What's the dirtiest place in your house?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The family room in the (finished) basement. The easiest spooked cats live in the basement (former ferals Tab & Slinky, along w/ Ophelia & chicken Gumby). To vacuum in there you must somehow chase them from the room & into another room w/ a door in which to shut them in. If you don't they attack you tooth & nail when you turn the vacuum on.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever heard of the Fly Lady? This is an interesting site on easy ways to clean your house and then small things you can do from day to day to keep it organized. I've learned so much from her. If you've already heard of her, I apologize. I love her site.

http://www.flylady.net/

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

Roommates room. Looks like a garbage dump threw up in there. Literally. So yeah, I don't go in there.

That, and his bathroom.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but my kitchen floor has gotten pretty bad.
It's so difficult for me to bend to clean it, since my back has gotten so bad.
I used to hire a girl to help out with the cleaning & all, but since our finances have gotten so tight I haven't used her for awhile now.
As soon as they improve, I'm gonna have her come over to give the floor a good scrubbing!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I didn't answer the question when I posted before about the lemon juice.

I would say the dirtiest place in my house by far is the attic. It's gross up there. We had some squatters up there too for a while... I say squatters, because I do not remember ever signing a lease for critters to live up there, and they certinaly didn't pay rent. They left though, now that the orange tree is done. And when we get a new roof next month, they won't be able to come back in. HA!

If we're talking in the living areas of the house, I would say floors. The carpeted floors really, which are both bedrooms and the pink bathroom off the master bedroom. I just hate the vacuum cleaner as much as the cats do!!
Kitchen floor is made of an old linoleum pattern which hides dirt very, very well. So I don't do that often either. So if I drop anything, I don't even go by the 5 second rule.
The hardwood floors I sweep and Bona regularly though. At least I'm good with about half the floors!!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I would have to say the garage. None of it is real clean at the moment, but I'm working on it. I spent the last two weekends cleaning the downstairs, and this weekend I'm gonna start on the upstairs. The dirtiest place used to be DH's bathroom (I wouldn't go in it without a hazmat suit), but he actually cleaned it and its not too bad now.