What's the last thing you ate - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when the kids were small I baked, cooked, made jams, made granola etc. I stopped when I'd got divorced and the kids were in the army. No point for me. I made the hot milk cake at 5am as I couldn't sleep. After I washed up I made mac and cheese for the 3rd time in my life. I'd better get more ingredients in for the nights I don't sleep. Problem is my back. It hurts a lot when I stand for sometime. Still it all came out b tasty
my back hurts when i wash the dishes. it's the leaning over just slightly and staying in that position while i wash the dishes that causes my back to hurt.

it's hard to beat homemade, home cooked meals and desserts!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend contacted them about it and their answer was "if it says best before, it means just that...that it is best before that date not that it is expired" and they will still sell it in their clearance section. They claim they pull all the expired food but they don't. I found expired mayonnaise on their shelf a couple months ago that was marked at 50% off. I was annoyed because I needed it but didn't want to buy expired (I had bought expired mayo from them about a month before because I had forgotten to check the date but it was a different one). I asked them on Facebook about it and they said they would remove it right away and later that week it was still there. When I told them again, they deleted my post. A lot of people complain about them selling expired food and it's a very expensive grocery store. I don't like going there but it's our only option other than this really small store or going into the city. 
write letters to the newspapers. If there's more than just you complaining about the shop they won't be too happy. .
you'd be surprised how well it works. Just don't use your name.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also prefer home cooked and baked goods but that somebody else should do it for me!!!!!
my back aches 99.99999% of time.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Fresh green salad with beets, colored peppers, red onion, almonds and seeds and shaved Parmesan. Grilled marinated asparagus, grilled jumbo shrimp scampi. For afters fresh blueberries, rasberries, diced peaches, topped with vanilla yogurt. I was off today so I got creative. Green tea with honey on ice. It is 75 degrees and sunny! Yes I had to share the shrimp with diva cat Miss Purdy, who apparently loves shrimp in garlic sauce! Who knew?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 73596

Haystacks - tacos with fried rice instead of shells.

Last edited by a moderator:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be sorry or worry about my back. I should be used it. Any news regarding Jason?
i'm still trying to get the shelter's may clinic dates and locations. i just left another message today on their answering machine -- they never answer the phone. very frustrating...but will keep at it.

i had some cocktail peanuts a short while ago.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm still trying to get the shelter's may clinic dates and locations. i just left another message today on their answering machine -- they never answer the phone. very frustrating...but will keep at it.

i had some cocktail peanuts a short while ago.
it's bloody frustrating.
What are 'cocktail' peanuts?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning a slice of my cake and a cup of coffee in my new mauve cup.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 applegate uncured beef hot dogs, 1 slice blue marble jack cheese, miracle noodles ziti, as a one pot glop, 1 oz. half and half with my one strong cup of coffee of the day :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's bloody frustrating.
What are 'cocktail' peanuts?
well, i just left yet another message at the shelter. i did explain in my message that i'm wanting to get jasper his annual and shots as well as adopt him this month. and i explained that my grocery shopping has to be the same day (what ever day it ends up being) as jasper's clinic/adoption day, because i don't drive and have to arrange transportation. i'll keep on it, i'm very good at this kind of thing.

cocktail peanuts are cooked in oil and are salted, though these days they come in lightly salted and unsalted too. here's a link to the planters nuts & seeds website, to their info about their cocktail peanuts --  http://www.planters.com/varieties/nutrition-information.aspx?Site=1&Product=2900007212   it shows a pic of the cocktail peanuts can too, which you may recognize.

i had a bowl of cereal with milk -- i slept late, so that was breakfast today.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i just left yet another message at the shelter. i did explain in my message that i'm wanting to get jasper his annual and shots as well as adopt him this month. and i explained that my grocery shopping has to be the same day (what ever day it ends up being) as jasper's clinic/adoption day, because i don't drive and have to arrange transportation. i'll keep on it, i'm very good at this kind of thing.

cocktail peanuts are cooked in oil and are salted, though these days they come

in lightly salted and unsalted too. here's a link to the planters nuts & seeds website, to their info about their cocktail peanuts --  http://www.planters.com/varieties/nutrition-information.aspx?Site=1&Product=2900007212  it

shows a pic of the cocktail peanuts can too, which you may recognize.

i had a bowl of cereal with milk -- i slept
late, so that was breakfast today.
I don't recognize anything but the salted caramel look good.
Jasper. Sorry I got his name wrong. There was a jasper Tudor so I'll try to remember.
I found and bought Taste of the Wild grain free dry food. Have you heard of it?
I'm very p's off about this rigmarole they're putting you through. You'd think they don't want cats adopted. Well keep up with good work nagging them. Hugs.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't recognize anything but the salted caramel look good.
Jasper. Sorry I got his name wrong. There was a jasper Tudor so I'll try to remember.
I found and bought Taste of the Wild grain free dry food. Have you heard of it?
I'm very p's off about this rigmarole they're putting you through. You'd think they don't want cats adopted. Well keep up with good work nagging them. Hugs.
there were varieties of planters peanuts that i didn't know existed. i'm not sure i'd like the salted caramel ones. i recently bought a can of honey roasted peanuts and thought they were too sweet for my taste. that's unusual for me, but i guess i don't eat much candy......it's very rare that i'll eat candy anymore.

well, off to make my lunch. i've got a mini pie plate with the last of the pie crust dough lining it, and will make a simple and easy quiche with that.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there were varieties of planters peanuts that i didn't know existed. i'm not sure i'd like the salted caramel ones. i recently bought a can of honey roasted peanuts and thought they were too sweet for my taste. that's unusual for me, but i guess i don't eat much candy......it's very rare that i'll eat candy anymore.

well, off to make my lunch. i've got a mini pie plate with the last of the pie crust dough lining it, and will make a simple and easy quiche with that.
[/quote

Yummy.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

[/quote

Yummy.
oh, i forgot to put in my reply about taste of the wild dry cat food. yes, i've served my cats taste of the wild rocky mountain feline formula -- both dry and wet foods. i feel that taste of the wild cat foods are good quality, and my cats enjoyed eating it too. currently i don't serve much dry cat food to snick and jasper, but one of the canned cat foods that both cats like (snick absolutely adores it) is the taste of the wild. i hope your whisky and blighty like it!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i forgot to put in my reply about taste of the wild dry cat food. yes, i've served my cats taste of the wild rocky mountain feline formula -- both dry and wet foods. i feel that taste of the wild cat foods are good quality, and my cats enjoyed eating it too. currently i don't serve much dry cat food to snick and jasper, but one of the canned cat foods that both cats like (snick absolutely adores it) is the taste of the wild. i hope your whisky and blighty like it!
Thank you. You have eased my worried heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.