What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we are having chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries. I bought the healthier chicken nuggets, I've been wanting to try them but they are so expensive. They were on sale for $9 for the box so I thought I'd try them out.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, garlic and chives and wrapped in bacon. How fancy. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to try chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, garlic and chives and wrapped in bacon. How fancy.
Nice, Tammat. I have some stuffed chicken breast recipes for you to try too, if you're interested.

Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breasts.

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken (I just love sun-dried tomatoes. And it's a low-fat, low-cal meal, too)

Brie-and-Caramelized Onion-Stuffed Chicken Breasts (also low-fat, low-cal)

I'm  going to have chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight...still not really feeling up to eating much.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to try chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, garlic and chives and wrapped in bacon. How fancy. ;)
That sounds delicious!

I am thawing some kale soup that I had in the freezer.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the stuffed chicken sounds so good!  I had asparagus again with brown rice.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had fettuccine alfredo with chicken. I used (store bought) fresh pasta and it was so much better than dry pasta.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Nice, Tammat. I have some stuffed chicken breast recipes for you to try too, if you're interested.

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken (I just love sun-dried tomatoes. And it's a low-fat, low-cal meal, too)

I'm  going to have chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight...still not really feeling up to eating much.
Those recipes sound delicious, especially the third one! 
 Hope you're feeling a little better soon.

Tonight we had some baked ziti and spinach. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I missed this. Yes please. Especially the last two although my husband would love to make the crab stuffed one. Whenever you feel better though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sure....here you go. I'll copy them to The Recipe Exchange, too.

Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

From Healthy Cooking 2009

Makes 6 servings

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 oz. each)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. reduced fat mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
6 tsp. Worcestershire sauce for chicken, divided
2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
3 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese, divided

Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine crab, water chestnuts, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and half of the green onions.

Chop one cheese slice and stir the cheese into the crab mixture. Spread over the chicken and roll up and secure with toothpicks.

In a large, nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides. Place seam side down in a shallow 3-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining Worcestershire spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C), for 25 minutes.

Cut each remaining cheese slice into six strips; place two strips over each chicken breast. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F (81 degrees C). Discard toothpicks. Sprinkle remaining onions over the chicken.

Nutrition Information:  1 stuffed chicken breast equals 225 calories, 7 g fat (2 g sat fat). 95 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 5 g carbs, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges:  5 very lean meat, 1 fat

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

From Light & Tasty 2007

Makes 4 servings

3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not packed in oil)
1/2 cup white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 tsp. dried basil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz. each)
1/4 cup goat cheese (I’ve also used feta cheese)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter foe 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wine or broth, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil.

Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thick. Spread each with 1/4 cup tomato mixture to within 1/2-inch of edges. Crumble goat cheese over the tomato mixture. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with wooden or small metal skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place chicken in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon pan juices over chicken and remove skewers before serving. Makes 4 servings.

Brie-and-Caramelized Onion-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

From The Best of Cooking Light

Makes 4 servings

1 tsp. olive oil, divided
1/2 c. sliced onion
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2/3 c. dry white wine, divided
2 oz. Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper (I used more like 1/2 tsp.)
4 (4-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. minced fresh onion
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh OR 3/4 tsp. dried rubbed sage
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/4 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
Sage sprigs for garnish

Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion, sauté 30 minutes or until golden brown Add sliced garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup wine and cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Spoon the onion mixture into a bowl and cool. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.

Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1-1/2 tablespoons of the onion mixture into each pocket.

Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.

Add 1/3 cup wine, the minced onion, chopped sage, and minced garlic to pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 7 minutes). Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce with chicken. Garnish with sage sprigs. Yield: 4 servings with one serving size at one chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons of sauce.

Recipes are copied here, too:   http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238201/main-dishes-and-entrees-poultry#post_3516772 

Sorry, I got off-track. My dinner tonight is more chicken noodle soup (although I'm really starting to feel like pizza). 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.