What's the last thing you ate - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Memorial Day main meal - salad of romaine, celery, scallion, tomato and cucumber, smoked tri-tip that we had a marinade on and refrigerated overnight with a fresh homemade salsa. Boiled cauliflower. 2 skewers of grilled veggies brushed with 1 tablespoon of Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing (crimini mushrooms, zucchini and red bell pepper). 1 serving of a homemade strawberry-rhubarb-banana pie (using the last of the rhubarb I froze from our patch, last Fall). 1 serving of a vanilla raw milk kefir. Coffee.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tin of smoked oysters, a grass-fed sugar-free beefstick, a scallion.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Stewball!  Anchovies! I love them, especially on Cesar salad. I need to get some anchovies, I think my big tin has seen better days. Maybe I'll go to the deli this week.
They're a bit too fishy for me but knock yourself out. ;-)

D

Deleted member 73596

Pepperoni pizza. Soon to come, birthday cake :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 73596

Here too. It's still really warm at almost 10 pm and just started raining so I had to close windows.

I ate a peach danish.
Rain... what is this thing you call rain?

Translation: here in PA we aren't getting rain.

Cake.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell me about it. You on the east coast?
yes, in northern NY State. we did get some rain in the late afternoon which started things cooling down and at least temporarily broke the humidity. the rain was not forecast for us here, and was probably due to the unstable weather (as i call it) when we get unusually hot weather early in the season.

it's now just under 70 degrees F here. i've got some windows open that i'll wait until just before bed to close, so we'll cool the house down as much as possible before starting the overnight.

some colby cheese.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here too. It's still really warm at almost 10 pm and just started raining so I had to close windows.

I ate a peach danish.
we had rain in the late afternoon here, which broke the humidity for a short while and started things cooling down. i left most of my windows open during the rain, just closed one window that the rain was hitting the screen in. i figure that if the rain is coming pretty much straight down and not coming in the windows, i'll leave them open and keep the air coming in. it's just under 70 degrees F here now at almost 10:30pm. i'll leave the last few windows open until just before i go to bed. i'm hoping that tonight and tomorrow morning aren't going to be as humid and uncomfortable as last night and morning. my cats are just now reviving enough from the heat and humidity of earlier today to have an appetite.

will have a ham and mustard sandwich as soon as the sliced ham thaws enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.