What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I had that chicken breast, it was deelish!  I cut the rib meat and some other odd-sized pieces and gave that to the cats, then took the chunks and fried it in a pan sprayed with Pam and added to queso.  Totally bachelorette style eating, but it was awesome!  Stuffed now.  May have what's left of the beans later, there was no room at dinner even with sharing chicken with the cats.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yes like a breaded veal cutlet but chicken and frozen. French fries. The veggies you know right?
So you take a piece of chicken, breast or boneless thigh, pound it until it is flat, then roll it in flour, dip in egg, roll in bread crumbs and fry on low heat - is that it? That's how you make Wiener Schnitzel which is always served either with German potato salad or mashed potatoes (no gravy) and a green only salad with a vinagrette sauce and no other veggies. Some people serve all kinds of stuff with it, but this is the classic way.
I hope I wasn't rude regarding the vegetables.
Don't worry about it, there were a bunch of veggies I either had not heard of or had never eaten before I came to the US. Some of them I did not recognize their names until somebody showed them to me and then I knew what they were and thus had acquired a new word for my vocabulary. Avocados I had seen in the store but did not know what they were, now I can't eat breakfast unless I have half of one. Corn I would not eat because we considered it animal food as we did not know there were different kinds, the feed kind and the sweet corn, now I grow it in my garden every year. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thinking of glazed meat loaf on the grill. With a salad.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BBQ chicken with either grilled asparagus or steamed brocollini and a box mix of yellow rice with pink beans.
Had a busy day hence the box mix.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I biked for some Chinese takeout.  It was actually pretty good!  They changed owners and for a while it was terrible.  But this was OK.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tammat, I'd love to have a husband who fishes. We have a lot of trout around here and we all love trout. Our son used to fish when he lived at home. He cleaned them and then I'd cook them. Yum. Rick has said that when he retires he may take up fishing again. I hope so.

I think we're going to have vegetarian taco salads for dinner tonight.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to pick something up for dinner tonight. I was making pork chops, but they kept setting my bbq on fire so they were burnt and completely raw in the middle. I shouldn't be allowed to cook.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The vegetarian taco salads that we didn't have last night are on the menu for tonight. Rick wanted pizza last night....I had one piece. Just one. I swear. 

Status
Not open for further replies.