What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh @Winchester  I do not envy you.  I am beginning to worry our "winter" will be harsh during February and March this year.  So far we've only had one good week of true "winter" weather.  It's near 50 today, lows are supposed to be in the 30's, with no rain in sight for the next 2 weeks.  I'm just worried ours is coming!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been in the high 30s-low 40s for the past few days. Very nice! But now we're supposed to get a big snow storm, possibly up to 12 inches :/. Bleh.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
-6°C/23°F at almost 1 p.m. and extremely foggy. We live in a river valley and can't see the surrounding hills at all.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
About 2-1/2 inches of snow overnight with snow and sleet right now. Winter Storm Watch until 7:00 tonight. The roads are OK and the parking lot at work is OK, too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
MY area is 39 degrees, windy with gusts 20-40 mph... last night the wind and rain hitting the windows and the wind hitting the stuff on the balcony kept waking me up...

Yes, we are in a Rain Nor'Easter ... inland, about 20 miles and it is snow with sleet...freezing rain..

It will rain all day, ending tomorrow....

have to go for my doctors appointment in Boston... 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hasn't started snowing yet. They said it would start around 9 am. Now they're saying it will start later in the afternoon. Fine with me. .. it would be nice to not have to drive home in blowing snow. It can snow all night and the plows can have everything cleared for work tomorrow morning, that would be the best-case scenario.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
39 and rain turning to snow showers tonight, it's been very, very damp too 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was super foggy this morning. It was a fun drive in to work today 

it is currently sunny and 72 degrees fahrenheit 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, a foot of snow! :/ I parked near the end of the driveway last night so i didn't have too far to shovel. But ugh. It's a mess out there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We swore that we packed up and moved to London....it has been that foggy around here. Between all the rain and snow and frizzle, it's really humid, which makes it very foggy in the mornings.

Today the sun decided to make an appearance. When I took the trash and cat litter from scooping boxes this morning out to the trash can, I could actually see the moon and some stars, for the first time in a while. And the sun has been shining most of the day. I went for my walk at lunch over to the market and it's just lovely out. A bit on the brisk side, but not bad. Sunny. No rain. I'll take it.

I think we're right around 45 F or so. Not bad at all.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
40 degrees here. Quite chilly, but dry. Snow on the ground, but no ice on the sidewalks. Still not complaining about this winter. January is almost over & I haven't once worried about icy sidewalks.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For today, clear and warm.  Tomorrow, rainy and mild, then COLD COLD COLD.  I was out earlier in sweats, tee shirt and bare feet, and perfectly comfy.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I was shocked this morning it was so foggy on my commute in.  I could barely see if a car was right ahead of me.  Then we had a bit of rain/mist, and now it's just cloudy and 65 degrees.  But a cold front is headed in, if you want to call it that.  It just means the lows will be in the 30's at night again, but still 40-50 during the day.  I'm getting more afraid of what winter is coming our way next month or in March.  It's not over yet!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will not stop snowing! I think the official count for this area is 13 inches. It's still snowing lightly :/. But they say that once this blows over it won't snow again for a while, I just wish it would stop already!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Willowy, you're really getting hammered with the snow. 

After an absolutely beautiful day yesterday, we are back in shower and fog mode. Rain showers today, turning into snow showers tonight and this is to continue into Sunday. It's getting depressing.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We're back down to temps in the 20's and a little snow tomorrow night.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After a brief period of bright sunshine this morning, it's back to clouds for us. Winchester Winchester you're right - it's actually a bit depressing! The brightness made me realise how little sun we've had this winter. It's been so gloomy. At least we've had a little snow again and the fogginess has gone.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We've had a few days of sun after all the rain.  It's been nice!  It's 37F this morning but it's supposed to get up to 70 this afternoon.  Yay.  

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The sun is out, the sun is out - yay!
But we're supposed to get clouds later, it''s 19 degrees so we need the sun.  Snow showers predicted for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.