What's the last absent minded thing you did?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:

I haven't done anything silly lately. Having just said that it's bound to happen now.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absent-mindedness is very rare for me, but that said...it's been a long week at work. Yesterday I bought a water, paid and totally forgot my keys on the counter. Not really a big deal given that I work there but that's how I realized I was unusually tired lol.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came to stay for the weekend at my daughter's and at bed time realised I'd left my nighty and clean underwear at home.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes when I cook rice I use chicken broth instead of water. The ones I use come in packets that you then squeeze the thick, creamy broth out into warm water. Today I emptied a whole packet of the broth into the kitchen trash and tossed the empty packet into the rice cooker.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes when I cook rice I use chicken broth instead of water. The ones I use come in packets that you then squeeze the thick, creamy broth out into warm water. Today I emptied a whole packet of the broth into the kitchen trash and tossed the empty packet into the rice cooker.
Oh no! How disappointing. The rice tastes so much better cooked in stock. Whatever makes us do these things? I wonder,

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l've occasionally found cutlery in the fridge. Who knows what l was thinking 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently I did not leave my nighty etc at home. The bag is 'somewhere' in my daughter's house!!!!!!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone thought they sent an email,  and patiently waited for a reply?   Then realized, the next day, that the email was never sent?..
...(due to the "try again later" message....being displayed.....but never going back and trying to resend it....thinking you had done it the first time around.) 

Ooops!  Thankfully it was not critical or time sensitive.  (note to self....start using more sticky notes around the computer....since memory is beginning to wander) 

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Has anyone thought they sent an email,  and patiently waited for a reply?   Then realized, the next day, that the email was never sent?..
...(due to the "try again later" message....being displayed.....but never going back and trying to resend it....thinking you had done it the first time around.) 

Ooops!  Thankfully it was not critical or time sensitive.  (note to self....start using more sticky notes around the computer....since memory is beginning to wander) 

YES!!!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just ordered something 'accidentally' from Amazon!
Hopefully I sorted it out before it was sent. I had to be phone England.
Have you ever had somebody at the other end of the line who u can't understand? So many excuse me's.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever had somebody at the other end of the line who u can't understand? So many excuse me's.
The telemarketers in Australia are rarely Australians so yes I absolutely understand. Glad you got your order sorted. Last time I ordered flea treatment I bought kitten food too. I have no idea how I managed to do that? I didn't want kitten food. I didn't even look at it :dk:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The telemarketers in Australia are rarely Australians so yes I absolutely understand. Glad you got your order sorted. Last time I ordered flea treatment I bought kitten food too. I have no idea how I managed to do that? I didn't want kitten food. I didn't even look at it :dk:
The kitten food could have been used for feral cats or given to your vet for hospitalised kitties.

Anyway I did it again. My phone mudt be ultra sensitive. This time it had the opportunity to cancel thank goodness. It was a man's wallet for over £200. My stomach churned until I saw the cancel button.
However I did buy me a leather purse - English word not meaning handbag. I hope it is as it says. £20. I'll go to my sister and she'll bring it together with 2 leather collars for whisky and blighty.
I've been bitten by mosquitos! Jolly itchy.
What delicious meal are you making for supper tonight or lsdt night. What time and day is it. It's Tuesday 24th 3.25 pm here.
:wavey:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
VERY common occurrence here in the US.

I just stuck an empty box of Kleenex in the fridge.  C'mon coffee, kick in!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
VERY common occurrence here in the US.

I just stuck an empty box of Kleenex in the fridge.  C'mon coffee, kick in!
I ordered some leather cat colours for whisky and blighty from amazon. As I'm here and they're there my purchases go to my sister. I just spoke to her and she opened the packets and then there was silence and then she came back and told me she'd put one of the collars to her ear instead of then phone! Of course she is older than me :D

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered some leather cat colours for whisky and blighty from amazon. As I'm here and they're there my purchases go to my sister. I just spoke to her and she opened the packets and then there was silence and then she came back and told me she'd put one of the collars to her ear instead of then phone! Of course she is older than me :D
Collars not colours. Oops. :lol3:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty much anywhere you call here. The cell phone company is the WORST ever, I can never understand them.