What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a family dinner tonight for my grandmas 95th birthday/Thanksgiving. There was so much food. Turkey, ham, cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes,stuffing, turnip, corn, frito salad, a salad my aunt always makes (not sure what it's called), jello salad, buns, veggie tray, pumpkin pie, apple pie and carrot cake. I'm sure I'm missing stuff, there was a lot.
Happy birthday Grandma. That's an awesome number. :clap:

We had pork medallions with a yummy green salad.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy Birthday to your Grandma! 

We're going to have omelets tonight with toasted English muffins. They're quick and easy, since we'll be outside until it gets dark (or it starts to rain, whichever comes first).

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade chicken and rice soup. I normally make my own broth when making soup, but this time I used store bought broth and just added all the soup ingredients.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was chilly, breezy, and rainy on Saturday. Wdown to 34 degrees F last night. It is to be sunny today, but chilly and breezy.
I took some cooked chopped chicken out of the freezer last night to thaw. Itlgood fall day for a dinner of chicken and waffles! :yummy:
chicken and 'waffles'?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork tenderloin in a terriyaki marinade, brussel sprgarlic butter and soy sauce, sour cream & chive mashed potatoes and seasoned grilled corn on Cobb.
apart from the pork it'sounds delicious.
you Americans eat a lot of pork don't you!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
apart from the pork it'sounds delicious.
you Americans eat a lot of pork don't you!
I'm not American, but here in Canada pork is much cheaper than buying chicken or beef and it goes on sale all the time. You can get pork for less than half the price of chicken or beef (unless you want cheap beef). 

My soup turned out pretty good tonight for using store bought broth. I used store bought because I had 4 boneless chicken thighs left in the freezer and wanted to make soup. Can't really make broth out of bonless skinless chicken thighs, it wouldn't have been very flavourful without the bones.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beef is truly outrageous, around here anyway. Rick has a friend who has a small farm down south. He said that he was seriously considering selling all of his beef cattle (and then starting over) because the prices for beef are so high right now. It would actually benefit him to do that right now.

I love pork. Today's pork is much lighter than beef, fat and calorie-wise, and it's really good. You don't have to cook it til it's leather anymore either; we actually prefer our pork a little on the medium side, not well-done; diseases like trichinosis aren't as common as they used to be, although they are still around. Rick and I do eat a lot of chicken and pork, more chicken than he would like. He's not a big chicken fan at all. He'll eat chicken soup or a creamed chicken dish (he loves my chicken pie, for example, and he really wolfed down the chicken and waffles on Sunday night), but he's not fond of bbq chicken or eating chicken pieces. He will, but he's never been crazy about chicken at all. But give him a pork chop stuffed with onions, apples, and raisins and he'll be your friend for life! 

Judy, what's wrong with waffles? Around here, and maybe it's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing?, we make a creamed chicken dish and serve it over waffles. My mom used to make her fried chicken and serve it with waffles sometimes, too. Rick's church has a turkey and waffle dinner from time to time to raise money and people come from miles for that dinner. Waffles are very common here, and not just for breakfast. I make my own; I have two recipes that I really like. And they are absurdly easy to make.

So, getting back on track (sorry for digressing), we are having baked ziti for dinner tonight. I made it last night after we had dinner, while I was cleaning the kitchen, so all I have to do tonight is throw it in the oven to bake.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesssss...made pork tenderloin,roasted.

first marinated with a concoction off justbento for Char Sui-chinese pork

roasted 400 degrees until reaches 160F-1 to 11/2 hour

put some brocoli florets in to roast

pork sits in pan in 1-2inches of hot water

tender-tasty

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs and chips, I mean fries.
@Winchester
it sounded strange, like you'll have pancakes for breakfast with bacon, yum.With maple syrup? I'd loveb come to America besides all the otherb reasons

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sauteed pork medallions with a salad of greens, snow peas, cherry tomato, red onion and lots of avocado topped with Italian dressing. The rest of the family will have garlic bread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.