What's the silliest way that you've hurt yourself?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor old MoochNNoodles, her `Oowwwww' thread made me think of this, not because of what she did to her poor back, but because I've done the same thing sitting down on the loo! It made me wonder, what is a silly way that you've hurt yourself?

Another time I thought I'd lost weight after high school graduation leaver's week, and I was craning around my head to look in the mirror at my butt to see if it looked smaller, and I pulled a muscle in my neck all the way down to my mid arm!! It was so agonising and took about a week to heal properly but very funny now that I look back on it!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My severe ankle sprain this summer...I would have been happier if I at least had a decent story to tell! But no, I was just walking around my car washing the windows. Not even a crack in the pavement. My ankle just went under me and I went DOWN. Earl took me to the ER and it looked like someone had glued 1/2 a baseball to my ankle.
That happened July 16 (the day before my birthday!), and I still have to have it wrapped because it's still quite tender.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw the title of this thread and I started thinking...wonder if she saw my post yesterday? Then I read it! I'd have to say this may just top my list of silly rediculous ways to hurt yourself, but it's not my first! The time I initally hurt my back I lifted and twisted my laundry basket at the same time for some unknown reason, then a day or two later while shuffling through the mall on my way back to work I got pushed by a paramedic of all people! That's what did me in that time! Had a lovely chat with mall security... Oh well! I got a week off work durring which I spent the entire time on percocet and valium...fun fun fun! I don't remember a thing! Except one night being helped to the bathroom by a friend! Then to the car too! Goooood meds!

Oh, my second most silly one comes from my childhood...I managed to get hit by a bike! Twice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I saw the title of this thread and I started thinking...wonder if she saw my post yesterday? Then I read it! I'd have to say this may just top my list of silly rediculous ways to hurt yourself, but it's not my first! The time I initally hurt my back I lifted and twisted my laundry basket at the same time for some unknown reason, then a day or two later while shuffling through the mall on my way back to work I got pushed by a paramedic of all people! That's what did me in that time! Had a lovely chat with mall security... Oh well! I got a week off work durring which I spent the entire time on percocet and valium...fun fun fun! I don't remember a thing! Except one night being helped to the bathroom by a friend! Then to the car too! Goooood meds!

Oh, my second most silly one comes from my childhood...I managed to get hit by a bike! Twice!
Yup! I think this might actually be the second thread of mine that you have inspired!!

I am always doing silly clumsy things. Max doesn't even pay attention anymore because I'm always hitting my head, walking into things, tripping over things, banging my arm/knee/toe/finger/head/leg or anything else! Come to our house and you'll hear a litany of plaintive `Ouch!' `Ow!' and various other exclamations coming from wherever I am! Unfortunately when I hurt myself it always makes me laugh (you know those pained laughs) so I'm always bursting out laughing for no reason. Except when I really hurt myself. Then I'll cry!!

One night I was sleeping on the sofa bed because my husband was snoring, and I got up to go to the loo. I didn't know this but he had closed the kitchen door to stop Sunday from getting in and eating Cairo's food. It was very dark, I was sleepy and BANG! Walked straight into the door. Split my lip open, got a black eye and a huge bang on the nose. Started howling and sobbing like a little kid that had fallen off it's bike. Andy came belting through from the bedroom - the noise was so loud he thought I'd fallen out of bed!!

At work the next day I had to tell everyone my nose, eye and puffy lip were because I walked into a door - you know, the old euphemism for your husband beating you up - except I really DID walk into a door!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would have to be the time I ran MYSELF over with my fiances jeep

(I wonder if I am going to have to elaborate on this one)

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tore my medial ligament in my knee while sledding. When I was 16. My foot got caught on something and then the rest of me kept going down the hill...it was painful!

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lets see-- i have shut my head in a door at summer camp when i was younger and i have walked into a lightpole-- both of those HURT like the dickens. I actually broke the bone over my eye when i walked into the light pole and i broke my glasses on incidents.

Those are both pretty silly/stupid.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rode a bike into a duck pond at a friend's house
I hit some rocks was very bruised and sore after that!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think maybe it was when my friend got married and I was her maid of honor. I was getting out of the shower and when I tried to put one leg over the tub, I whacked my little toe against the tub. It turned back and blue and I made it through the ceremony but I had to retire early because it hurt so much. I went to work and took an x-ray and I had a hairline fracture...Duh! That was the first and only bone I have fractured or broken. Great timing. Oh, i just thought of another one. As a child, I had a fetish for climbing trees. Twice I fell out of them and somehow I didn't die! One tree was as tall as a 3 story house, and I was at the top! I was swinging on a branch and it broke, and I fell to the ground and got the wind knocked out of me. My mom had a "feeling" and looked out the window. There I was, hunched over, gasping for breath, but otherwise, not a scratch. She freaked out and my then step dad yelled at me for climbing the tree in the first place. Nice guy, I already had my punishment, thank you! For years that broken branch loomed up there as a reminder to stay out of trees!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I twisted my knee by miss counting the stair, on my way down. I thought I was at the last one but no I still had 2 to go.... it really hurt

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and I was craning around my head to look in the mirror at my butt to see if it looked smaller
Oh, I'm sorry, but that's just too funny! I told my husband and he said "it must've been smaller 'cos it was so hard to see". Does he know all the right lines or what?! And as for this:
One night I was sleeping on the sofa bed because my husband was snoring
oh no no no
Sweetheart, don't ya know you got that all backward? Hubsand snores = husband sleeps on the couch!
tuoro1979 - ouch! Did you get chilli into the wound? Owoo that's gotta hurt. Rubbed my eye once while making chili sauce. You only ever do that once.

MoochNNoodles, I can't believe you got injured by a paramedic! Bet he had to live that one down. Least you scored some awesome meds out of it!

I got an ouchie a couple of days ago when vacuuming. I bought a little plant in a lovely ceramic pot for my friend for Christmas. I was reaching up on my baker's rack to get the dust up there, and knocked over the pot. So I quickly grabbed it before it fell onto the floor. Got it in time, thing was it's a cactus. Then to add insult to injury, I was relating the story to my husband later on, complete with arm movements of course. Spaz that I am, I knocked it over again. It fell on the floor and smashed to pieces. I was so mad I just had to leave the room.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work at a shoe store. We had these dye type things things that had a pin in them that we put on expensive shoes, like Nikes. You got them off with a magnet type device that you pressed it in too. I had one that I could not get apart. I was also bored. I tried to force it down with a stapler that was laying around. Guess who stapled her finger? It was so embaressing b/c I couldn't get it out and the EMT's showed up to help me.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I was relating the story to my husband later on, complete with arm movements of course. Spaz that I am, I knocked it over again. It fell on the floor and smashed to pieces. I was so mad I just had to leave the room.
Oh that is so funny - that exactly the kind of thing that I would do!! I caught the wrong end of a small cactus once - hurt like the Dickens and my hand looked like a baseball mitt because the needles are poisonous and they made the hand swell!

And I'm not married to that husband anymore so there's no more sleeping on the couch for me!! Lol....

Your husband sounds like a doll - that's exactly the right thing to say!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Um yes please!!

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

My ex wife did that with my pickup once. 3 days in the hospital!
For me it would be early in my Air Force tour when I got drunk and fell off a skateboard and broke a leg. It probably hurt, but I didn't feel much at the time.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sneezed once and completely put out my trapezius (I think that's what it's called) all the way down my back and in my neck and my left arm. I was in a neck brace for two weeks!! Apparently it was an old injury that was jsut waiting for something minor to tip it into full swing.
Glad to see it's not only me who can do seomthing daft though!

As for chilli in wounds..... well I've not quite had chilli on a wound.... but somewhere uch less pleasant. Never spring your boyfriend with a romantic surprise when he's making chilli con carne for dinner, that's all I can say. I'm glad I had a cold bath to sit in.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny stories everyone!

I'm great at silly ways of getting hurt - where shall I start?

When I was two, I decided to clean my Mum's stone bird bath (don't ask why?!!) and I wanted to clean underneath, so I lifted the top and dropped it on my toe, breaking it! It was more funny, as we were going on holiday the next day!

I rode down the stairs on my tricycle!! (reciting the words from an episode of Care Bears!)

My friend and I made a snow slope at her house and on my visit the next day we went to sledge down it and I slipped on the ice and broke my wrist! (my friend wasn't too chuffed wither, as I had only been there for five minutes!!)

Injured my elbow from rollerblading on a sloped pavement in the rain!!

I was in a museum trying to look at the slanted display - not noticing the glass - I smacked my forehead right against it in an attemt to see better!

I have so many more!
I'm uber clumsy and daft!