What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we had leftover Beef and Barley soup with Apple Wheat Muffins. The soup is just delicious and I'll be making it again. We had a meatless dinner last night, so I used vegetarian crumbles instead of the ground beef and the soup was still delicious. Lots of barley, carrots, and mushrooms. So good!

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm making George Stella's recipe for Chili Turkey Burgers (have cheese and roasted red peppers in them), cooked asparagus and broccolini, not sure what I'll have yet for my carb.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmm, that sounds tasty. Anything cooked with butter and cream has my vote!
I baked two sweet potato pies tonight. I've never baked one before and ended up with enough batter for two instead of one. I was going to offer one to my neighbour, but after tasting it I would be embarrassed! Not the yummiest creation unfortunately. I think I'll stick to pumpkin pie in the future.
I've tried sweet potato pie three times baked by three different people and I wasn't impressed with any of them. I think it's something you have to grow up with to appreciate. I too much prefer pumpkin pie. It wasn't anything you did or didn't do.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found a great butcher not too many miles away - having their cumberland sausage, homemade meatballs with some spicy sauce, salad and zucchini, pasta or rice for dh and shirataki noodles (aka miracle noodles) for me.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having a chicken pie from a local bakery which is taking way too long to cook! I'm hungry! I should've read the instructions first, maybe had it tomorrow.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade au gratin potatoes (healthy version), baked Italian chicken, and a spinach salad!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
panko breaded baked cod, mixed greens salad, homemade zucchini soup, single serve ice cream for dessert - prolly rum raisin :)

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uhhh so far... cake batter! 
 I've been so busy making a birthday cake for my dad that I guess I forgot about dinner!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I made pizza last night. The dough recipe that I use is usually put into the fridge to rise slowly overnight. Then I get it out and bring it to room temp before using it.

But when Rick realized that I was making the dough, he went into major pizza mode and I didn't have the heart to make him wait until today. So I divided the dough in half, formed the balls, threw one dough ball into the freezer and put the other ball into the oven on the Proof cycle. Once it raised a bit, I just went ahead and made a large pizza. With lots of turkey pepperoni, sauteed onions and pepper strips and mushrooms. Lot of fresh grape tomatoes. Basil and oregano. Mozzarella and fontina and a little monterey Jack. I don't know if it's just that we hadn't had pizza in awhile or what, but darn, that pie was wonderful!

I heat my pizza stone in the oven at 500 degrees for about 45 minutes or so, while I'm doing everything else. Then I form the pizza on my wooden peel and plop the pizza onto the hot stone. It makes for a wonderful cripsy crust.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm having a chicken pie from a local bakery which is taking way too long to cook! I'm hungry! I should've read the instructions first, maybe had it tomorrow.
I made a deep-dish chicken pie on Sunday for dinner (we had some leftover roasted chicken in the freezer that I wanted to use up)....Rick had the leftovers last night with a bit of freezer cabbage. Freezer cabbage is simply a pickled cabbage that can be frozen. I make quite a bit of it and then freeze it in small containers. 

Since he had that last night, we're having our meatless meal tonight. It's a garden primavera with fettuccine and lots of broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, and herbs. I'm hungry now!

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think we are going to be having chicken that is marinating in a tropical mango sauce, with a salad. I'm thinking of cooking up a few soups as well today, for lunches and for the freezer.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight's dinner is apple grilled chicken, made with apple juice. And since it's supposed to be really nice today, we may grill outside! To go with our chicken, I'll core and slice a Granny Smith apple and grill that, too. And we'll have a salad. That's dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.