What's on your grocery list this week?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
once i start my new job i do plan to start buying in bulk. I am gonna buy a membership to sams club. My mom has one..heh but we want our own. We dont have much room in our freezer but When we move i plan on getting a cheap used chest freezer so I can cook ahead too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

once i start my new job i do plan to start buying in bulk. I am gonna buy a membership to sams club. My mom has one..heh but we want our own. We dont have much room in our freezer but When we move i plan on getting a cheap used chest freezer so I can cook ahead too
that's what we did- you will really save money that way too!!! we recently got an upright freezer (frost free- so we don't have to defrost it an all that garbage- we got ours at best buy- colin had some gift certificates for there(his brother works there) so he saved those up and got one a few weeks ago.) We LOVE it- we can buy things in bulk at Costco or the grocery when they're on sale and save that way. Also- if you don't already get the Sunday paper with cupons- get it!!! It takes maybe 10 minutes once a week to go through them -and the money you save at the grocery store really adds up!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the farmers market for lunch and picked up some green onions for mom and some lamb burger and lamb chops for me ... Tonight is some kind of fancy cod and umm what ever I think up

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only buy as much as I can carry, but my grocery list right now is mainly butter. And dr pepper.
I go to the store a couple times a week.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cat food.
Cat food.
Litter.
Litter.

Oh, and I guess DH and get something to eat after we take care of the cats' needs...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Cat food.
Cat food.
Litter.
Litter.

Oh, and I guess DH and get something to eat after we take care of the cats' needs...
you should have seen the look on our cashier's face last night when for a few minutes there all that came across her belt was cat food
i'm sure she though i was one of those crazy cat ladies...gee i don't know where she'd ever get that idea

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to put sunflower seeds on my list!!

Today at one store we bought:
Dry roasted peanuts-lightly salted (for me to carry in the truck)
cashews
filberts
raw almonds
I mix this with plain pecans and walnuts and Neil bring a couple tablespoons of them to work as a snack

At the grocery store

Brown sugar
molasses
cereal
oj
cooking oil spray
milk-skim and chocolate
deli food for supper!!
Crossiants for breakfast
Yummy chocolate silk pie (never shop hungry)

Yesterday at garden fair I bought hydroponic cherry tomatoes, maple syrup cream and creamed honey (again yummy)
Also at local cheese shop:
Extra fresh cheddar
fresh cheese curds
turkey summer sausage

That's enough for a while !!
My chest freezer is packed full of meat and veggies already!!