What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

writingislove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We put an offer in on a house we're in love with.  Now it's the crossed-fingers waiting game...

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We went to a GREAT Halloween party last night. We belong to a meet-up group, and we met at a stranger's house; we only knew one other member from other parties--yet we had a blast, and they were all very nice people! My 18th C. costume was a big hit, and to top it off, the hostess had 2 great cats and a wonderful golden Retriever, who were so friendly.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH found a Cozy Coupe on someone's curb for free yesterday.  (The little red and yellow car for kids that you push with your feet, Flintstones style).  My DD has wanted one for almost as long as she has been alive.  I had to pry her out of one in Walmart before.  Her buddy from next door brings his over sometimes and she just has sooo much fun!  Now she has her own!  I did some cleaning of it today and showed her; she was SOOO happy!!  I got her reaction on video since DH was at work.  Too cute!

Hallmark has an ornament of the Cozy Coupe this year.  I've already got it for our tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
DH found a Cozy Coupe on someone's curb for free yesterday.  (The little red and yellow car for kids that you push with your feet, Flintstones style).  My DD has wanted one for almost as long as she has been alive.  I had to pry her out of one in Walmart before.  Her buddy from next door brings his over sometimes and she just has sooo much fun!  Now she has her own!  I did some cleaning of it today and showed her; she was SOOO happy!!  I got her reaction on video since DH was at work.  Too cute!

Hallmark has an ornament of the Cozy Coupe this year.  I've already got it for our tree.
That's awesome! :clap: My father was a milkman and occasionally made some good finds also. :)

Got my glasses ordered and as opposed to my last visit to look at frames it was a nice easy, quick choice yesterday.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome!
My father was a milkman and occasionally made some good finds also.

Got my glasses ordered and as opposed to my last visit to look at frames it was a nice easy, quick choice yesterday.
I hate glasses shopping sometimes.  Partly because it's so hard to see what they look like on me without getting all up in the mirror.  But Lensecrafters has a web cam thing now where they'll take your picture and put them up side by side to compare.  Much easier!  Not cheaper...but oh well! lol  

My positive of the day is that so far my son has not tried to hop out of his crib again.  He did it after nap time yesterday and it's just now nap time so I'm crossing my fingers!!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hate glasses shopping sometimes.  Partly because it's so hard to see what they look like on me without getting all up in the mirror.  But Lensecrafters has a web cam thing now where they'll take your picture and put them up side by side to compare.  Much easier!  Not cheaper...but oh well! lol  

My positive of the day is that so far my son has not tried to hop out of his crib again.  He did it after nap time yesterday and it's just now nap time so I'm crossing my fingers!!
OH, you just reminded me of my daughter when she was a baby. She never sat still, or slept, and was always on the go. She could run at 7 months, and could hand-over-hand out of her crib at 10 months. At 10 months old she got out of the screen door one day when l was in the laundry room, and l was looking all over the house for her - l had no idea she'd got out!!  A still-unknown man passing the neighbour's house stopped his car to pick her up as she was running down the road in her footie sleeper and took her to the neighbour, who brought her home! How differently things could have turned out!

So my thankful for today is we're all here and healthy and have some funny/not-so-funny memories. (She's 29 now)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OH, you just reminded me of my daughter when she was a baby. She never sat still, or slept, and was always on the go. She could run at 7 months, and could hand-over-hand out of her crib at 10 months. At 10 months old she got out of the screen door one day when l was in the laundry room, and l was looking all over the house for her - l had no idea she'd got out!!  A still-unknown man passing the neighbour's house stopped his car to pick her up as she was running down the road in her footie sleeper and took her to the neighbour, who brought her home! How differently things could have turned out!

So my thankful for today is we're all here and healthy and have some funny/not-so-funny memories. (She's 29 now)
Oh my goodness!  So you mean I will survive this stage then? 
  My DD is 3 and she didn't care to give up her crib till a few months ago when we bought her a real twin bed.  She never had an interest in climbing like that.  I'm still not sure exactly how he got out.  He has fallen off the couch, on his head, and not shed a tear.  He might whine and put his hand on his head; but that's it.  Funny thing is; he's my snuggle bug! 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did very well on one of the hardest exams of the semester! I'm stoked!

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did very well on one of the hardest exams of the semester! I'm stoked!
Congratulations! That is awesome :)
Mine is little: after saying for a week that I'm going to do it, I finally stripped my bed and put the sheets and blankets in the wash. Now the bed will be extra comfy when I go to sleep.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter walked. Very, very happy mommy here today. 
 She was over 10 weeks premature but is not letting that hold her back at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.