What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your move.

This dinner sounds a lot like one I make, except I mix Uncle Ben's Wild Rice mix (original recipe) into the baking dish about about twenty minutes after starting the drumsticks.

silvercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A big Super Bowl Sunday feast with friends- BBQ chicken sandwiches, chips and dip, popcorn, Caesar salad, and of course smoked salmon. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers from our Super Bowl dinner....not much left though.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We went to a place that smokes fish while we were away and have quite a bit in the refrigerator. It will be salad with either smoked scallops and shrimp for me and smoked arctic char for Aaron. I need to get to the store for salad fixings. :nod:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the difference between what did we eat and what's for dinner?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Again? Yum.
No, that was my post from 3 days ago. I wish I had Chinese food again, I love it. It's too expensive to eat often.

Tonight, we had stuffed chicken breast (with mushrooms and some kind of cream sauce), mashed potatoes, peas (well my daughter and hubby did) and garlic bread.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, that was my post from 3 days ago. I wish I had Chinese food again, I love it. It's too expensive to eat often.

Tonight, we had stuffed chicken breast (with mushrooms and some kind of cream sauce), mashed potatoes, peas (well my daughter and hubby did) and garlic bread.
If they had such a glorious meal what did you have?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Battered fish that my husband caught with a salad of mixed leaves, tomato wedges, avocado, Spanish stuffed olives and toasted flaked almonds. We think this salad goes really well with fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tammat, I think that salad would go well with anything.

Tonight will be sweet & sour pork with fried rice. The pork is what was left over from our Christmas crown roast. I just got it out of the freezer last night and stuck it in the fridge to thaw. I need to get it used up.

One of my son's ex-GFs was Japanese and she taught me how to make good fried rice, although my son makes better fried rice than I do. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they had such a glorious meal what did you have?
I had the same thing, just no peas. I hate peas, but my daughter loves them. She eats them one at a time and it takes a long time.

Tonight for dinner, I took out ground beef. I have no idea what I am going to do with it yet. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad didn't like peas but he ate them before the rest of his meal. My 40 year old baby girl doesn't like them. I like the baby sweet ones.
The rest of the meal sounds lovely. Does the baby eat the chicken as well!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to laugh catlover19-my sister would do the same but only cause she would hope my Mom would get tired of her.  But Mom was always very fair and did not give her much at all.  She also would do fries one at a time with a story for each.  That was something to see on our rare mc'ds trips.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad didn't like peas but he ate them before the rest of his meal. My 40 year old baby girl doesn't like them. I like the baby sweet ones.
The rest of the meal sounds lovely. Does the baby eat the chicken as well!
She had a plate of chicken, potatoes and peas and I gave her a bit of my garlic bread. She loves chicken. 

Had to laugh catlover19-my sister would do the same but only cause she would hope my Mom would get tired of her.  But Mom was always very fair and did not give her much at all.  She also would do fries one at a time with a story for each.  That was something to see on our rare mc'ds trips.
I give my daughter a big spoonful because she likes them. She can't figure out how to scoop them onto the spoon, they just roll off so she eats them with her fingers. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Tonight is a replay of last night. Smoked fish/scallops/shrimp with salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.