What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have not heard the thunder, yet; but it is really snowing out now.. difficult to see the street behind me.. the wind is blowing so hard; making the snow coming sideways... as it is it is coming in at an angle.. now sideways... and you can see the gusts... brrrrrr

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Clear and cold, for us.  Going to go down to 25 tonight, so I'm glad that Little Bit has a snuggle Secret Shelter to curl up in!  In about an hour, I"ll heat up a couple of rice bags to toss in there under his blankies.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CT
Clear and cold, for us.  Going to go down to 25 tonight, so I'm glad that Little Bit has a snuggle Secret Shelter to curl up in!  In about an hour, I"ll heat up a couple of rice bags to toss in there under his blankies.

Great idea to heat the rice bags. You may have to reheat them a few times tonight though. Burrrr!

Of course my electric blanket stopped working last week!

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The blizzard has stopped. More snow is in the forecast for this weekend and next week

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, I love hearing thunder snow!

18 degrees F when Rick brought me into work this morning. It's cold, but it doesn't seem to be overly windy, thank goodness. Yesterday was terrible with that wind.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Winchester  I didn't come into work yesterday because of morons driving 20 mph,. 30-35 is a good speed. Fast enough not to fishtail and slow enough to still stop. We often get moron on Spaulding doing 20 in left lane..i didn't have the patience to deal with that yesterday afternoon. we had an ice storm the prior night and I drove in that morning with tons of spinouts and blocked highway. I was half an hour late sitting in traffic because of rubber neckers can't just drive. By the time we got into work the temp was rising enough to not make it an issue. The forecast called for sleet up here but I guess in mass they didn't...something about 55 car pile up in Wakefield mass...so I took vaca day yesterday. it was 20sih yesterday morning then last night fell to -5. It snowed around 9 and by 11 it was windy and nasty. work sent everyone home at 11 and canceled 2nd shift. I was surprised. maybe not enough people showed up,. all I know is I hate driving home in that mess because we have a huge hill on the highway and if they don't keep it cleared you can spin out so I didn't want to be behind some nut going too slow. I don't use 4 wheel drive and never need it except to get out of my driveway when there's 4-6" and I just plow over it after rocking the truck back and forth and build up momentum.

This morning it was -3 on way to work and about 14 inches of hard icy crap from the plow. Jon says just 4 wheel drive it..I said no. I said the bottom of the truck will end up getting stuck because the snow will lift the truck up enough so the tires have no traction..good thing I thought to shovel out a bit. I still got hung up but nothing like pulling forward put it in 4whl and back up fast. LOL. I love playing in the snow in my truck but not when other people are around. At work it is 9 and windy and COLD. We are supposed to get 3 more tomorrow morning. working the weekend and will have to drive in but because Saturdays often no one on the road it won't bother me.

I guess we have another storm mon night=no storm totals yet.  It was very windy yesterday. Bee Kitty whined at the door and climbed up to go out=so I said nope but opened the door and she stuck her nose out and looked around then backed up and ran off. Smart cat. She didn't bug us anymore yesterday to go out. If we don't let her look outside she will hammer you with meows and bites until we let her out..so I was glad it was crappy enough to keep her in. Too darn cold!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
12 degrees when I got up and ice everywhere. More snow coming tonight apparently. :rolleyes:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
12 degrees right now.. brrrr.... I have to go out to survey the situation..and see how much snow is on my car.. feeling cabin bound.. need to go out to do something.. it is pretty out there, the snow is still clean and clinging.. 

We did have 12 inches of snow, yesterday-- with more to arrive.......

We seem to be in  the pattern of a snow storm every other day, or every 3 days.. that seems to be a typical Winter pattern for us..

Last edited:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather?  Freaking crazy.

Two days ago it was 77 degrees.  Yesterday there was a decent amount of snow.  Still cold today, right now it's 27 degrees, but tomorrow's high is forecasted to be 63 degrees.

I think Mother Nature is having hot flashes.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cold snowy.. 15.. windy.. I live and grew up right outside of Buffalo NY.. im used to it.. It is beautiful on my drive in.. im on the road before 6am so the snow is undisturbed. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Record temps today, NEAR 80 DEGREES! Not bad for being above normals of 38! The cats and I will take a walk today and water my pine seedlings since we haven't had much in the way of moisture, we are in a drought again. I better shut up or I'll get 6 inches of rain again like I got last time I complained. No rain dances from now on!

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
@Lily Paddy   I love that area where you live.  I used to take regular business trips to Amherst.  It's beautiful in the winter and I loved seeing it, but everybody I knew there complained about the gray skies for months and months!

Back down here in TN....from mid-70's, down to 29 the past couple of nights, 32 this morning....and back in the 60's today and 70's tomorrow with more rain. 

I haven't even actually pulled out any of my heavy winter clothes or coats this year.  Something just IS NOT RIGHT with this weather!!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Lily Paddy   I love that area where you live.  I used to take regular business trips to Amherst.  It's beautiful in the winter and I loved seeing it, but everybody I knew there complained about the gray skies for months and months!

Back down here in TN....from mid-70's, down to 29 the past couple of nights, 32 this morning....and back in the 60's today and 70's tomorrow with more rain. 

I haven't even actually pulled out any of my heavy winter clothes or coats this year.  Something just IS NOT RIGHT with this weather!!
I'm in the same general area as Lily - Olcott Beach, New York, actually, up on Lake Ontario's south shore  - and although it's a trifle cool here today (22ºF), it's brilliantly clear and sunny, with absolutely zero snow cover.  Two years ago today, we had sixty inches of snow cover, and the mercury was dropping toward -20ºF, where it remained for three days.  Here, 22 degrees and no snow is called, "early Spring."

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's a beautiful bright sunny day, but only 27F here in Maryland.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am lucky enough to live in Atlanta.  Today is about 50 and sunny.  this weekend it is supposed to be 65 -70.  This winter we have only had a few nights that it got below 40.  I am happy for our outside cats.  They have not had to use the shelter we built, very much!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
The thermometer says it is 28 degrees.. I was out for a while; all bundled up, long john underwear, snow pants, wool socks, hoodie sweatshirt, winter jacket, hat, LL Bean gloves;  LL Bean snow sneakers.. I tell you, I am chilled.. it is cold.. it is very pretty out, but I am chilled to the bone.. 

I came back from cleaning off my car, getting air in my car tires (pressure monitor lit up), Noon Mass.. now with a cup of hot chocolate.. I really needed it. I am still chilled.. and I put the heat up a bit. 

The sun is shining, but if there is a breeze or you are in the shade, it is downright cold...

BRRrrrrrrrr

Now to take a hot shower..

Last edited:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's gorgeous and sunny, 50 in the shade, warmer in the sun.  I used my smart phone to shoot a video of my cat happily rolling in the leaves but I have no idea how to get it out of the phone and into the laptop so I can share it with you.  I am not smart enough for a smart phone.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

@Winchester  I didn't come into work yesterday because of morons driving 20 mph,. 30-35 is a good speed. Fast enough not to fishtail and slow enough to still stop. We often get moron on Spaulding doing 20 in left lane..i didn't have the patience to deal with that yesterday afternoon. we had an ice storm the prior night and I drove in that morning with tons of spinouts and blocked highway. I was half an hour late sitting in traffic because of rubber neckers can't just drive.
Slow drivers make Rick frustrated, too. Also truck drivers who get into the passing lane, thinking to pass the slow drivers on a hill and then the truck drivers jack-knife or end up stuck halfway up the slippery hill in the passing lane. That happens often around here and Rick complains about it when it snows. I think his biggest pet driving peeve is slow drivers. I will say that he has guts in the snow. I can drive in snow and ice, but I don't like to if I can help it. And since he's willing to take me to work, it's fine with me. I appreciate that it doesn't bother him to do so.

I just came back in from my walk....it is beautiful outside! Yes, it is cold and yes, it is a wee bit on the breezy side. But it was much, much nicer than I expected. The sun is shining and it's just so pretty, even with that snow. I did wear my YakTrax, large because some people haven't shoveled their sidewalks yet and it was either wear the YakTrax on the sidewalks or walk on the road with cars. The YakTrax won.

It's just gorgeous out there today. It's wonderful how much better the weather can be just because the sun is shining.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only way to get where you're going when it's icy is to go slow :dk:. Otherwise you just end up in the ditch or underneath a semi :eek:. Which is definitely not faster!

Today it's 50 degrees and sunny---beautiful! It's supposed to be in the '40s all week. I'll take it. It might get cold again but we really ought to be done with the super cold weather at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.