What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

When you find a Trader Joes, be sure to buy Cookie Butter!!! lt's delicious.
I'm addicted to their cocao-almond butter. its not anything like nutella, but it definitely takes care of that chocolate craving i get sometimes! i'm gonna have to try the cookie butter. 

Heck, when you find a Trader Joe's buy anything! It's all delicious! 
every time i go there i SERIOUSLY stock up. All their stuff is good, but the GREAT stuff is hard to come by, like as soon as they hit the shelves they're gone. I try to go there every 2 weeks. they also have cat food did you know that?? I try to buy those when i can, or rather when they have them. And i'm also addicted to their beauty products. the shampoo and conditioners, they'r all organic, with THE BEST ingredients, and its less than 4 dollars a bottle. If you tried to buy something similar at a pharmacy or drug store, it would be more than double the price for less than half the amount. this place blows my mind. lol
We'll now I'm glad I never did find a trader joe cause if I did I'd be as big as a house
Trader Joe's is great. You should check them out. ALL of their products are either all organic, or natural, and GMO free (which is a PLUS for me). its an amazing grocery store, and they also carry beauty products like shampoos, conditioners, face cream, and they're all organic/natural, and very CHEAP. check it out. i should like an ad for them..hhahah
What exactly is trader Joe?
as i mentioned above, Trader Joes is a super market chain. They carry mostly Organic or Natural food items. Their stores are filled with items that they produce and distribute and sell exclusively there. All their products are guaranteed either Organic, or all Natural, and NO GMO's (anything that is the "trader joe brand"). They carry dairy, produce, fruits and veggies, meats, and a lot of other stuff. They're sometimes a hit or miss. certain items are a bit pricey, and certain stuff is a steal...but i love that place. They even carry their own brand of cat food that has all natural meat used, and no meat by products. lol

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to go to a Trader Joe's once, just to look if nothing else. The only problem is the closest one is a 600 mile round trip.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love Trader Joe's. There's one out around State College; that's probably the closest to us, about 60 miles away.

Their olive oil is wonderful. I get a quart of virgin olive oil for sautéing and a quart of extra virgin olive oil for salad dressings and drizzling. It's not very expensive and it's good olive oil.

Their frozen artichoke hearts are very good.....around here, I can only find canned artichoke hearts, which are not great. Frozen is much better. Their frozen edamame is very good (thankfully now our local grocery store carries frozen edamame).

Check out their cheeses. They used to have a fontiago (fontina/asiago) cheese that was out of this world delicious. Smoked gouda. Their fresh mozz is delicious.

Oh and their chocolate.....yum!

Before our grocery store started to carry Muir Glen Smoked Tomatoes, I always bought a bunch of cans at TJ's whenever I was able to visit a store.

I always buy a bag (or three) of their raw, unsalted almonds and stick them in freezer bags in the freezer for almond brittle.

I love the vodka sauce. And their breads and rolls, too.

Pumpkin Butter!

They usually have an interesting supply of different chips and and pretzels and such, too.

I have not tried their cat food yet....next time we go in. Part of the problem is that I don't want my cats to get used to a cat food that we won't have on hand that often. We go through 28 cans of cat food every week and that would be difficult for us to stockpile....I can only get to TJ's maybe 3 times a year.

The biggest problem I have with TJ's is that I'll fall in love with a product (Fontiago cheese, for example) and then they'll stop carrying that product.

We were in Virginia a couple years ago when my nephew got married. There was a Trader Joe's right around the corner from our hotel, so before we went home, we stocked up on a few groceries.
  I try to get to one as often as I can.  (I also went to a Food Lion that time to buy some White Lily flour for biscuit-making. White Lily was a southern flour with a lower protein content, which made it perfect for biscuits.) I grocery-shop anywhere and everywhere!

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Their olive oil is wonderful. I get a quart of virgin olive oil for sautéing and a quart of extra virgin olive oil for salad dressings and drizzling. It's not very expensive and it's good olive oil.
OMG I love their olive oil. Its AMAZING. i use it on EVERYTHING. for cooking, for eating, for my skin and hair and scalp (in the winter) for my home made hair and face mask. UGH i just love the stuff. for the price, and quality, its amazing. Agree with you there.
Oh and their chocolate.....yum!

Dark Chocolate filled with gooey caramel and coconut flakes.....

Need I say more?

I love Trader Joe's. There's one out around State College; that's probably the closest to us, about 60 miles away.

Sucks that its so far from you guys...mine is not that close to my home, but its definitely MUCH closer. Plus there are a lot of locations in manhattan, and one close to my work, in brooklyn. 
I have not tried their cat food yet....next time we go in. Part of the problem is that I don't want my cats to get used to a cat food that we won't have on hand that often. We go through 28 cans of cat food every week and that would be difficult for us to stockpile....I can only get to TJ's maybe 3 times a year.

I buy a few cans of their cat food when they have it. They always have the tuna for cats though, as the pate style foods they have RUN OUT as soon as they hit the shelves. I just kind of supplement the trader joes brand cat food with my kitties regular stuff. i love the tuna. I add a bit to their food every night, or i put some on food that my cats are finicky about. I'm always switching foods around on my kitties, and usually getting stuff that's on sale, so the tuna helps! 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One pizza, added some ground meat to it, then I have been taking eucalyptus 'pills', not as good as preventing running nose as salt licorice, but mixing those two gives me few minutes of non running nose, bit hopeless.

I think that most stuff here is natural / organic, but then again I doubt it would be even legal here to sell cheese that would not be dairy product, there are some cheese like products that are made from vegetable oils or something like that, but despite them being cheap they are not very good.

I'm using Bernolli brand Olive oil for frying ground meat for example, that works quite well.

Heinz ketchup that has no artificial stuff, all natural ingredients.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@JTbo
Did you mean sheets of filo pastry?
I had a tangerine.

I've got two silent fighting cats on my bed with me in it. Ok. They've stopped.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TRADER JOE FAN HERE !!!! :bigthumb: But, unfortunately there are none nearby where we not live. I will say, that when I get back "home" from time to time, I always stop there to stock up on some goodies.

---------------------

A ceasar salad. :)

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
!! Oh ok I get what trader joe is now it's like a boutique grocery store we have so etching similar here called the fresh market where they sell mostly super expensive organic all natural items. Anyone who is following some trendy diet would love them( anyone here on the gluten free vegan paleo Diet?)

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had part of a popsicle. I was eating one and Aimee wanted to try it and the little stinker took the rest of it and ate it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chocolate chip cookies (and some chocolate chip cookie dough)

Just finished my morning coffee.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She's been watching the way cats do things. Nab and Scarf.
 Yeah that sounds about right.

I just made breakfast. I had a cheddar english muffin with cream cheese and 2 hard boiled eggs, although Aimee ate 1 of my eggs. She had already had breakfast, but I don't deny her food anytime she wants it because she needs to gain a few pounds.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah that sounds about right.

I just made breakfast. I had a cheddar english muffin with cream cheese and 2 hard boiled eggs, although Aimee ate 1 of my eggs. She had already had breakfast, but I don't deny her food anytime she wants it because she needs to gain a few pounds.
Besides, who could deny a face like that anything she wants.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black forest cake I bought that has shaved chocolate on the sides.  I also added more whipped cream then needed for the sized slice I had.  SO worth it:)  It looked like a kid went nuts at the dessert buffet:)))

Status
Not open for further replies.