What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big salad, and a chicken recipe that a Lebanese restaurant here in Seattle was known for - have the chicken in the marinade now.  If the rain holds off, hoping dh will grill up the chicken. Might do zucchini for a veggie.  Haven't decided yet on a carb.  Kitchen smells sooooooooo good from mixing the marinade - which has chile powder, garlic powder and yellow curry powder amongst other things :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished the roast chicken mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Thank goodness for the microwave.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bolognaise sauce with veggies. I usually buy a jar of sauce and add in the mince and onions. I think that tastes great. This time I made the whole thing from scratch. It took so much longer and I'm afraid it doesn't look appetising!! It had better taste fabulous. Does anyone have a good recipe?

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bolognaise sauce with veggies. I usually buy a jar of sauce and add in the mince and onions. I think that tastes great. This time I made the whole thing from scratch. It took so much longer and I'm afraid it doesn't look appetising!! It had better taste fabulous. Does anyone have a good recipe?
I usually fry ground beef with onions, garlic and spices. Then add in a can or two of pasta sauce and let cook for 20-30 minutes. I've made it from scratch too. Same base, but instead of canned sauce I boil tomatoes  (just for a minute to loosen the skin), peel the skin off, cut them in half, scoop out the seeds, chop them and then cook them in the sauce until they are all broken down. I love it made like that and I think I am going to do that this week. I might just buy a can of diced tomatoes instead though, it seems much easier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure about tonight.....probably whatever we can find at the grocery store. I do not like cooking on Mondays because til we get home from shopping and such, it's later and I don't feel like doing much of anything.

AyeshaJae, your chicken dish looks very good! 

Tammat, I have a recipe, but I'm at work and will have to dig it up when I get home. I think it's a good recipe. I have containers in the freezer of tomato sauce and tomato juice that I made from the tomatoes in the garden and use them in pasta sauces. But whenever there's a good sale on canned tomatoes, I always buy a bunch for the pantry. I use a lot of tomatoes.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight it is Lemon Pepper Rotisserie chicken from Wal Mart, a baked potato and salad.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I don't know how to cook it either. My mother in law does though, they have tons of rhubarb in their yard. I love my in laws yard... they have rhubarb, blackberries, apples, pears and 3 HUGE cherry trees. 

I had Taco Bell for dinner. It was gross. I didn't even finish 1 taco and had a few nachos and cheese.
You cut off all the leaves of the rhubarb stalks, they are poisonous. Peel the hard skins off. Cut the stalks into 1/2 to 1 inch long pieces. Put in pot with barely any water but loads of sugar. Rhubarb is extremely tart and you may have to add more sugar while it is cooking. Once the rhubarb starts cooking turn down the heat to really low to keep it from scorching with all that sugar in the pot. You can also add a stick of cinamon.

Here in SoCal it's hard to find rhubarb in the market, even the farmers' market, and I've tried growing it in my garden but it never lasts past a few years and the plants or crowns are expensive ($12.00).

The reason people don't like rhubarb is a) the tartness and b) the texture. But then I don't like eggplant or squashes, besides zucchini which makes better pickles than cucumbers and which is the only way I eat zucchini.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bolognaise sauce with veggies. I usually buy a jar of sauce and add in the mince and onions.
I think that tastes great. This time I made the whole thing from scratch. It took so much longer and I'm afraid it doesn't look appetising!! It had better taste fabulous. Does anyone have a good
recipe?
I used to fry onion and garlic then add the meat and crumb it. Add salt pepper Italian seasoning and french dried herbs. Water. Quite a lot of tomato puree to make a good sauce and marmite or in your case veggimite.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@segelkatt.
Thank you.
I love rhubarb but it's not that popular here I don't think so it's not that easy to find it.
How do you keep it fresh if it's not used at once?

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks stewball, it was really good , I love using the slow cooker.

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not cooking anything tonight cause husband won't be here :( Might just be a ramen night for me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Grilled pork tenderloin with pineapple bourbon glaze, a twice-baked sweet potato that Rick and I will share, and a salad.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made THE YUMMIEST dinner last night. :drool: Larry almost couldn't believe I made it :wife: :lol3: . It really was delicious. I got the recipe out of the Real Simple magazine and it was REALLY simple. Tortellini with broccoli pesto. Holy moly - it was yummy. We have some leftover for tonight's dinner too. :clap:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You cut off all the leaves of the rhubarb stalks, they are poisonous. Peel the hard skins off. Cut the stalks into 1/2 to 1 inch long pieces. Put in pot with barely any water but loads of sugar. Rhubarb is extremely tart and you may have to add more sugar while it is cooking. Once the rhubarb starts cooking turn down the heat to really low to keep it from scorching with all that sugar in the pot. You can also add a stick of cinamon.

Here in SoCal it's hard to find rhubarb in the market, even the farmers' market, and I've tried growing it in my garden but it never lasts past a few years and the plants or crowns are expensive ($12.00).

The reason people don't like rhubarb is a) the tartness and b) the texture. But then I don't like eggplant or squashes, besides zucchini which makes better pickles than cucumbers and which is the only way I eat zucchini.

Thanks stewball, it was really good , I love using the slow cooker.
I don't have one. I don't know where to look for one either. Sigh

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My final fry up for a long long time. It was delish. Oh well all good things must come to an end. :-(

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steak and potatoes, corn and beans tonight. With half a garlic baguette. Delish!

Status
Not open for further replies.