What's the silliest way that you've hurt yourself?

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone remember the exercise thing that consisted of a couple of ropes ? You pulled on the ropes to move your arms and legs up and down. We're talking circa 1978-79.

Anyhow, I had one of these and it was hanging on the doorknob in my bedroom. I was working on a craft project and needed the scissors so I went out to the kitchen to get them. My parents were sitting in the living room at the time. As I went back into my bedroom my foot got caught in the stupid rope contraption and I went flying. My left hand with the scissors in it was outstretched and when I fell on the cement floor I broke both bones in my wrist. My parents heard the crash and me crying and my mother was afraid to leave the living room because she was SURE I had fallen on the scissors. Thankfully I hadn't and I ended that evening in a cast. We laughed about that one for years and needless to say the rope contraption was in the trash before I got back from the hospital.

Then there was the time I slipped on popcorn at a hockey game and broke my tailbone .... that was fun.

Then there was the time I slipped and fell on the ice and cracked my head open. That was funny because I didn't know I was bleeding and got on the bus to go to work. I discovered the blood on the bus and I went to my boss as soon as I got in. She took me to the hospital in her BRAND NEW white Lincoln Continental with the WHITE LEATHER interior. I'm sure she prayed all the way there that I wouldn't get blood on her seats

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back in August, I went rollerblading, and my husband was riding his bike. We went through this trail that we have here, and there was a sign for a steep curve. So I slowed down, but I didn't realize HOW steep it really was, and I didn't have brakes on my skates, (I haven't had them since I was like 7??) So anyway, my husband was on both brakes on the bike and it wouldn't stop (that let's you know how steep it was) There was a metal railing and I ran straight into it.

My whole leg was black and blue and swollen, and then my foot started turning black. It was crazy. I went to the doctor and luckily no broken bones, just severe bruising so he gave me Motrin600.

I still couldn't walk for about 2 weeks straight. It was a pain in the ass, especially since we were dealing with the overflow of animals from Hurricane Katrina.

And then the other day, I accidentally cut myself with a pair of sissors and I asked my boss if we should put them on Rabies Quarentine, because they were farel LoL.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HeeHeeHeeeeeeeeee

This thread is PAINFULLY funny!!!!

Well, *I* just did the splits, last night!! OUTSIDE, in the dark, under the deck, at midnight, while trying to put catfood out in the bowl, for the stray kitty who lurks in our yard at night. I call him "Thugboy". Anyway, I slipped in the snow, in my tennis shoes (WHY did I put those stupid tennis shoes on, anyway??!!! --DUH!!!) So, there I was, sprawled out, but in the mud (the snow was trying to melt!) and my face was VERY close to that stinky canned catfood BLECHHHHHHHH
But, I was not all bruised or banged up and I discreetly, got back up, and brushed the snow and mud off me, as well as I could, and sneaked back into the house, and was glad it WAS midnight, so the neighbors didn't realize what a dang klutz I REALLY am!! hahaha
And, old Thugboy, geeeeeeeshhh....HE was just sitting there, waiting for me to get up and get the heck out of there, so he could just have his dang supper!!!!

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy&SpikesMom

HeeHeeHeeeeeeeeee

This thread is PAINFULLY funny!!!!

Well, *I* just did the splits, last night!! OUTSIDE, in the dark, under the deck, at midnight, while trying to put catfood out in the bowl, for the stray kitty who lurks in our yard at night. I call him "Thugboy". Anyway, I slipped in the snow, in my tennis shoes (WHY did I put those stupid tennis shoes on, anyway??!!! --DUH!!!) So, there I was, sprawled out, but in the mud (the snow was trying to melt!) and my face was VERY close to that stinky canned catfood BLECHHHHHHHH
But, I was not all bruised or banged up and I discreetly, got back up, and brushed the snow and mud off me, as well as I could, and sneaked back into the house, and was glad it WAS midnight, so the neighbors didn't realize what a dang klutz I REALLY am!! hahaha
And, old Thugboy, geeeeeeeshhh....HE was just sitting there, waiting for me to get up and get the heck out of there, so he could just have his dang supper!!!!
lmao

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

I am always finding new and creative, embarassing ways of injuring myself.
But the best of all had to be back when I first moved into my house in PA. My computer was downstairs, the phone was upstairs. I was in the basement online and had been talking to one of my friends in PM's. She and I decided it would be easier to just talk in person, and she signed off to call me. Moments later, the phone rang. I ran upstairs to answer it and as I picked up the phone, I realized I'd left a snack unattended on the computer desk, ripe for cats to run off with. So I told her to hang on for a moment and went to run back downstairs. Only I hadn't seen the door in my way; it was open at an angle and I literally ran into the side of it, the part that has the latch on it, about 1-2" wide, face first, and broke my nose. The doctor said it was the neatest broken nose he had ever seen, no setting required, since I ran straight into the door and the it wasn't displaced at all. I had two black eyes and a nasty headache for days, and my friend Kathy laughed at me mercilessly.

What can I say, I am a spaz.
OW OW OW OW OW .... that makes my nose hurt just reading it

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am such a klutz - I fell down my parents steps last weekend when I was home. Yup, all the way down - everyone laughed (except me of course), but my butt sure was sore!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About a month ago right before Xmas-I tripped on one of the cat's toys and fell into the corner of my kitchen cabinet giving myself a black eye that I had to explain all during the holidays.

Smooth move, right!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the worst way I've ever hurt myself was while jumping on the trampoline last Summer with my daughter. We had a bunch of those big balls in there with us, and as we'd jump, the balls would jump around, too.

Well I was getting some serious air -- up real high -- and I came down 'on' the ball. My knee went sideways, popped, and I felt this shooting pain up my leg. I fell & laid there & was nauseated it hurt so bad!

I thought maybe it was my ACL... but I iced it for 2 days & took Advil. It got better altho weirdly enough during real cold weather, my left knee hurts a tad now.

Another stupid self-injury was hitting an ice patch & I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. If I'd kept my seatbelt on til I was at my destination, I'd not have hit my head on the windshield. I still get pain on the left side of my face from that concussion.

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, one day I was at the park and decided to play on the slides.
I got on top of one of those orange tube slides, I was at the very top and decided to try to slide down, and I ended up sliding sideways and could not grip on to anything and slipped off.
As I was falling I put my arms out in front of me ( natural reaction) and when I landed on the stones I dislocated my right arm, the bone popped right out of the socket.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The other day I had a car accident, fortunately everyone was uninjured. Until I went to get back into my car, slipped on a patch of ice and landed flat on my back on the pavement. Then later the other lady who was hit came over to get into my car while waiting for the police. She hit the same patch of ice, and splat! flat on her back too! Then my husband arrived. He went to get in the car, and yup, you guess it, stepped on the same ice and assed over too! Oh talk about adding insult to injury!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 12, I decided it would be fun to run and slide on the wet concrete at a neighbor's house. The end result of that "fun" was a concussion and a trip to ER.

At 17, I was looking for something in the bottom of the freezer, when a whole frozen chicken fell off an upper shelf, hitting me in the head and knocking me completely unconscious. My brother found me on the floor, with said guilty chicken not too far away.

At 19, during a visit to Florida, I bought an anklet made of shells. Should have known better, klutz that I am. My other foot somehow hit the anklet on the opposite ankle and broke it, cutting a gash in my ankle. The scar is still there.

Oh, there are more...but that's enough of an example to make myself look like a fool!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunnicat

At 17, I was looking for something in the bottom of the freezer, when a whole frozen chicken fell off an upper shelf, hitting me in the head and knocking me completely unconscious. My brother found me on the floor, with said guilty chicken not too far away.
Oh that reminds me of a friend of mine! I call it my 'sometimes your gonna get whats commin to ya!' story. We were in Payless and I guess she was tired of shoe shopping because she grabbed a shoe and told me 'just get these!' and *clunk* down came a shoe off a top shelf! She wasn't hurt too bad, just embarassed. She admits to this day that she had it comming!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh that reminds me of a friend of mine! I call it my 'sometimes your gonna get whats commin to ya!' story. We were in Payless and I guess she was tired of shoe shopping because she grabbed a shoe and told me 'just get these!' and *clunk* down came a shoe off a top shelf! She wasn't hurt too bad, just embarassed. She admits to this day that she had it comming!
But, I swear, I did NOTHING to that chicken to deserve that!