What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be a low carb dinner for me - think big salad with romaine, raw cauliflower, scallion and celery, and for a protein - lamb and rosemary sausage made by a local british theme butcher we like as they have excellent items they make themselves, some, such as these sausages, are sugar/starch free. If I'm really hungry, may add a bit of cheese to the salad or have some miracle noodles rice.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just concocted some pork chops with apples, leeks and thyme in a champagne sauce (left over from New Years).  It's finishing cooking right now in the oven (pan fried first).  Having  herb roasted small white potatoes with it.  Hope it comes out ok.  Smells great.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just concocted some pork chops with apples, leeks and thyme in a champagne sauce (left over from New Years).  It's finishing cooking right now in the oven (pan fried first).  Having  herb roasted small white potatoes with it.  Hope it comes out ok.  Smells great.
I was planning on doing pork chops with apples tonight but (having never made it before) realized I have the wrong apples. So I'm going to have to pull together a different pork chop recipe. I think I'll just cook the pork up in the pan while roasting some vegetables. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I was planning on doing pork chops with apples tonight but (having never made it before) realized I have the wrong apples. So I'm going to have to pull together a different pork chop recipe. I think I'll just cook the pork up in the pan while roasting some vegetables. 
What kind of apples do you have?  I just used the Gala's I had on hand, they worked well enough.  Not even sure what kind you "should" use.  Probably whatever you prefer. I'm picky about my apples lol.

Roasting in a pan w/veggies sounds nice also.  Might try that the next time I make them.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything here sounds so yummy! I've almost finished the turkey frame soup I made, and great that I had so much of it! Been under the weather with sinuses, ear infection, and bronchitis so homemade turkey soup was right on target.

rambo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We ate a big late lunch, so i am just chowing down on a santa fe salad right now :) I wanted chicken in it but I am at work and limited lol ! 

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been busy all day and don't feel like cooking, so I ate half a container of hummus with toasted flour tortillas. DH can fend for himself!

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What kind of apples do you have?  I just used the Gala's I had on hand, they worked well enough.  Not even sure what kind you "should" use.  Probably whatever you prefer. I'm picky about my apples lol.

Roasting in a pan w/veggies sounds nice also.  Might try that the next time I make them.
I have Fuji, which are very sweet. The recipes I pulled up call for more tart apples, like Granny Smith. I stopped buying Galas recently because the ones they're selling here are almost tasteless the past few months. So yea, I asked my kids which they would prefer and, surprisingly, they wanted the roasted veg.

It turned out REALLY good. I dredged the pork chops in seasoned flour (skipping the usual egg step entirely) and fried them in a cast iron skillet. They were crispy on the outside and really moist and tender inside. The veg (potatoes, onion, and carrots) I roasted in the oven in olive oil and herbs. So delicious. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken with artichoke hearts and sherry. It's a low-fat recipe that's really good. I don't like canned artichoke hearts at all, so I use the frozen ones from Trader Joe's.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm solo tonight. I'm thinking of having some of the turkey soup I made yesterday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LaraLove, that picture looks decadent!

Making fettuccine with mushrooms and tomatoes. (Going back to having meatless once or twice a week again.) 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was going to make littlenecks tonight, but then remembered that Aaron has a dentist appointment after work and will be home late. I need something that will keep on the stove for a bit since I don't know exactly what time he will be home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Making fettuccine with mushrooms and tomatoes. (Going back to having meatless once or twice a week again.) 
Since Rick took me out to lunch yesterday, I didn't have dinner last night and he made some soup from the freezer. So tonight we are having the fettuccine with mushrooms and tomatoes that we were going to have last night.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I served it, this was the verbal exchange:

BF: This looks awesome. You better take a picture before you start eating.

Me: Already done.
That looks amazing. My mouth is watering just looking at it. 

Tonight we are having beef stroganoff. It's so easy to make and my daughter loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.