks on and furry slippers, a sweater   and my feet are still cold. One cat is roasting in front of the space heater, the others are in various places cuddled up in cushions and pillows. It has been overcast all day and looking like rain but we probably won't get any of that. I guess we had our annual October heatwave and now it's back to where it's supposed to be but the sudden change just makes it seem to be so much colder, and we who live in SoCal just can't take this "cold" weather. It will take a few days to get acclimated. Those who come to visit think this is nice, wear shorts and t-shirts and take dips in the ocean and laugh at us hot-house flowers.
  On the other hand we can take 85F without a complaint, just a little fan and a cold drink and we are ok.  JTbo in Finland would probably die of heatstroke. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It DID start to rain after all, at least what is trying to call itself rain. It's just a very light mist, very steady for the last couple of hours but enough to make the roads wet and slippery until enough has fallen to start washing it away. I can hear dripping in the downspout. We are thankful for anything that is not a downpour as that just runs to the ocean without sinking into the ground and thus the aquifer where we need it. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
35 degrees this morning, need to be riding motorcycle for about two hours now and forecast claims it will start raining. Last two days temp was 30-35 degrees with 20mph winds, tiny snow flakes at air, but not so much of those on ground yet.

Yep, at 85 degrees only eyeballs can move, if temp would be 90 degrees it would not be possible to move even the eyeballs :mrgreen:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It didn't stop raining until this morning. I woke up at one a.m. and it was pouring, it sounded really good. Then woke up again at 4 and there was thunder and lightning, it sounded like it was right overhead and went on and on. and it was still raining. Now, at 10:30 it is overcast, the pavement is still wet but nothing is coming down. Forecast is for no more immediate rain, maybe some sprinkles next weekend and temps going up from 65 to 75. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cold. Cold. Cold. After being in the 80s last week, going down to the 50s is akin to torture for me. We are to get a freeze tonight. Not a frost, a freeze. And snow showers across the northern tier of PA. I am not amused. It's been downright blustery, too, with that northwest wind ripping through, but I think today is the last day of the wind.....I hope so. Not pleasant for walking.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Cold. Cold. Cold. After being in the 80s last week, going down to the 50s is akin to torture for me. We are to get a freeze tonight. Not a frost, a freeze. And snow showers across the northern tier of PA. I am not amused. It's been downright blustery, too, with that northwest wind ripping through, but I think today is the last day of the wind.....I hope so. Not pleasant for walking.
I'm so sorry. Especially about those snow showers. 

We are currently at 63.9 degrees expecting a high of 81. Scattered clouds. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ground is white and it has been snowing, temps below 30 degrees.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in NC it's just typical October weather.  We wear our parkas in the morning, and shorts in the afternoon.  Temp ranges between 40's to 80's.  No rain, except for what Matthew gave us, extreme drought situation.  

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CT was brutal yesterday with the wind. I was struggling to get to the ortho & by the time I got home I felt miserable with the cold. We listen to Massachusetts public radio & they actually used the s.n.o.w. word this morning, which depressed me.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't use flash, but an headlamp when taking this photo, weather is dark, with snow, sadly camera shows everything bit darker than it is.

That is corner of my yard where new forest is growing up.

It starts to be quite dark already at 6pm now so need to have good lights, soon they change clocks again and it is dark most of the day. Supposed to be rain for rest of the week.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't use flash, but an headlamp when taking this photo, weather is dark, with snow, sadly camera shows everything bit darker than it is.

That is corner of my yard where new forest is growing up.

It starts to be quite dark already at 6pm now so need to have good lights, soon they change clocks again and it is dark most of the day. Supposed to be rain for rest of the week.
Here in Connecticut I have my outside light programmed to come on at 6 p.m.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Connecticut I have my outside light programmed to come on at 6 p.m.
Our sunset is currently 5:30pm, your place is only about 20 degrees more south, so I guess it does not make huge difference for a time of sunset? My outdoor lights are automated, they lit when there is movement and enough dark, but I really would need to add more lights as doorway is in complete darkness and one of the cats likes to walk into legs, it is a disaster most of the time!

Soon sunset is before 3pm, day length will be less than 4 hours, but it will be lot of snow then.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our sunset is currently 5:30pm, your place is only about 20 degrees more south, so I guess it does not make huge difference for a time of sunset? My outdoor lights are automated, they lit when there is movement and enough dark, but I really would need to add more lights as doorway is in complete darkness and one of the cats likes to walk into legs, it is a disaster most of the time!

Soon sunset is before 3pm, day length will be less than 4 hours, but it will be lot of snow then.
Just before the winter equinox it will be dark until 9 a.m. & will be dark again at 4 p.m. I hate winter but I kind of like the days drawing in. When it's dark at 4 p.m. it's a good excuse to veg out in front of the TV with my cats.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is currently 47F, rainy, humid and windy here today. I am off today and have stayed indoors all day.  I do not plan to go anywhere until I go back to work tomorrow. When I watched the news this morning there where wind gusts up to 30mph in my area.  I am glad I could just hide inside my house today. The change in the weather over night actually gave me a migraine.  Since it was my day off I took my prescription strength medicine and went back to bed.  When I woke up the migraine was gone thankfully.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I vacuumed out the baseboards just in time! 28 degrees F here when I woke up this morning. :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.