D

Deleted member 73596

Soon to be chocolate frosted cake

Last edited by a moderator:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's hot and humid? It's in the 100's here today. Appalling.
it wasn't that hot here (like your 100's), only 86 degrees yesterday. but it was just oppressively humid from the time i woke up until the rain and then things started cooling down in the evening.

some colby cheese.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it wasn't that hot here (like your 100's), only 86 degrees yesterday. but it was just oppressively humid from the time i woke up until the rain and then things started cooling down in the evening.

some colby cheese.
My air conditioning has been on for 18 hours. It'll go off soon.

D

Deleted member 73596

You had your birthday yesterday? How come I didn't know?
I'll sing to you.
Happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear Elizabeth
happy birthday to you xoxox.
Thanks [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A slice of spinach bread with a little cheese.

D

Deleted member 73596

Jolly rancher crunch-n'chews.
Not cake.

Last edited by a moderator:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ate last night, baked chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and peas.

Nothing but coffee so far this morning, but getting ready to eat my normal boiled egg for breakfast.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't put in our window ac units yet. i'll be putting them in tomorrow though.

well, we just got a good drenching rain here for a short while, and now it's cooling down nicely again.

a couple oatmeal cookies.
I can't take my ac out buy i also need it for the winter. Weather much cooler but Iewish we could have rain.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't take my ac out buy i also need it for the winter. Weather much cooler but Iewish we could have rain.
i almost wish i couldn't take my ac units out either! they're very heavy. but in the winter they'd let way too much heat out of my house.

i'm glad you've got some cooler weather now. the rain we got last night helped, but closing the windows before bed led to very stuffy and hot indoors. so at about 3am i got up to give snick and jasper their snack, then opened one window at the front of the house and left it open while i went back to bed. that really helped, got the house cooled down to 75 degrees by 8:30am. it's much cooler here today too, supposed to be a high of around 70 degrees F.

however, jasper got very excited about the window being open during the overnight, and made quite a bit of noise meowing and running around. he takes his role of 'taking care of his girls', me and snick, very seriously and i think he felt he needed to keep an extra guard on us while the window was open during the night. so i lost sleep, and have rescheduled my busy day (including putting the ac's in the windows) until tomorrow.

a bowl of cornflakes with a little sugar and milk -- my breakfast.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Stewball -- no, jasper can't get out of any of our windows. there's a screen in the window, in all our windows. i was very careful this spring to keep an eye on jasper, because i didn't know if he'd be trying to scratch at or push on the window screens. jasper doesn't scratch or push at the screens at all, just enjoys watching things out the windows and smelling the fresh air. both snick and jasper love laying in the window sills, and i lay out small towels there for them to lay on.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Stewball
-- no, jasper can't get out of any of our windows. there's a screen in the window, in all our windows. i was very careful this spring to keep an eye on jasper, because i didn't know if he'd be trying to scratch at or push on the window screens. jasper doesn't scratch or push at the screens at all, just enjoys watching things out the windows and smelling the fresh air. both snick and jasper love laying in the window sills, and i lay out small towels there for them to lay on.
How we spoil our cats. Avcouple of
months ago blighty learned how to open the screen in my bedroom. I walked in and saw them sitting outside the window. I nearly had a heart attack. Brought them in quick smart and my ex put some cardboard between the two sliding screens and now they can't open them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How we spoil our cats. Avcouple of
months ago blighty learned how to open the screen in my bedroom. I walked in and saw them sitting outside the window. I nearly had a heart attack. Brought them in quick smart and my ex put some cardboard between the two sliding screens and now they can't open them.
yes, i love spoiling my cats. i'm most happy when i'm making them happy.

oh, my! i think i would have had a heart attack, had it been my cats sitting on the outside of a window! cats are so smart like that! my snick figured out how to open cabinets (kitchen or bathroom ones), even ones with those magnetic closures on them. so i have various sized plastic canisters with lids (you know, like to store flour and sugar in) on the floor in front of each set of cabinet doors now. i tell my snick that she's too smart for her own good!

my screens are the type that slide down, not sideways. most of mine are also the old style aluminum mesh kind, and they have parts that click/lock into place at the sides of their bottoms. well, i have one window that has a screen that opens by sliding sideways, in my bathroom. but neither cat uses that window because it's so high up, and there's not enough room for them to sit in the sill.

a couple fried eggs, then about an hour later some mini pretzels and the last of the pistachio pudding -- my lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.