What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the snow we didn't get all winter in Connecticut arrived yesterday. Horrible whiteout. 6-8 inches, which isn't all that much, but it came very fast. HATED staying indoors all day. One thing about Connecticut is that it rarely snows on two consecutive days. Looking at my Weather Channel app more snow is forecast several times during the next week. Very messy outside today, but so glad to get outside. Could kill the folks who don't shovel their sidewalks, especially the corner houses. It's the law people!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Clear and cool.  Dunno what the temp is, but it's just right for sitting outside in sweat pants and a long-sleeved tee.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They are predicting more snow on the way!!!  yikes!!!! but it still look pretty....waitn another day and then it will be black---however, we will have a new snow cover...

.Winter has Arrived in New England!!   yuck... 

so glad I do not have to think about getting into work.. that was the biggest issue...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think we got between 6 and 8 inches of snow here; finished off earlier today. i didn't bother shoveling, because it's forecast to be up around 40 degrees F both tomorrow and sunday. it'll melt on it's own. today's temp here got up to about 23-24 degrees F, and should hold there through the night.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We are having unprecedented heat.  A fit thirty year old died recently from heatstroke when out dirt bike riding.  Six students were hospitalised from it.

At the moment it heading towards 39C (102F) and the humidity is just awful.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We are having unprecedented heat.  A fit thirty year old died recently from heatstroke when out dirt bike riding.  Six students were hospitalised from it.

At the moment it heading towards 39C (102F) and the humidity is just awful.
ahhh, wouldn't it be nice if you could box up some of your excessive heat and send it here to us experiencing the cold and snow, and we could send a freighter filled with as much of our snow as could be packed into it so you all there could enjoy a brief respite from the heat you're experiencing.

well, the temperature is starting to rise here, up to 28 degrees F now, and should continue to do so through the overnight.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Finally we are getting real rainfall here in CA . And a lot of snow in the mountains !
Very nice. As I type this the rain is falling in Los Angeles ... ( and the cats think the drops on the windows are a new toy ! )
~[emoji]128568[/emoji]`[emoji]9748[/emoji][emoji]128166[/emoji]

Last edited:

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah more record breaking weather. What I hate most about it is that its so hot at night.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yeah more record breaking weather. What I hate most about it is that its so hot at night.
 I'll be sleeping with the airconditioner on all night tonight..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I would love to send you guys are northeastern cold winds. this morning 8 degrees, still snowing but was only 2 inches. looks like we may get slammed sun night so my drive into work will be just like yesterdays-have to shovel out the mess from the plow because I get stuck if I don't. if it snows during the day then Jon gets it cleared up and it's not a big deal...it's the night time snow that's the most annoying..then dealing with the morning drive...maybe it will blow out of here and miss us. we are in the area where they predict 8-14. I don't know what we got the last time because the wind blew it away into the woods..looked like 10 inches or so.

When is spring? Did that groundhog see his shadow earlier this month? I missed it...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
25 degrees and grey outside.. they say we had some snow earlier, but I do not see any new snow on the balcony railings....

There is a chance of getting some freezing rain during the night, so my early morning Mass tomorrow may be an afternoon (4pm) Mass today..

I do not enjoy going to that Mass because there are so many talkers.. I like to enjoy my time in Church, in peace... and just talk to God...but all the really elderly attend that mass and it seems it is their 'social' time....sigh..  and it is always crowded...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The weather channel says 44 degrees and chance of spotty rain.  I'll take it after Wed. and Thurs. being in the single digits! 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a cooler day yesterday. (morning low was in the 30's, & high was only 50?)  Today, it's sunny & 67 right now at 11;20 am, but supposed to go up to 70. Weather chnl app says 75 for tomorrow!

it's pretty windy out today though, says 17 mile per hr winds.  

Got a plloen.com email, our levels are getting up there again too! 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The weather channel says 44 degrees and chance of spotty rain.  I'll take it after Wed. and Thurs. being in the single digits! 
44º is exactly what we have here in Western New York, with bright skies and fuzzy cats.  Looks like our inch of overnight snow will be gone in short order.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

After a cooler day yesterday. (morning low was in the 30's, & high was only 50?)  Today, it's sunny & 67 right now at 11;20 am, but supposed to go up to 70. Weather chnl app says 75 for tomorrow!

it's pretty windy out today though, says 17 mile per hr winds.  

Got a plloen.com email, our levels are getting up there again too! 
ugh, almost time to refill my prescription allergy nasal inhaler.  I usually start in March.. to get it in my system...

pollen--ugh!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I took my allergy pill this morning. It's so nice, I opened some windows, & of course Sammy is out on that I should now call "The napping porch"
   since that's what she likes to do.

I do need to turn on my air purifier as well! 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie and I are going to another couple of days of cuddle time!! sigh!

I will be cabin bound for a couple of days..

I did go to 4pm Mass tonight. The forecast is for possibly some rain tonight which could freeze and then there would be black ice.. 

I am glad I went to Mass. I was very early because I did a couple of errands before hand..

The current outlook for tomorrow and Monday is for:  drum roll ~~~~~   another 8-12 inches of Snow!!! on top of the 12 that we got from the other day and another couple inches from last night.. 

It begins Sunday, sometime in the afternoon, the sooner it starts the more we will get.... and will end late Monday... ugh!

So grateful I do not have to deal with it.. not much.. just cleaning off my car and bit in back of the car... that is it.. the building does the rest... thankful for that...and yet later I go out, the cleaner it is..no early morning outings for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.