What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My daughter walked. Very, very happy mommy here today. 
 She was over 10 weeks premature but is not letting that hold her back at all.
Congrats that's awesome!!  They are so cute when they first learn to toddle around; all wobbly and what not. 

My step-dad gave DH one of his tool boxes from work.  it's pretty awesome. lol  Step-dad works in the Aviation industry as an inspector; the tool box is huge, made for bigger tools and things. It's so heavy and big he had to rent a trailer from U-haul to get it here and then it left grooves in our gravel driveway when he rolled it up into the garage!!  DH can't wait to put it to use!  The top is low enough to make a nice work area too!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got another house cleaning client today. "Just one more & I'll be booked!"  (& I only started this in March/April after being laid off in February!)

I now have 6 biweeklies for Tues, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, &  one once a month person. I also have someone interested in every Friday. If that happens, I'll be full! Yay!!

(I kept my Mondays off to recoup from the previous week, & to still be able to fit in any of my massage & waxing clients)
 (& my hairdresser that I trade with!)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I got another house cleaning client today. "Just one more & I'll be booked!"  (& I only started this in March/April after being laid off in February!)

I now have 6 biweeklies for Tues, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, &  one once a month person. I also have someone interested in every Friday. If that happens, I'll be full! Yay!!

(I kept my Mondays off to recoup from the previous week, & to still be able to fit in any of my massage & waxing clients)
 (& my hairdresser that I trade with!)
Good for you, Kelly.  I remember when you started this venture.

I found a lovely man to come and build a much needed fence for about half the going rate, and my friend's husband offered to come an help me clear and take away the rubbish to cut the cost even more.  I think helping each other out is always such a blessing, and I'm learning to say yes when people offer. So I'm grateful for all those things.

sonadora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine is little: after saying for a week that I'm going to do it, I finally stripped my bed and put the sheets and blankets in the wash. Now the bed will be extra comfy when I go to sleep.
Hey, you know. That's the best feeling in the world, right there. Add one or two (or three or four...ok five) purring furballs and everything is golden. 

I went to this awesome concert last night. and still haven't stopped doing this ------->

terianne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both me and my husband have quit smoking and started a more healthier diet and exercise program.  Wish us luck...we've failed so many times before...hoping and praying this time we succeed.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good for you, Kelly.  I remember when you started this venture.

I found a lovely man to come and build a much needed fence for about half the going rate, and my friend's husband offered to come an help me clear and take away the rubbish to cut the cost even more.  I think helping each other out is always such a blessing, and I'm learning to say yes when people offer. So I'm grateful for all those things.
Thanks Mani!!  Yes, I am so happy it's taken off, & all on referrals!  This new one came from one of my clients sending out an email to her neighbors & friends for me, letting them know I had a spot open, if anyone was interested. She said that I was "a delight, & a good cleaner."
  That was really nice of her!

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hasn't happened yet, but I am going to Halloween Haunt at Canada's Wonderland tonight. Sooooo excited. 
 Baby free night.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter walked. Very, very happy mommy here today. :D  She was over 10 weeks premature but is not letting that hold her back at all.
(I kept my Mondays off to recoup from the previous week, & to still be able to fit in any of my massage & waxing clients) :)  (& my hairdresser that I trade with!)
Good for you. If you lived anywhere near me I'd book you.
Yay. How old is she?

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back to work last night after being out ill for 2 weeks & had an unusually smooth shift, for a change! Was not as tired when got home so made it easier on me fetching groceries. Little blessings count alot, don't they?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a music box ballerina today for a fundraiser. Was placed on a platform, completely still, and whenever someone donated coins I would dance for them with music for a bit before freezing again. It was a neat experience! It was at a craft show.

Favourite moment was dancing for this one little girl who was completely enthralled - so sweet!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was a music box ballerina today for a fundraiser. Was placed on a platform, completely still, and whenever someone donated coins I would dance for them with music for a bit before freezing again. It was a neat experience! It was at a craft show.

Favourite moment was dancing for this one little girl who was completely enthralled - so sweet!

Never heard of that but that is awesome!

We went out to eat at a buffet and it was very good!  Had alot of anxiety this am for no real reason but once we got on road I was ok.  Also came home to nothing disturbed by the dogs:)!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
How nice to read about all these moments in everybody's lives.   

I had an uneventful, quiet day to myself--a needed break from the busy-ness of life.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

That's lovely!  Were you wearing a music box ballerina tutu?

Status
Not open for further replies.