What's the last thing you ate - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A baked potato and a spinach salad with bacon, egg and cranberry, no dressing.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds so good....just had a couple of brownies from a family function~~~baby shower....they were so good. Should have taken more of them home....:jaw:
Was that the brunch you drove all that way for?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just has a small sandwich of mayonnaise, pastrami and lettuce on grainy bread. Tasty.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I am not a good photographer.. I just grab whatever my cousins have leftover from their selected "poses"..  no one poses for me....but another story...

not to bore you guys..

I could have taken more home, but that was enough. 

A large centerpiece consisted of rolled up newborn disposable diapers wrapped in tissue paper, on a 'stem' to mimic a rose.

The table centerpieces were an upside down wine glass wrapped in tissue paper, tied with a ribbon, having a white swirly candle on top...We could have taken them home, but I have more than enough stuff here....

also consisted of some 'baby shower' games......kind of lame, but i went along with them...

The mom-to-be helped plan this, so it was really out of the ordinary...no comments from me.....family is family....we are stuck with them...

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since I finally made something good I thought I'd better hurry up and answer this thread!

I had rotisserie chicken/cranberry salad (YUM!) with cooked spinach and yellow squash.  I like to see a lot of color on my plate.  This was very delicious!  My stomach objects to a lot of what I eat, but not this time!  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Judy! I absolutely love you!!!  :jump:   so funny, so drool!!!

It was a baby shower. I do not know if you are familiar with them. In the US it is given by someone close to an first time expectant mom. It is kind of like a bridal shower, except it has to do with Baby stuff....

It can be held at a house, or a small function room. Many times it is a surprise. This one was for my cousin's daughter. 
I will not get into the details....PM me if you would like more info...

We did have a brunch; Mimosa cocktails (orange juice with champagne), fresh sliced fruit table, mini-muffins, Belgum waffles with maple syrup, strawberries, whipped cream, scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast sausages, hash brown eggs, coffee, tea,.
Then the dessert table: caramel brownies, regular brownies, chocolate chip cookies, mini-cupcakes, and a cake. 

Then the sweets table: customized M&M's(for baby shower), hand made chocolate dipped pretzels, vanilla tootsie rolls, a different type of hand dipped pretzels, popcorn presented in individual bags...etc

Then you end up sitting and watching the mom-to-be open all her gifts......it is never ending....Had about 70 people.  It is usually very boring....

These are a few pictures of set up. I did not photograph any food....it was a buffet style.

there....

I am not a good photographer.. I just grab whatever my cousins have leftover from their selected "poses"..  no one poses for me....but another story...

not to bore you guys..

I could have taken more home, but that was enough. 

A large centerpiece consisted of rolled up newborn disposable diapers wrapped in tissue paper, on a 'stem' to mimic a rose.

The table centerpieces were an upside down wine glass wrapped in tissue paper, tied with a ribbon, having a white swirly candle on top...We could have taken them home, but I have more than enough stuff here....

also consisted of some 'baby shower' games......kind of lame, but i went along with them...

The mom-to-be helped plan this, so it was really out of the ordinary...no comments from me.....family is family....we are stuck with them...
[/quote

I take it she's having a boy. A Jolly good spread but too many people.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree...too many people...

Yes it is a boy. The theme of the shower was, "Little Man"  in  pastel blue, white with a  black handlebar mustache....whatever...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree...too many people...
Yes it is a boy. The theme of the shower was, "Little Man"  in  pastel blue, white with a  black handlebar mustache....whatever...
I like that. I call my son little man all the time.

I last ate the rest of the lo mein noodles and general tao chicken.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick bought a pecan pie from the people who ran the food stand at the public sale on Saturday. We shared the last of it last night.

Drinking my morning coffee now.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm drinking my breakfast today. 5 fruit, vanilla yogurt and spinach smoothie. It's yummy and my son keeps trying to steal it. This was the first time I added spinach to my smoothie, I only added 10 grams. I will try more tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.