What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am trying to have a surprise supper for my husband to celebrate his birthday. A couple of friends are supposed to come over this evening. So even though company is coming, I have to plan supper like it is an ordinary meal. I have a pot of beef stew cooking. That will be served with a green vegetable, probably green beans or salad. and a loaf of buttered bread. I made a pound cake last night and served him some with ice cream for his late night snack. I am thawing some strawberries to serve with it tonight. I have only been able to pull off a surprise one time for him and that was when he retired from his job. He really doesn't like surprises but these friends sort of pushed me. They are a younger couple and they love my husband like he is their daddy. So I am trying to go along.
That sounds wonderful! 
 to your husband.

Just had some potato and chorizo omelets with parsley plus a bowl of potato salad. I'm starting to feel a little too full. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am trying to have a surprise supper for my husband to celebrate his birthday. A couple of friends are supposed to come over this evening. So even though company is coming, I have to plan supper like it is an ordinary meal. I have a pot of beef stew cooking. That will be served with a green vegetable, probably green beans or salad. and a loaf of buttered bread. I made a pound cake last night and served him some with ice cream for his late night snack. I am thawing some strawberries to serve with it tonight. I have only been able to pull off a surprise one time for him and that was when he retired from his job. He really doesn't like surprises but these friends sort of pushed me. They are a younger couple and they love my husband like he is their daddy. So I am trying to go along. :lol3:
The meal was the stew, green limas, tossed salad, fresh loaf bread, the pound cake with ice cream and strawberries It was simple, but good. The doorbell rang at six. I was in the kitchen and I heard him say he didn't now how was at the door. When he opened the door, they said "We are here for the party." They came in carrying two gift bags with a balloon tied to the bag. I got a shocked look from him. Be he really enjoyed the evening. After dessert, we played a game called Rubicube. It was lots of fun. It was only the second time in 36 years of marriage that I have managed to surprise him. :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a wonderful night! I'm so glad you were able to surprise your husband. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The meal was the stew, green limas,
tossed salad, fresh loaf bread, the pound cake with ice cream and strawberries It was simple, but good. The doorbell rang at six. I was in the kitchen and I heard him say he didn't now how was at the door. When he opened the door, they said "We are here for the party." They came in carrying two gift bags with a balloon tied to the bag. I got a shocked look from him. Be he really enjoyed the evening. After dessert, we played a game called Rubicube. It was lots of fun. It was only the second time in 36 years of marriage that I have managed to surprise him. :clap:
What was in the gift bags?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grass fed beef burgers, basil fresh tomato, fresh mozzarella pasta salad and garlic and olive oil grilled asparagus.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had pizza. We celebrated my moms birthday today. My sister ordered pizza and I made apple crisp for dessert.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL is having us for dinner. I think it's salmon on the BBQ with salad. I've made sticky date puddings for dessert. I really didn't want to eat anything sugary today but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. ;)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had chicken enchiladas, roasted potatoes and corn with chocolate cake and homemade butter tarts for dessert. 
 My mother in law made the enchiladas and they were really good but so filling. I only ate half of mine and brought the other half home.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy belated Birthday to your husband! :clap:

We are having some leftover shrimp and pesto pizza.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We had chicken enchiladas, roasted potatoes and corn with chocolate cake and homemade butter tarts for dessert. 
 My mother in law made the enchiladas and they were really good but so filling. I only ate half of mine and brought the other half home.
What are butter tarts?  I love butter...

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some fried okra and green lima beans.  Simple and so yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.