What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too. Got divorced. The kids.were.in the army. I got home shattered at 8pm.with just enough energy for .that.and then to bed.
12 years I bet been retired.now.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sauteed chicken breast , broccoli, cauliflower and carrot. My husband has a terrible cold so I made him some garlic bread and I made a cream garlic sauce for the chicken. Lots of garlic to boost his immune system.

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Tammat  there was a time about two years ago when I got a bad cold that the medicine wasn't touching. I found garlic as a solution online. I ate raw garlic twice, and the cold almost magically disappeared. Since then, we keep garlic tablets at home and take them as daily supplements.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
T
Thanks sounds easy I will try, I always have spinach onion and bacon around. No bread crumbs??
You can sprinkle some bread crumbs on top, if you'd like. Or maybe some Panko mixed in with some extra Parm to sprinkle over the top as it would be a little crunchier.

Tonight's dinner will be grilled ham. And, I will be roasting the first butternut squash from the garden! 
Cut, peel, and cube (at least a good 1-1/2 inches in size). Mix with kosher salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 425 degrees F for about 30 minutes or so, til the cubes are nice and caramelized. A quick sprinkle of parsley and it's good to go.

I'm so excited! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took out pork chops for dinner tonight. I think have a can of cream of mushroom soup, I think I will cook them in that and serve with mashed potatoes. I just don't have the energy to cook much anymore. I'm hoping today is going to be my last day being pregnant. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I took out pork chops for dinner tonight. I think have a can of cream of mushroom soup, I think I will cook them in that and serve with mashed potatoes. I just don't have the energy to cook much anymore. I'm hoping today is going to be my last day being pregnant. 
OMGosh, you're due now? I didn't realize. Good luck! I wish you all the best! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMGosh, you're due now? I didn't realize. Good luck! I wish you all the best! 
Thanks. I'm due in 2 weeks but I'm having some blood pressure problems so I am hoping the doctor will induce me tomorrow after my appointment or early next week (since I doubt it will happen over the weekend). My daughter was born 10 weeks early mostly because of my blood pressure rising. I think this little boy is going to be big, 6 weeks ago he was measuring approximately 4 pounds 5 ounces. My daughter was born at 2 pounds 2 ounces.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best wishes to you...brought back some memories of my career as a high risk labor and delivery rn :)

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you have a speedy delivery![emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji]

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Homemade taco salad tonight. Lettuce, black beans, spicy sautéed chicken, fresh cilantro, tomato, and ranch dressing. Bonus is to crumble up Doritos on top.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pot roast tonight, well, my version of pot roast.

I put it all in the crock pot this morning. Potatoes, carrots, little pearl onions, roasted tomatoes, and the beef. I seasoned the beef well; I use Emeril's Rustic Rub seasoning (I make it myself and halve the amount of the salt) and then added a good teaspoon of my tomato powder over the whole thing. Mixed the roasted tomatoes with one cup of red wine and poured it over everything. Put it on High while I was at home, then turned it to Low before I came into work. The crock pot is in the basement on top of the dryer, cooking our dinner. When I get home, I'll add some fresh sliced mushrooms to the mix. 

We'll be hungry tonight and won't have dinner until after 7:00. This way I don't have to make dinner after working outside.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Pot roast tonight, well, my version of pot roast.

I put it all in the crock pot this morning. Potatoes, carrots, little pearl onions, roasted tomatoes, and the beef. I seasoned the beef well; I use Emeril's Rustic Rub seasoning (I make it myself and halve the amount of the salt) and then added a good teaspoon of my tomato powder over the whole thing. Mixed the roasted tomatoes with one cup of red wine and poured it over everything. Put it on High while I was at home, then turned it to Low before I came into work. The crock pot is in the basement on top of the dryer, cooking our dinner. When I get home, I'll add some fresh sliced mushrooms to the mix. 

We'll be hungry tonight and won't have dinner until after 7:00. This way I don't have to make dinner after working outside.
You should be a contestant on top chefs!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sauteed chicken breast , broccoli, cauliflower and carrot.
My husband has a terrible cold so I made him some garlic bread and I made a cream garlic sauce for the chicken. Lots of garlic to boost his immune system.
sauteed chicken breast , broccoli, cauliflower and carrot. My husband has a terrible cold so I made

L him some garlic bread and I made a cream garlic sauce for the chicken. Lots of garlic to boost his immune system.
what about chicken soup. That's a must for a bad cold. Used to be called Jewish penicillin ;-)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you have a speedy delivery![emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]128118[/emoji]
That's a perfectly good meal.
I hope you have an easy delivery. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.