What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having some sort of stirfry.  I'm cooking a nice piece of top sirloin sous vide style this morning. When it is done will pan sear each side for about a minute in a bit of sesame seed oil, and then put away until dinner time.  I'll take my portion (hubby is not eating at same time as I tonight), slice it and make a veggie -cauliflower stir-fried rice to go with it, plus salad.  Not sure yet what for my carb.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Pasta with a mushroom, sweet pepper, onion and tomato sauce. I had a chicken sandwich for lunch and don't feel like having meat again today.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We are going to end up having spinach salads with apples, blue cheese, walnut, red onion, sausage and maple balsamic. Everything is made up and I'm just waiting for him to get home.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salad sounds Yummy Karen. I usually put fruit, nuts and cheese in my salads. They seem like a meal then and are quite satisfying.

We had roast chicken with a salad of mango, snow pea, tomato, red onion, cucumber and pine nuts. Tonight is pizza again.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had vegetable lasagna, a freezer entree. I was supposed to be meeting my BF for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant that he's been wanting to try for months. But he fell asleep, presumably right after I left for school this afternoon, and has yet to wake up. So typical! 

I expected as much when he didn't respond to my text messages soon after I got to school. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dinner didn't turn out very good. I didn't have any garlic (didn't realize it until I was already making it) so I substituted some garlic powder. It just wasn't the same. We ended up grabbing a pizza and put the stroganoff in the fridge. Even my daughter didn't want it and she usually loves it.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been on kick of hot dogs, onions, peppers and potatoes with cooked rice added in at end.  Not sure there is a name for it but I LOVE it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Making fettuccine with mushrooms and tomatoes. (Going back to having meatless once or twice a week again.) 
That was delicious last night! So good! If I make it again, I'm going to add a few sauteed, spiced shrimp to the mix. 

Not sure about tonight. I have a hair appt and til I get back home, Rick will have left for bowling. He said that he'd forage through the freezer, so we'll see what he finds.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LaraLove, that picture looks decadent!

Making fettuccine with mushrooms and tomatoes. (Going back to having meatless once or twice a week again.) 
It was wonderful. I posted the recipe in the recipe forum. 

I love making shrimp fettuccine with mushrooms, spinach, and grape tomatoes. And I've just learned how to make my own alfredo sauce recently (so easy!), so it's a go-to now.

Tonight my BF is making something to make-up for last night. Either Beef Bourguignon or Coq-au-vin. We'll see. 

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks yummy. 

We are having sausages tonight. I'm not sure what I am making as a side dish yet. Either caesar salad or potatoes cooked with onion, salt, pepper and a little oil.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm trying a new recipe for Tandoori spiced chicken tonight. I'm going to roast Brussels sprouts and some broccoli to have with it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ham and salad. My husband is preparing a crayfish ( lobster) he caught today. I used to love crayfish but I just don't anymore.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had ham, too. I tried out a new recipe for cheesy scalloped potatoes with ham and it was delicious! And lots of leftovers for lunch tomorrow :D

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If Aaron gets home from work early we are going out. If not, it will be leftovers from last night.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Think I'm having some leftover homemade Bombay curry sauce with a 6 oz. piece of cooked top round.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure. Rick said he would cook tonight, so whatever he decides to make. Or take out, as the case may be. All I know is that I don't have to cook tonight.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Phew, just made phyllo wrapped salmon fillets and steamed veges. What a hassle working with the phyllo! Delicious, but it will be a while before I want to go to the effort again.

Status
Not open for further replies.