What's the last absent minded thing you did?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I gotta write this one down.....List, bags, money......lol.    That turning around thing.....lol.....What is worse is the reaction from your animals who have just seen you leave.....and  then you are back in less than 10 minutes.  I wonder what they are thinking?

It is funny because we'll drive back up the driveway and I'll park the car while Rick goes inside to get whatever he forgot. And the cats are usually either in the window or in the cat tree and everybody watches us drive up. They'll watch Rick get out of the car and walk over to the door. And I can see their heads swivel when Rick goes into the house. Then they watch him leave again. I just know they're wondering just what the heck we're doing sometimes. Heck, WE wonder what the heck we're doing sometimes!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earlier today I was going to make myself a cup of coffee in the one cup Keurig. When I put in the little cup with the coffee in it, I couldn't get a hole punched in it. When I took it out I discovered that the plastic cup it fits in was missing. The day before yesterday, hubby had used it and when I emptied out the used cup, I had taken the whole thing out and pitched in the trash. I am just glad I discovered it before we put out our trash in the morning for pickup. Whew. That would have been a costly mistake.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...you have to post this on the "what conversation have you had with your cat" thread, too.  Because you know they might very well be taking bets on the time it takes your husband to turn around and come back.  Mine just kind of look at me like,  hmmm,  back so soon?

.... When I took it out I discovered that the plastic cup it fits in was missing. The day before yesterday, hubby had used it and when I emptied out the used cup, I had taken the whole thing out and pitched in the trash. I am just glad I discovered it before we put out our trash in the morning for pickup. Whew. That would have been a costly mistake.
Yes, I bet those engineers designed that on purpose, just so you would have to buy those plastic pieces.

Today, I absent mindedly hit the little "x" on the top right hand of the computer page I was viewing.  I did this maybe 3 times in one day.

What is up with that?   You would think I would have learned not to close it the first two times.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh.

Ever had one of those moments where you're so deep in thought, you are in clockwork mode?

Today I was preparing food for myself. As I was putting the pasta onto my plate, Jed came and asked for food. So I went to the kitchen, opened the fridge, took out his little food container with raw chicken in it, walked right out, and.... poured it over my pasta. 

He thought that was for him, so today he got meatball, pasta sauce, and ground chicken for dinner.

The funny thing is, when I snapped out of my zoning out, my first thought was "I gotta tell TCS about this".

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Fhi09  ...I am speechless about that one....
.....That is a "classic" zone-out. 
  I am sure your cat is hoping you do it again...lol.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh.

Ever had one of those moments where you're so deep in thought, you are in clockwork mode?

Today I was preparing food for myself. As I was putting the pasta onto my plate, Jed came and asked for food. So I went to the kitchen, opened the fridge, took out his little food container with raw chicken in it, walked right out, and.... poured it over my pasta. 

He thought that was for him, so today he got meatball, pasta sauce, and ground chicken for dinner.

The funny thing is, when I snapped out of my zoning out, my first thought was "I gotta tell TCS about this".
:lol3::lol3::lol3: That's a good one!

My most absent-minded moments normally come in the morning when I'm in a rush and still half-asleep. More than once I've put the butter and/or cream in the dishwasher and the dishes in the fridge.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Ugh.

That made me snort my coffee! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning, I was writing the new month on my dry erase calendar. I was writing the numbers.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 17, 18.  
 I stopped and stared at it for longer than I should admit before I figured out what was wrong with it. I knew it wasn't right, but wasn't quite sure why. 

Darn pregnancy brain.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just now I brought the wrong basket of clothes downstairs. :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning, I was writing the new month on my dry erase calendar. I was writing the numbers.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 17, 18.  :doh3:  I stopped and stared at it for longer than I should admit before I figured out what was wrong with it. I knew it wasn't right, but wasn't quite sure why. 

Darn pregnancy brain.
When I read these posts I'm afraid to say that I've done most of these things one time or another and I can't blame it on pregnancy!! It's just my normal brain!!
Yesterday I drove to where I run. I walked for 5 mins to warm up, looked down and realised I had put the wrong shoes on so I had to turn around and go home then start again. I also drove for a little while wondering why the car was squeeking a bit? Oops hand brake was on.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How about emptying my Dustbuster in trash ...dirt AND filter combo. Couldn't figure out why it sounded funny. ???? Got the filter thingie replaced (had to order it), but the poor thing was never the same...

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 Yesterday I drove to where I run. I walked for 5 mins to warm up, looked down and realised I had put the wrong shoes on so I had to turn around and go home then start again. I also drove for a little while wondering why the car was squeeking a bit? Oops hand brake was on.
Ohhh,  @Tammat, I gotta say that leaving the hand brake on, is another ""classic" one.

I have now twice in one month, left the gas cap door open, luckily my car has that strap attaching the gas cap to the car, and for some reason I remember to tighten the cap, but not close the door.
People beep at me , and then I realize it.

I think you will eventually have to call this thread...."what not to do, when your mind wanders."....LOL

How about emptying my Dustbuster in trash ...dirt AND filter combo. Couldn't figure out why it sounded funny. ???? Got the filter thingie replaced (had to order it), but the poor thing was never the same...
I hate it when bagless,  suddenly becomes more expensive.   Atleast you figured out what was wrong.  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have now twice in one month, left the gas cap door open, luckily my car has that strap attaching the gas cap to the car, and for some reason I remember to tighten the cap, but not close the door.
People beep at me , and then I realize it.
A few years back I was at the gas station when someone drove off with the nozzle still in their car!  It looks like they've made the long tubes so they will break off if you do that.  I'd be so embarrassed!  I'm glad DH usually fills up my car for me!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep pushing my glasses up my nose while they're actually on the top of my head!