What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This whole week is soups and salads. Larry is trying to take off some of the pounds he gained from traveling and eating so much out of town. Tonight is creamy tomato basil and I will add some fresh vegetables.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baked fish fillets in lemon dill sauce, quinoa with olive oil and rosemary & garlic, pan steamed asparagus (in a bit of olive oil and low fat/ low sodium chicken broth) Been working on healthier, more veggie heavy meals after seeing my Dr. last week. Metformin for me, so a drastic change in diet and more exercise...it's hard! :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Baked fish fillets in lemon dill sauce, quinoa with olive oil and rosemary & garlic, pan steamed asparagus (in a bit of olive oil and low fat/ low sodium chicken broth) Been working on healthier, more veggie heavy meals after seeing my Dr. last week. Metformin for me, so a drastic change in diet and more exercise...it's hard! :(

That sounds delicious!

My BIL came home last night; my sister will be staying down with their new grandbaby until Sunday. My BIL is coming for dinner tonight. I had made some split pea soup with the leftovers from our Easter ham and stuck it in the freezer. Well, he dearly loves split pea soup and so does Rick, so that's on our menu. Along with some coleslaw. I'm going to make a pan of corn bread (it's made with maple syrup) and dessert will be a pan of chocolate brownies with a scoop of low-fat moose tracks ice cream on top.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my husband loves chicken breasts in the George Foreman Grill. I'm tried of cleaning the stupid grill over and over. I told him next time he can do it.

So whatever  he wants he is cooking. And tonight it's Spaghetti for me !

But I can't complain I guess I'm glad we got it cause I think it is healthy for us minus the grease.that drain down.and off our food.

dejolane

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Smörgåstårta! It's a "cake" made with bread and sandwich fillers and topped with a cream cheese mixture (like icing) and all sorts of toppings. It was a little project me, my mum and my best friend made. 

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks fun to eat. My friend used to make Italian hoagie dip. All the Italian hoagie ingredients chopped up and mixed with a little Italian dressing. You use sliced, crusty Italain bread for dippers.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to take something out of the freezer for tonight. I'm thinking either meatballs or clam chowder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken with a rosemary and onion sauce and some roasted carrots.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we are going out! Larry might have a last minute :nothappy: trip to LA this weekend so I think today should be our Friday night dinner out! And if he doesn't have to go, then we get another Friday dinner out tomorrow. :banana1:

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I had a left over pork chop with rice and corn on the cob.Tonight I'm having left over rice with fish and a salad. And tomorrow I'm likely to have left over salad with another type of fish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.