whats for dinner? 7.3.05

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight I cheated - I was late getting home from work (more snow), and didn't feel like cooking, so I picked up döner kebab on the way home - Germany's favorite fast food. That's the Turkish version of gyros.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
loL!
tricia the doner aroudn the corner is very good.
In frankfurt it burns my throat when i eat it

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Ours was pretty spicy - the guy asked if I wanted "the works", and when I said yes, he piled on the hot peppers, meaning about two tablespoons of them per döner!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

I got some nice tomatoes too, I didn't realize they were in season this early?
I don't know exactly where they came from, but there were beefsteaks, uglys, & romas. We're in Florida.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I don't know exactly where they came from, but there were beefsteaks, uglys, & romas. We're in Florida.
I got some uglys too, and they were very fresh. Maybe some are coming in now. I got some great cherry tomatoes too, very sweet.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

I'm curious, how many plan their meals out way ahead? I kind of do, I get a general idea of what I will have a given week, but I fudge a little as time goes by (not in a meat mood or something like that let's say...)

I have a friend who plans hers weekly and sticks to it to a tea.
I write out a menu once a week for 7 dinners when I go shopping and get everything needed. I stick to it for the most part, but usually have some pizza or other frozen foods on hand in case I'm lazy. Then, when I'm REAL lazy I make popcorn for myself and ask my BF to fend for himself.